It's Memorial Day weekend...

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not to nitpick but Memorial Day is not for all veterans. It is specifically for those who died while serving our country, to memorialize them. 

That said, I'm sure the gesture would be appreciated either way. 

That's true.... about Memorial Day.  Veteran's Day is reserved for Veteran's. 

However... many businesses recognize Vet's on Memorial Day.... with reduced and or free stuff.   Could have gotten a free breakfast today, just by showing my I.D.

And 10% off at Home Depot this weekend for us Vet's as well.... and as I say, many more businesses recognizing vets this weekend. 

15 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Not to nitpick but Memorial Day is not for all veterans. It is specifically for those who died while serving our country, to memorialize them. 

That said, I'm sure the gesture would be appreciated either way. 

"Some gave a little some gave it all."

I don't want to change this or derail the thread but the American people in general change the holidays and forget about what their true meanings are.  We have lost quite a few people out there on the battlefield.  Let's remember them.

31 minutes ago, rico said:

"Some gave a little some gave it all."

I don't want to change this or derail the thread but the American people in general change the holidays and forget about what their true meanings are.  We have lost quite a few people out there on the battlefield.  Let's remember them.

Well said. 

Archived