Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is at least 1 other 😀right @MrsStoller

She is the only other I know of (along with our new member of course).  I'm sure there are more out there.  I know I lurked for a while because I was a bit nervous to join in the conversations, but this is a good group for sure!  I wonder whatever happened to MrsBigHandsome?  I might have the name a bit off but I remember she loved Cody!

13 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

She is the only other I know of (along with our new member of course).  I'm sure there are more out there.  I know I lurked for a while because I was a bit nervous to join in the conversations, but this is a good group for sure!  I wonder whatever happened to MrsBigHandsome?  I might have the name a bit off but I remember she loved Cody!

Thank you your contribution to the board. I know we have had a few that you could tell from their name but I think there are plenty that lurk.

3 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

@Coach1K, right?

I think having a local stud player and student from a great family could be integral in establishing true family culture. Recall the stories of players spending Thanksgiving or Christmas with Jordan Hulls and his family.  Not everyone is a short drive from home. You could be from Los Angeles, New York, or Mountain Brook, Al, for example. 

How comforting for the player and his parents to know they have that extra level of security and family.  Maybe you drive to watch your son from say the Cleveland area, Fort Wayne, or Mountain Brook, Al,  just off the top of my head.  What a blessing to have an extended family to share the highs and lows of the season with, along with an extra bed and some breakfast. 

Just a couple random thoughts. An extra set of mom eyes, and a homemade meatloaf, could go a long way to a parent from St. Louis,  Pennsylvania,  or Evansille, just spit balling some locations. How's your meatloaf BtownMom?

4 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I think having a local stud player and student from a great family could be integral in establishing true family culture. Recall the stories of players spending Thanksgiving or Christmas with Jordan Hulls and his family.  Not everyone is a short drive from home. You could be from Los Angeles, New York, or Mountain Brook, Al, for example. 

How comforting for the player and his parents to know they have that extra level of security and family.  Maybe you drive to watch your son from say the Cleveland area, Fort Wayne, or Mountain Brook, Al,  just off the top of my head.  What a blessing to have an extended family to share the highs and lows of the season with, along with an extra bed and some breakfast. 

Just a couple random thoughts. An extra set of mom eyes, and a homemade meatloaf, could go a long way to a parent from St. Louis,  Pennsylvania,  or Evansille, just spit balling some locations. How's your meatloaf Hoosiermama?

Post of the day.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Just a couple random thoughts. An extra set of mom eyes, and a homemade meatloaf, could go a long way to a parent from St. Louis,  Pennsylvania,  or Evansille, just spit balling some locations. How's your meatloaf Hoosiermama?

I think maybe you meant to ask BtownMom about her meatloaf, but but mom and grandma are famous in the family for their meatloaf.  Not sure how mine compares but I'd be happy to make some and deliver to Bloomington if that helps!  haha. 

1 minute ago, HoosierMama said:

I think maybe you meant to ask BtownMom about her meatloaf, but but mom and grandma are famous in the family for their meatloaf.  Not sure how mine compares but I'd be happy to make some and deliver to Bloomington if that helps!  haha. 

Correct.  Perfect example.  See, EVERYONE can use some extra mothering!

32 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Just a couple random thoughts. An extra set of mom eyes, and a homemade meatloaf, could go a long way to a parent from St. Louis,  Pennsylvania,  or Evansille, just spit balling some locations. How's your meatloaf BtownMom?

I'm only an hour from Bloomington and make a mean ham loaf and willing to deliver.  Are these impermissible benefits

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Plenty of lurkers. I know of 3 in my family who are of the better gender who lurk here often. They choose to stay out of the mess but it's funny when I get a text from either my wife, mother in law, or sister in law asking me about why did so and so say this. Or why does this poster always seem pissed off? I always tell them to sign up but right now....they are content in reading. One more missed tourney and they'll sign up. And they won't be the positive folks either. Haha.

Leal just needs to he a freaking Hoosier. He can flat shoot and is far more athletic than people realize.

Way more so than Hulls, Roth, Fife, Coverdale, Zeisloft etc. Either he can play or he can't. And this kid can!

Furthermore, he is the type of person I want representing IU. Give me TJD, Rob p., Franklin, Leal types all day long.

So if Leal has been a Hoosier fan his whole life, im hoping, assuming he gets an offer (this board might riot if he doesnt), that he still jumps at the chance to play for IU and the ability to prove all the doubters wrong in practice and 30ish games a year rather than 1 or 2 games a year playing against is for what will feel like 10 years for most of us.

2 hours ago, HoosierMama said:

Guilty as charged but I think you and mile along with CC can vouch for me and for the other part I did at one time.

Archived