Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Again if we don’t get Leal I think another of this staffs decision we will regret

Why would this be a staff decision, if we do offer and he decides to go elsewhere?

The schools he mentions above are hardly basketball factories. From all indications, Leal is a real intelligent guy. Not saying that IU doesn't have some strong academic programs, but it would be hard to put them up against a Stanford or Northwestern and honestly say that we are on the same level. If we offer, and he chooses to go to a school for both basketball and academic reasons, good for him.

If we don't offer, and he blows up, then your point holds some validity. Too early in the process for this kid. CAM is not CTC and does not throw out offers seemingly indiscriminately. If there is to be an offer, it will come in due time.

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why would this be a staff decision, if we do offer and he decides to go elsewhere?

The schools he mentions above are hardly basketball factories. From all indications, Leal is a real intelligent guy. Not saying that IU doesn't have some strong academic programs, but it would be hard to put them up against a Stanford or Northwestern and honestly say that we are on the same level. If we offer, and he chooses to go to a school for both basketball and academic reasons, good for him.

If we don't offer, and he blows up, then your point holds some validity. Too early in the process for this kid. CAM is not CTC and does not throw out offers seemingly indiscriminately. If there is to be an offer, it will come in due time.

Maybe we were too late to the party. Its nice to feel prioritized not since they struck out on everyone else I am the consolation prize. Maybe its understood that if an offer comes he would jump IDK. I just believe that kid can play at IU and be successful. 

18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe we were too late to the party. Its nice to feel prioritized not since they struck out on everyone else I am the consolation prize. Maybe its understood that if an offer comes he would jump IDK. I just believe that kid can play at IU and be successful. 

Isn’t he a 2020? We haven’t struck out on any there...yet...

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Or maybe there is a "gentleman's agreement"?

If Leal is 2020 and we have kept close tabs on him up to this point, I sense he now becomes one of the top priorities for a guard for 2020 class.  Green will be gone and we will only have(barring any guard transfers or 2019 guard commitments) Durham, RP and Franklin remaining so playing time will be available.  Maybe Demezi Anderson as a shooting guard but lets assume he would slide to SF. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

True...but none of those teams cut the nets down this year...Virginia could be come the new Duke...🤦🏻‍♂️

More power to them.  A university founded by Thomas Jefferson is fine in my book.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I guess you missed Virginia in there but let’s cry about Bryant Macintosh from northwestern but there not a basketball factory are they but it doesn’t mean they don’t get quality players does it? I am for going for Indiana kids not my decision though it is the staffs. If they don’t offer Leal which they haven’t so far I do think it is a mistake!!! You may be liking what this staff is doing but I am not sold on them! It’s obvious we need shot makers on the floor and yet we haven’t improved on that yet. 

4 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin. If I attached everything that is being talked about and what staff sees, likes, doesn't like. 

I'll just leave it at this: It's an ongoing and fluid situation. 

And to his mother who I know reads this: Hi :)

Understood. Thanks as always sir!

9 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin. If I attached everything that is being talked about and what staff sees, likes, doesn't like. 

Well Mom I hope to see your son don the Candy Stripes for the hometown Hoosiers!! 😀

14 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

That made me laugh.  Ms. Leal is awesome and an enthusiastic supporter of her son as we all would be in her situation.

How would Leal's game compare to Lester's?  Granted,  Leal has an entire AAU and school season left, but just wondered about skillsets.

Call me selfish, I'd love to get both.  But all things being comparable, give me the Bloomington kid that grew up loving the Hoosiers, especially if his family loves the Hoosiers as well.

Archived