Rematch with Duke

Duke last year, Carolina year before, Duke year before that. Almost like no other Big 10 program can draw TV.  Oh well. We know that's what makes IU special and regardless of what our friends in the conference say....still the biggest draw going.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This is actually kind of annoying... I’m sick of playing Duke in the challenge.  3 out of four seasons?

If we complain....we'll look like cowards. But seriously...would be nice to chalk one up 1 out of ever 4 years. Is what it is. I guess we'll have one more thing to sell TJD and Keion....play at home and win vs Duke in 2019. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If we complain....we'll look like cowards. But seriously...would be nice to chalk one up 1 out of ever 4 years. Is what it is. I guess we'll have one more thing to sell TJD and Keion....play at home and win vs Duke in 2019. 

It’s not even the fact that we probably won’t win in Cameron that annoys me.  I’m all for playing the toughest competition possible before conference play starts.  I just like a little variety in these conference challenges.  These games only happen once a year, and there are a bunch of other good ACC teams I’d like to see us match up against.  It’s getting boring playing Duke every year.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I love getting Duke in the draw.  High profile game and we'll start winning our share.  I like a home & home with Duke more than caving to Cal and Hilljack U.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It’s not even the fact that we probably won’t win in Cameron that annoys me.  I’m all for playing the toughest competition possible before conference play starts.  I just like a little variety in these conference challenges.  These games only happen once a year, and there are a bunch of other good ACC teams I’d like to see us match up against.  It’s getting boring playing Duke every year.

Yep. Maybe a Virginia, Miami (there), or Syracuse. 

Looking at all 14 Matchups  , I predict only 6 wins for the Big Ten :::::::Indiana. ,Michigan , Michigan State , Minnesota , Ohio State , & Wisconsin !! P.S. Duke will play 3 exhibition games in Canada on Aug. 15 ,17 , & 19 ! ! However , they were afraid to schedule the 2 Best teams in Canada (Carelton & Ottawa ) , LMAO !!   Last season Duke had 6'11" Marvin Bagley and 6 '10" Wendall Carter (  Those Biggies are gone !!!) Their tallest recruit for 2018-2019 is only 6'7" ! ! I don't see them as Dominating in the paint this sesson ??????

The matchup has been a ratings success for ESPN.  Why not do it again?  IU becoming IU again needs to play and win these games.  I like the matchup, and what has become a stout pre-conference schedule:

Marquette

Duke

Louisville

Butler

with 20 conference games, there is not much room left to schedule poorly.  And we know Archie/Glass are wanting to toughen our schedule moving forward.

Let's flip this to the other side. Duke has to be thinking IU again as well?  Guess it's good for the young guys to get such a difficult game on the road on national tv so early in the season. Probably won't see a more unique or difficult arena (small gym) to play in all year.

10 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Looking at all 14 Matchups  , I predict only 6 wins for the Big Ten :::::::Indiana. ,Michigan , Michigan State , Minnesota , Ohio State , & Wisconsin !! P.S. Duke will play 3 exhibition games in Canada on Aug. 15 ,17 , & 19 ! ! However , they were afraid to schedule the 2 Best teams in Canada (Carelton & Ottawa ) , LMAO !!   Last season Duke had 6'11" Marvin Bagley and 6 '10" Wendall Carter (  Those Biggies are gone !!!) Their tallest recruit for 2018-2019 is only 6'7" ! ! I don't see them as Dominating in the paint this sesson ??????

HTD upping his game. Adding the underline to everything instead of Capitalizing words.  Now that is progress i can get behind.  

Archived