Baseball headed to Austin Regional as a #2 Seed

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks Snowling for all you do for HSN.... and keeping up to date on all the other big IU sports.  Great to know IU is still alive. And great to have you as part of our board.

I know you post on other boards. I have no problem with that.  Still... I consider you part of HSN.... remembering when you contacted me in the past as why no one was responding to your posts on the now long gone Scout site.  Keep up the great work you do.

And as always :

Go Hoosiers !

Oh, and I hope your move to B-town has been enjoyable for you. 

Thanks, mile.  I appreciate your kind comments as always.  I love following our Hoosiers in any way possible.

My wife and I are enjoying retirement and glad to be back in IN.  The move went as well as could be expected.  Still lots of boxes, but it is beginning to feel like home.  It has been a tough transition for us old folks, but we're here.

If you have any suggestions and/or comments on how we can do a better job, please let me know.

You must have been at IU just before me.  I was there from 1968-72; lived in Wright Quad and Reed Center.  We just spent some time with an IU friend who returns every year for the Indy 500.  He lives in SE Denver, CO.

Take care, my friend.  Blessings to you and yours.

Go Hoosiers!

Steve

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, snowling said:

Thanks, mile.  I appreciate your kind comments as always.  I love following our Hoosiers in any way possible.

My wife and I are enjoying retirement and glad to be back in IN.  The move went as well as could be expected.  Still lots of boxes, but it is beginning to feel like home.  It has been a tough transition for us old folks, but we're here.

If you have any suggestions and/or comments on how we can do a better job, please let me know.

You must have been at IU just before me.  I was there from 1968-72; lived in Wright Quad and Reed Center.  We just spent some time with an IU friend who returns every year for the Indy 500.  He lives in SE Denver, CO.

Take care, my friend.  Blessings to you and yours.

Go Hoosiers!

Steve

Well now. Finally.   I get to know evem more about the great Snowling. Not just a guy dedicated to passing information in the middle of the night about our beloved Indiana University.  Yes, Steve... we may have passed each other on the way to class, if only for one year.  I graduated in 1969.  Lived at McNutt.... and then off campus at Colonial Crest....which was nearly brand new at that time. In fact, McNutt was relatively new at the time as well. Ladies on one side, and men on the other.  And a great dining hall in the middle. They actually served three meals a day, back then... but I know you know.

I honestly can't fathom a move at our age. Therefore, I am truly impressed with your move.... proving how much you and your wife must love Bloomington.  As much as I love Colorado,  a move to Bloomington does make sense to me.  Been all over this great country of ours. Can't think of two other places I would rather be.  I long for Brown County, State Park... particularly in the fall.

I am South of Denver as well.  WIthin walking distance of Cherry Creek State Park.  Sure that your friend knows where.... I will shoot you a PM with my email address.  Maybe we can all hook up some day.  I still have IU grads visit from time to time.  Sadly, we lost one.... LafHoosier.... a little while back. 

In the meantime.  Go Hoosiers !

And IU baseball.....Stayin' Alive

After 2

Bradley walk is the only Indiana activity.
Beauchamp working this afternoon.  Lead-off double; GO moves the runner; single nets a 3rd Aggie run; FO and K end the threat.  Aggie chipping away at the lead; IU's got stop that trend.
* * R H E 
IU 9 8 1
AM 3 5 0

Go Hoosiers!

After 4

Miller is HBP; Gorski reaches on a FC; steals 2nd; K; Gorski steals 3rd on some nifty base running, but GO retires the side.  I would have liked to have seen that run come in to score.
TAMU goes single; 4-3 twin killing; GO ends the inning.
* * R H E 
IU 9 8 1 
AM 3 8 0

Go Hoosiers!

After 5

After a FO, Walker reaches on an error; he is thrown out stealing 2nd; Houston walks; steals 2nd (CCL has running today); GO ends the side.
TAMU goes double; double nets another Aggie run; GO advances the runner; SF with a close play at the plate tightens the game at 9-5; BB; Herrin enters as a reliever (2 down); double with another close play at the plate ... He's OUT and the treat is quelled.  Aggies continue to hit the ball hard to all fields.  Some damage done, but still lead by 4.  GBR!
 * * R H E 
IU 9 8 1 
AM 5 11 1

Go Hoosiers!

After 6

Lloyd doubles (1st hit since the 1st inning for the Hoosiers); LO;  Gorski singles, advances to 2nd on throw to the plate that catches Lloyd for the 2nd out; Gorski steals 3rd, but GO ends the top half of the inning.  Indiana needs to get something productive going; might have been a bad decision to send Lloyd home.
Aggies go GO; BB; PB lets the runner move into scoring position; LO and a 1-3 GO ends the inning. 
 * * R H E 
IU 9 10 1 
AM 5 11 1

Go Hoosiers!

After 8

Lloyd walks after 2 down; Miller singles, GO ends the threat.  IU is gathering some hits, but not being productive with runs across the plate. 
TAMU has a double after 2 down; BB; Lloyd comes in to close it out (needs 4 outs, tying run is on deck); LO ends the treat.  I would like some insurance runs ... IU needs 3 outs to meet the Longhorns.
* * R H E 
IU 9 12 1 
AM 6 14 1

Go Hoosiers!

Final

IU sees Fineman single after 1 out; Bradley reaches on a FC; Walker single has runners on the corners; Walker steals 2nd, but a GO ends the threat.  Darn!
TAMU leads off with a single; K; single brings tying run to the plate; single nets a run (9-7, 1 down); DP saves this game.  GBR!
* * R H E 
IU 9 14 1
AM 7 17 1

Go Hoosiers!

Longhorns at 9p EDT.

1 minute ago, snowling said:

Final

IU sees Fineman single after 1 out; Bradley reaches on a FC; Walker single has runners on the corners; Walker steals 2nd, but a GO ends the threat.  Darn!
TAMU leads off with a single; K; single brings tying run to the plate; single nets a run (9-7, 1 down); DP saves this game.  GBR!
* * R H E 
IU 9 14 1
AM 7 17 1

Go Hoosiers!

Longhorns at 9p EDT.

Not much turn around time.  But, I am sure Snowling.... you remember true double headers .... way back when in the big leagues.  They did not clear the stadiums, like today.  Just played the second game after a short rest.  And you got to see two games for the price of one.   As Ernie Banks famously said : "Let's play two !"

Hook those horns, Hoosiers !

Archived