Grant Gelon

Certainly a step up from State Fair Community College, for the young Mr. Gelon.  Who is a good kid, IMHO.

Missouri State is located in Springfield Missouri.  It's located just down the road from the World headquarters of Bass Pro Shops. I have been on campus there. It's a nice little campus that would fit into a small, small part of Indiana University.

Missouri State was once known as Southwest Missouri. And under that name, had a young and up and coming coach many years ago,  by the name of none other than Steve Alford.

I am very happy for Grant.  Yes a step up, for a fellow "Region Rat".  And a chance to show America what a great 3 point shooter he truly is. 

And yes CC. Thanks for letting HSN.03 know about this development. 

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Missouri State was once known as Southwest Missouri. And under that name, had a young and up and coming coach many years ago,  by the name of none other than Steve Alford.

And while Alford was there he landed a 6-2 guard that was an Indiana Mr. Basketball.  His name was Kevin Ault and he hailed from Warsaw.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, rico said:

And while Alford was there he landed a 6-2 guard that was an Indiana Mr. Basketball.  His name was Kevin Ault and he hailed from Warsaw.

I don't recall that name.  That is surprising that an Indiana Mr. Basketball went there.  Interesting information Rico.

4 minutes ago, jimmygoiu said:

Ault was chosen ahead of Jaraan Cornell (pu) and Michael Lewis.  Ault was a midmajor talent but more voters knew of him due to Warsaw location. 

Interesting names.........but I can't remember if Warsaw made the Final Four that year?

On 9/26/2017 at 9:58 AM, jimmygoiu said:

Ault was chosen ahead of Jaraan Cornell (pu) and Michael Lewis.  Ault was a midmajor talent but more voters knew of him due to Warsaw location. 

Cornell went to high school at Clay in South Bend.  I consider that bigger than Warsaw am I wrong?  I remember Jaraan as he graduated the same year as me.  Will remember him the most as Clay won the state title in 1994 in an epic overtime battle with Bryce Drew and Valpo High.

Archived