Rematch with Duke

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I love getting Duke in the draw.  High profile game and we'll start winning our share.  I like a home & home with Duke more than caving to Cal and Hilljack U.

After this year, we will be so good year in and year out, Coach K will tell ESPN to stop scheduling us against them in the challenge.

I absolutely love that we get to play Duke at their place and I think we have a good chance to win.  Some reasons why I love the match up and location...

1. It is an away game against an elite opponent.  If we lose, it does little to hurt our resume in March.  

2. It is an away game against an elite opponent.  If we win, it is absolutely huge for our resume in March (as long as Duke doesn't completely crap the bed this season).

3. Playing a fresh young Duke team that lost a core of starters from last season early in the year has W written all over it for us.  I'm not saying it will be easy, but our experience should match up well against their lack thereof.  

4. Our freshman get experience in one of the wildest environments in college basketball right out of the gate.  If they can survive this game, most big ten away games will seem tame by comparison.  This should help to put some ice in their veins and positively impact conference performances down the road. 

The Duke game is big not for this team but for the program. The opportunity is not only a great one for this team but it's great for the program and brand of IU basketball. Games like these are viewed and create buzz at a national presence not just the Midwest like a big ten game. Millions of people will watch the game including NBA scouts. It's also another selling point to recruits. Not many programs get the opportunity to play in these national marquee games. I'd love for IU to play Duke and/or Kentucky every year . Who cares or wants to watch IU play Miami or Virginia tech on the road besides us IU fans?? But when it's Duke and IU everyone watches. Just like i watch or at least toon in when it's Duke/Carolina etc..If we want to be considered with the best again on a concistemt basis then you gotta be different than every other mediocre program. This is IU basketball. 5 national championships. This program is different. Bring on the best of the best every year. It only helps us continue to build the program. I know Archie isn't scared of anybody and I love it!

3 hours ago, 5 championships said:

The Duke game is big not for this team but for the program. The opportunity is not only a great one for this team but it's great for the program and brand of IU basketball. Games like these are viewed and create buzz at a national presence not just the Midwest like a big ten game. Millions of people will watch the game including NBA scouts. It's also another selling point to recruits. Not many programs get the opportunity to play in these national marquee games. I'd love for IU to play Duke and/or Kentucky every year . Who cares or wants to watch IU play Miami or Virginia tech on the road besides us IU fans?? But when it's Duke and IU everyone watches. Just like i watch or at least toon in when it's Duke/Carolina etc..If we want to be considered with the best again on a concistemt basis then you gotta be different than every other mediocre program. This is IU basketball. 5 national championships. This program is different. Bring on the best of the best every year. It only helps us continue to build the program. I know Archie isn't scared of anybody and I love it!

Also, I'm very glad we got the road game this year as opposed to last. If you're talking national audience, that just would have been a bloodbath to watch on the road. But I feel pretty solid about our chances to compete in Cameron with the core we'll be bringing in this year...a tandem of Romeo and Juwan just settles the nerves a bit whoever we play and wherever the venue :jumprope:

Worst case, I think it will be a close back and forth game and they pull away at the end (no harm no foul that early in the season). Best case we win and every thinks about us in a totally different light the rest of the year.

When I hastily made my predictions for this seasons Big Ten/ACC Challenge I overlooked the Iowa & Northwestern home games ! Therefore , I now think that the Big Ten could actually win it this season with 8 Wins ! Go Big Ten !!! P.S. IU plays Duke on Tuesdsay November 27 , 2018 and pee yew gets to Lose at Florida State on Wednesday November 28 , 2018 !!!! How sweet it is !!!

Archived