A flash from the past...

Sounds like to me that Todd has come to terms with his addictions.  One can only hope that he has. Interesting to me, that he returned to NWI to clear his mind.

As far a Todd's interaction with Knight is concerned. For me, there is no reason not to believe Todd.  Empirical video evidence of a now long passed Hoosier, taped by an IU assistant proves that Todd was telling the truth, when he claimed Knight abused him physically.. 

• 7 months later...

Digging this old thread up because Todd Jadlow came and spoke to our 6th-8th graders at the middle school where I am one of the counselors.  His message he gave the kids was very solid, telling about his past and defying the odds to earn a scholarship offer from IU. He still credits Knight with teaching him what respect was and that it starts with respecting yourself.  He told them about the bullying he endured and that he took his first drink at 14 to find an escape. He told them how hard he worked to turn into the player he became. 

One story I had never heard before was he says one of his teammates right around graduation a fellow senior called him to his apartment to give him a graduation gift and that was the first time he ever used coke.   He told the kids he walked in saw a  pile of white powder and wrestled with himself about trying it and what it would mean and that he convinced himself he would only do it this time. This goes against other things I have read that said he never tried Cocaine until he went overseas for ball.   He went on to say the only reason he played pro ball was so that he could afford to get high.   Anyone know who he may have been talking about?  Anyone else from that time known for liking to party too much?

Told of the multiple DUI's including the 2 in the same day, losing his 2 year old daughter  because he went to jail, and her not wanting to see him 18 months later when he had a visitation.  Finally realizing after a letter from his older daughter that if he did not change, and for him that meant going back to his religion he would either be dead or in jail the rest of his life.  Overall a good message for the kids, be yourself, respect yourself, be mindful of who you hang around with and realize your choices will not only hurt you they will hurt everyone around you.

Just a cool story of getting to meet a player I watched play growing up that is now spreading a good message after battling his own demons.

4 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Digging this old thread up because Todd Jadlow came and spoke to our 6th-8th graders at the middle school where I am one of the counselors.  His message he gave the kids was very solid, telling about his past and defying the odds to earn a scholarship offer from IU. He still credits Knight with teaching him what respect was and that it starts with respecting yourself.  He told them about the bullying he endured and that he took his first drink at 14 to find an escape. He told them how hard he worked to turn into the player he became. 

One story I had never heard before was he says one of his teammates right around graduation a fellow senior called him to his apartment to give him a graduation gift and that was the first time he ever used coke.   He told the kids he walked in saw a  pile of white powder and wrestled with himself about trying it and what it would mean and that he convinced himself he would only do it this time. This goes against other things I have read that said he never tried Cocaine until he went overseas for ball.   He went on to say the only reason he played pro ball was so that he could afford to get high.   Anyone know who he may have been talking about?  Anyone else from that time known for liking to party too much?

Told of the multiple DUI's including the 2 in the same day, losing his 2 year old daughter  because he went to jail, and her not wanting to see him 18 months later when he had a visitation.  Finally realizing after a letter from his older daughter that if he did not change, and for him that meant going back to his religion he would either be dead or in jail the rest of his life.  Overall a good message for the kids, be yourself, respect yourself, be mindful of who you hang around with and realize your choices will not only hurt you they will hurt everyone around you.

Just a cool story of getting to meet a player I watched play growing up that is now spreading a good message after battling his own demons.

Thanks so much for digging up this old thread.....and sharing your story with us.

As I have said so many time before.... it's stories like this, from our members that I love most about HSN. 

2 hours ago, bstall76 said:

This is horrible and bad speculation...but we did have one player on that team from Bogota, Colombia. If I were betting....and it was the 80's...I'd roll with him. 

Archived