Archie Miller and Huber Winery

The event begins tonight at 5:30.  Coach Allen will be speaking as well.  Is anyone going to this event? I look forward to reading about what was said. One of the characteristics that I appreciate about Coach Miller is he's all business. His results are driven through action, not just words. I am excited to hear what he says tonight.  

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

They need an event in Northern Indiana 

I can't recall what it was called.  However at one time, IUBB did tour the entire state during the summer.  Then, the NCAA put an end to it, because the guy who organized it was not a official part of IU.  IU said they were looking for someone within to continue the tour..... but sadly, that never happened.  I am sure there are some old timers, here that remember when IUBB toured the entire state of Indiana.. it really was not that long ago.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I can't recall what it was called.  However at one time, IUBB did tour the entire state during the summer.  Then, the NCAA put an end to it, because the guy who organized it was not a official part of IU.  IU said they were looking for someone within to continue the tour..... but sadly, that never happened.  I am sure there are some old timers, here that remember when IUBB toured the entire state of Indiana.. it really was not that long ago.

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2004/4/9/Barnstorming_Tour.aspx

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Are you at Hubers?

Nope. Buddy and his family are. Between his texts and twitter. Trying to keep up. Guess Archie mentioned Rabjohns a couple of times. Trying to find out from my buddy what he said...while not banging his phone up. Haha

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope. Buddy and his family are. Between his texts and twitter. Trying to keep up. Guess Archie mentioned Rabjohns a couple of times. Trying to find out from my buddy what he said...while not banging his phone up. Haha

Plus Archie talks about De'Ron in the Video, I just linked

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Plus Archie talks about De'Ron in the Video, I just linked

Thanks for posting that. Just finished. I'll say it again. Archie is just a straight shooter. I know I appreciate it. We all like a little rah rah....but give it to me straight and he does that. Highlights for me was that Devonte has shot the ball as well as anyone according to coach. Even referenced JB Jr when he first got here. That's great to hear on DG. Of course Romeo....but he mentioned all in equal segments. Really highlighted Zach McRoberts too. 

Thanks again for posting Mile.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for posting that. Just finished. I'll say it again. Archie is just a straight shooter. I know I appreciate it. We all like a little rah rah....but give it to me straight and he does that.(14) Fred Glass Q & A at Huber's Winery - YouTube Highlights for me was that Devonte has shot the ball as well as anyone according to coach. Even referenced JB Jr when he first got here. That's great to hear on DG. Of course Romeo....but he mentioned all in equal segments. Really highlighted Zach McRoberts too. 

Thanks again for posting Mile.

You are welcome. 

I've got another video.  This one from Mr. Glass, about the state of IU athletics.  Courtesy of Alex at ITH.... also posted on You Tube for all of us to see.  Thanks Mr. Peagram and Alex for posting these videos to You Tube.

Fred Glass Q & A at Huber's Winery 

4 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Eh, not so sure Davis fits the Archie mold to be honest. Hope Davis makes me eat my words though

I agree completely that's another reason he should. Maybe try to give it a year to completely change his body. it's hard to play him in college because of his mobility but there is no chance of playing In the NBA the way he is now because he wouldn't be able to guard anyone in the pick N roll. 

I love Deron and he has represented IU as well as anyone coukd want but really needs to work on his foot speed/quickness. 

7 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I agree completely that's another reason he should. Maybe try to give it a year to completely change his body. it's hard to play him in college because of his mobility but there is no chance of playing In the NBA the way he is now because he wouldn't be able to guard anyone in the pick N roll. 

I love Deron and he has represented IU as well as anyone coukd want but really needs to work on his foot speed/quickness. 

I like Davis. Probably more than I should because of his flashes of potential and what he could mean to this team. With that said. He fell behind his first summer before his freshman year and just hasn't caught up. I said it at the time and I'll say it again. That first summer changes/sets up/prepares you so much for the next few years. 

Hope Davis gets healthy. Given what Archie said in video...I'm not expecting much until conference play. If at all. 

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like Davis. Probably more than I should because of his flashes of potential and what he could mean to this team. With that said. He fell behind his first summer before his freshman year and just hasn't caught up. I said it at the time and I'll say it again. That first summer changes/sets up/prepares you so much for the next few years. 

Hope Davis gets healthy. Given what Archie said in video...I'm not expecting much until conference play. If at all. 

Given the times others have taken to come back from similar injuries, I would be surprised to see De'Ron suiting up for our Hoosiers, this year.

The Denver Broncos had a line backer go down this past Tuesday, with the same injury as De'Ron. Waiting a few days before surgery, it's already been announced he will not be available for at least one year.

De'Ron went down on January 4th of this year.  Had surgery on January 10th.  Based on recovery time of others, as I say, is why I do not expect to see De'Ron on the court this year.  Could happen.... but then the question is.... will he actually be ready to compete ? 

Archived