Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Read that Anthony had an in home visit from Northwestern yesterday. 

Academically NU >IU but can't imagine wanting to play up in even the newly renovated Welsh Ryan as compared to SSAH.

In general perhaps, but I think it depends on what you want to major in.  I believe IU's undergrad business school is ranked higher.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Stanford and Northwestern can be very intriguing options for Leal. Top quality education and diploma from a prestigious private university...if I were him, I would pick one of the two. Maybe Stanford because of weather. 

Sounds like you want him to go elsewhere unless I misread, but I couldn’t disagree more I really hope he commits to the Hoosiers and soon! Same goes for Galloway 

42 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

In general perhaps, but I think it depends on what you want to major in.  I believe IU's undergrad business school is ranked higher.

This year.  It's not unusual for them to flip spots year-to-year though.  Undergrad business, in terms of overall perception, both are solid. 

Graduate, Kellogg edges Kelley, but IU is still a very respected name.

46 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

This year.  It's not unusual for them to flip spots year-to-year though.  Undergrad business, in terms of overall perception, both are solid. 

Graduate, Kellogg edges Kelley, but IU is still a very respected name.

While I can’t speak for face to face programs, Kelley has the number one online MBA and Masters program of all universities.  Granted I am sure you are referring to f2f but just thought I would point that out 😁

26 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

While I can’t speak for face to face programs, Kelley has the number one online MBA and Masters program of all universities.  Granted I am sure you are referring to f2f but just thought I would point that out 😁

Wasn't even thinking of rankings, just general perception. 

Oh I agree with all of the above as a proud graduate of the IU School of business.  If Anthony is truly interested in business, Kelley would be the best Big Ten choice.  IU's School of Business has been ranked in the top of all business schools for decades now. Just as how our School of Music has been.  And the expansion of the  School of Business facility has been remarkable, since when I attended. It was brand new when I attended.  But nothing like it is today. 

One of the reasons, Cody Zeller chose IU was because he met with the powers of Kelley at the time.... and they actually structured an academic schedule around his interests.

Kelley School of Business is great.  They continue to stay in contact... as I got an e-mail from them.... just today.

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

Sounds like you want him to go elsewhere unless I misread, but I couldn’t disagree more I really hope he commits to the Hoosiers and soon! Same goes for Galloway 

Oh no I want him to come to IU. It's just my personal opinion and if any HS player who's good enough to aspire for a pro career, he should sign with a school like IU. But for a player who can benefit more from the college degree itself, going to a better academic institution is always a good option. Hope it makes sense.

I want Anthony to commit to IU as much as anyone here. I am also extremely aware and proud of the high rankings of some of our schools of endeavor. That being said, it seems like any time academics are brought into the conversation,KSB is mentioned with the presumption that the kid will be pursuing a business degree—- with no evidence that the kid has any interest in business. This is why I won’t ever disregard schools like Stanford or Northwestern who have all around higher prestige when it comes to academics.

Agree completely that if Anthony wants to pursue business, the combination of KSB and IU basketball would be hard to beat. But if his interests lie elsewhere, there may be equally attractive options 

24 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

While Kelley is no doubt a great Business school, Ross (University of Michigan), is superior. 

Lol...I guess this could go on for days....but I’d be willing to bet if someone has a degree from Stanford...no matter which department...it doesn’t matter where you are in the world that gets noticed...so I understand surveying your options...but honestly the kid has grew up a fan his whole life here...I’m sure he has thought about this decision for years now...and I don’t suppose it will be too long til he commits. Mom just has to find time to make enough meatloaf for all his family and friends for his announcement party...no small feat!! Lol

25 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

While Kelley is no doubt a great Business school, Ross (University of Michigan), is superior. 

While Ross is great. And I will grant you that.  However, and I could be wrong about this.... but Ross has not been ranked higher than IU's school of business.... since I graduated from there in 1969.   IU's School of Business, has been ranked at... or near the top for nearly 50 years now.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Lol...I guess this could go on for days....but I’d be willing to bet if someone has a degree from Stanford...no matter which department...it doesn’t matter where you are in the world that gets noticed...so I understand surveying your options...but honestly the kid has grew up a fan his whole life here...I’m sure he has thought about this decision for years now...and I don’t suppose it will be too long til he commits. Mom just has to find time to make enough meatloaf for all his family and friends for his announcement party...no small feat!! Lol

Big meatloaf.... and small announcement party..... takes care of all issues. 

55 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Oh no I want him to come to IU. It's just my personal opinion and if any HS player who's good enough to aspire for a pro career, he should sign with a school like IU. But for a player who can benefit more from the college degree itself, going to a better academic institution is always a good option. Hope it makes sense.

Yes it does,  I guess I am thinking of him wearing candy stripes which is selfish of me. I do feel IU offers a very good education opportunity as well as a young man from Bloomington reaping the benefits from playing at the local university after his basketball career is over

1 minute ago, BtownMom said:

So, for the record, no meatloaf was served. — albeit, I make an amazing meatloaf!  We did have cookies and refreshments. Again, for the record, coaches do not eat cookies.

What a truly blessed and fantastic week. 

AB4396F2-6F78-407B-A32B-A20C41757010.jpeg

Very happy for you and your family.  It’s gotta be pretty special seeing your child go through this process, no matter where he goes.

37 minutes ago, BtownMom said:

So, for the record, no meatloaf was served. — albeit, I make an amazing meatloaf!  We did have cookies and refreshments. Again, for the record, coaches do not eat cookies.

So cool mom.  Thanks for sharing with us.  Do really appreciate it.

Meatloaf once Anthony signs, to celebrate ! I

Beautiful kitchen...... by the way.  Nice spread for Coach Miller, by he way.  Even if he does not share cookies. I don;t know why. Those look great to me.

Mom you are the best.  GIve Anthony a hug for me.  You have raised a great son. 

1 hour ago, BtownMom said:

Coaches don't eat cookies! That cracked me up. I can see mom....

"Well dang, that wasnt in the memo, how about some lemonade?"

1 hour ago, BtownMom said:

Thank you for humoring us. So glad we haven’t run you off. We appreciate your special insight into this recruitment and I believe I can speak for all that IU would be lucky to have your son. We hope for the opportunity of watching him grow into a special player at IU. Prayers for safe travels this summer and a successful senior year! I’m absolutely sure your meatloaf is fabulous and from that spread I would love to watch IU games from your house. Yum!!!

3 hours ago, BtownMom said:

We have the same kitchen faucet.

Archived