2018 Season

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Think it’ll be Ramsey or Dawkins?

I'm guessing Dawkins, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.  I have been saying Dawkins all along, but it sounds like he hasn't been as impressive with his arm as I had hoped.

Either way I'm guessing they both get quite a few snaps in the first game.

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I’ve heard The freshmen QB is right there in the race as well. 

I like him a ton for the future, but I would think this year he'd have to be clearly ahead of the other two or it isn't worth burning his redshirt.  If Penix beats out the other two this year, that is a real, real good sign for the future.

3 minutes ago, MPM said:

Welcome to posting, MPM.  I heard it said on tv here in Denver, in regards to the Denver Broncos : "If you have a QB battle, then you don't have a starting QB."   It's good to hear that Coach has settled on a starting QB.

This may have not been a popular choice by many, but at least there is someone who has experience and has had the most time understanding the plays. I really feel that he will utilize at least 2 quarterbacks throughout the season. This choice does not bother me at all. At least you know what you are getting and with hope for improvement from last year.

I do, however feel, at some point during the season, he will be replaced by either Dawkins or Penix.  It is just a feeling I have, could be wrong. It is also a great way for the other two to watch how the plays are properly executed "or NOT ". It is such a motivator especially for Dawkins who transferred for his senior year. I am sure that does not sit well with him. 

This choice in not shocking at all. Shocking to me would have been Penix as the starter. I would have been excited, but nervous.

• 3 weeks later...

Non-conference is behind us. Time to look ahead to the B1G slate and bowl eligibility. 

Let's be real. Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan are losses. Penn State looks fantastic and we don't win in Columbus or Ann Arbor. The remaining games, with ESPN's current IU win probability:

Michigan State (16%)

Rutgers (57%)

Iowa (27%)

Minnesota (31%)

Maryland (46%)

Purdue (58%)

Rutgers should be a win, no excuses. Maryland looks much more beatable now than they did after the first two weeks. Purdue looks like they won't be as good as expected. 

We need 3 wins from that group. Where do we get them? I'll say Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue.

23 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Non-conference is behind us. Time to look ahead to the B1G slate and bowl eligibility. 

Let's be real. Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan are losses. Penn State looks fantastic and we don't win in Columbus or Ann Arbor. The remaining games, with ESPN's current IU win probability:

Michigan State (16%)

Rutgers (57%)

Iowa (27%)

Minnesota (31%)

Maryland (46%)

Purdue (58%)

Rutgers should be a win, no excuses. Maryland looks much more beatable now than they did after the first two weeks. Purdue looks like they won't be as good as expected. 

We need 3 wins from that group. Where do we get them? I'll say Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue.

Hmmmmmm.........who is in charge of ESPN's stats?

45 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Michigan State (16%)

Rutgers (57%)

Iowa (27%)

Minnesota (31%)

Maryland (46%)

Purdue (58%)

Sorry but I disagree wholeheartedly that we cant compete for 48mins with Michigan and Penn St. PSU is at home, and I have zero respect for UM as far as how good they are THIS year. Theres no reason to chalk either one of those up as losses. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sorry but I disagree wholeheartedly that we cant compete for 48mins with Michigan and Penn St. PSU is at home, and I have zero respect for UM as far as how good they are THIS year. Theres no reason to chalk either one of those up as losses. 

Yeah, I'm watching Michigan-SMU right now.  Not impressed at all.

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

At Michigan is possible. We’ve played them toe to toe year after year.  

Exactly. I get it.. its Michigan vs Indiana blah blah.. nothing is forever, especially in sports... and they are by no means elite offensively. We took them to OT last year. 

10 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Optimism is fun. I get it. 

Gotcha. So how did Iowa St beat 2 top 10 teams year? One being on the road against Oklahoma.. they had a decent squad last year, right? Michigan isn't half of what those teams were last year... and we can't beat? Nahh you're wrong. 

You can call it what you want. Michigan is 10-9 in their last 19 games we are 8-7 since the start of last year. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Gotcha. So how did Iowa St beat 2 top 10 teams year? One being on the road against Oklahoma.. they had a decent squad last year, right? Michigan isn't half of what those teams were last year... and we can't beat? Nahh you're wrong. 

You can call it what you want. Michigan is 10-9 in their last 19 games we are 8-7 since the start of last year. 

Iowa State did something?! Well why didn't you say that in the first place! We'll win in Ann Arbor AND Columbus this year now!

Archived