Bryan Colangelo busted trashing 76ers players, the coach, Hinkie, and building himself up on burner accounts.

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd love one of our attorney's to weigh in, but in my experience with employment issues/law (and I've had a few) At-Will just means they can fire you for no reason. I'm not sure you could get a judge to agree that is what happened; it's pretty clearly a response to this story if he gets fired. Further, I am not sure if it matters that PA is At-Will, he is going to have a contract and whatever is in the contract is going to overrule anything. I'd guess there is a buyout and I think they'll be on the hook for the entire thing. 

Sorry. Don't know how else to say....what you wrote is just incorrect.  

2 specific components articles of NBA articles will come out. Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secrets Act will probably be discussed. Could go into many more details...but teem time in 48 minutes. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry. Don't know how else to say....what you wrote is just incorrect.  

2 specific components articles of NBA articles will come out. Pennsylvania Uniform Trade Secrets Act will probably be discussed. Could go into many more details...but teem time in 48 minutes. 

What part was incorrect? I've had attorney's who specialize in employment law tell me that. 

And again, regardless of At-Will, there's a contract that is likely going to supercede whatever the state law is. 

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck Bryan. Hope you and the Mrs saved your $. Going to be taking a timeout for a year or two.

I don't think anyone really believes he didn't know about those accounts she was running.  They sure got shut down fast after the inquiries at Brian's employer started.

32 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think anyone really believes he didn't know about those accounts she was running.  They sure got shut down fast after the inquiries at Brian's employer started.

Eh, I believe it.  It would be massively, unbelievably stupid for him to knowingly allow his wife to do that — I can’t imagine any professional in his position allowing that.  The three accounts that were tweeting were all linked to her cell phone number.  I think it makes sense that his wife would be one of the first to know of the initial inquiry into the accounts, and that she immediately shut them down.

3 hours ago, cybergates said:

They should bring back Hinkie. Dude deserves the credit for building this team, would like to see how he runs it now that he's not tanking for draft picks anymore.

I would tell them to **** right off and he might as well. He’ll go down as a legend and who’s gotten pretty deep into machine learning AFAIK and seems to be enjoying it. There was a running joke that he created the algorithm and leaked the leaks about Colangelos wife 😂😂

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Eh, I believe it.  It would be massively, unbelievably stupid for him to knowingly allow his wife to do that — I can’t imagine any professional in his position allowing that.  The three accounts that were tweeting were all linked to her cell phone number.  I think it makes sense that his wife would be one of the first to know of the initial inquiry into the accounts, and that she immediately shut them down.

(1) I've seen "dumber" things from people at least as smart as Colangelo.

(2) The inquiry was with the Sixers media people.  He would have known before his wife.  I'll bet the first call he made after that was to tell her to shut them down.

34 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

(2) The inquiry was with the Sixers media people.  He would have known before his wife.  I'll bet the first call he made after that was to tell her to shut them down.

Dumb or not, I surmise his wife was just repeating what she had heard him talk about?

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

But it just makes logical sense that the first thing he would do after hearing about this is ask his wife if she knew what was going on.  Then when she admitted it was her, they shut down the accounts.  I don’t think it follows at all that he had to have known she was doing this all along.

But she was definitely mentioning things she had heard him say.

Archived