Bill Mallory Has Passed

I waited on him personally at the Tudor Room for 3 years. Whether it was during recruiting season or if he just popped in for lunch or brunch on Sundays.  Always gracious and very kind. Did the unthinkable and turned IU into a football team it could be proud of. No reason to discuss (in my opinion) the end of his tenure at IU. When I think of IU football I think of about 3-4 people and he's leading the charge. 

It won't take long for Fred to do something but a statue outside or on the way in would be very appropriate. 

I had the pleasure of shaking Coach Mallory's hand, once.  Not when he was a Hoosier, but rather as a Buff.  And looked forward to each week, to watching THE BILL MALLORY SHOW, on tv in Denver.  Never realizing or even thinking he would eventually become IU's winningest FB coach of all time.  All I know is that he was not just a great coach, but an even greater person.

What boggles my mind, currently... ...as I search news of Coach's passing, is that not one ...but two 247 ( Colorado as well as IU) sites.... with this late breaking news, breaking all over the net..... have chosen to put this news behind their paywalls.

RIP Coach. 

Bill Mallory, Indiana’s all-time winningest coach, dies at age 83 

• 1 month later...

Archived