Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

My only concern there is does that prevent you from getting a really good kid in 2021?  Not sure 2020 is the class I want four kids in.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.  In other words. Should one have a breakout season, and move on to the next level. Or worse, decide to transfer. Take what you can get now.  And let the future play out as it may.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

My only concern there is does that prevent you from getting a really good kid in 2021?  Not sure 2020 is the class I want four kids in.

I think your crazy if you don’t take Leal, Galloway, and Cross plus another top 100 kid. Sign em up! 2021 will take care of its self plus you don’t know who could transfer or go pro early. We just have to keep building solid class after solid class 

From what I've read, he's a really good student.  There may be a natural draw to Stanford, depending on what he wants to do.  The U.S. has an incredible combination of technological innovation, and the ability to finance entrepreneurship.  Stanford is in the middle of all of that synergy, at every end.  The contacts he could make are extraordinary.  

As for location, Bloomington and Palo Alto are near the top of the USA.  But one is much farther from home.

I wonder if there is a natural pull for Stanford that he's wrestling with.  

I think we are reading WAY too much in the fact that Leal and Galloway have not committed.   The fact is, it is very rare for a recruit to commit during the summer.  They almost always do a couple of visits in the fall, and decide right before their high school season starts, or during the fall signing period.  If I was Leal, I would definitely want to have the opportunity to check out the Stanford coeds even if I was 100% sure I was going to IU.  

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think we are reading WAY too much in the fact that Leal and Galloway have not committed.   The fact is, it is very rare for a recruit to commit during the summer.  They almost always do a couple of visits in the fall, and decide right before their high school season starts, or during the fall signing period.  If I was Leal, I would definitely want to have the opportunity to check out the Stanford coeds even if I was 100% sure I was going to IU.  

Anderson, Hunter and Thompson all committed in July. All dogs aren’t collies so hard to say the reasoning behind it all but on the surface it looks like maybe we lost some momentum 

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think Archie's first 3-4 commits were during a two week run in June/early July. I feel better with Galloway. Leal has had his hometown chance. 

I think Cross is becoming a long shot. I’m fine with just Leal and Galloway and hopefully a center. Then use the other on a grad transfer back up point guard. Davis graduates after this year and Brunk after next. I’d hate to go into 2021 with no veteran bigs and I’d hate to go into 2020 without a back up point guard for Rob.

3 minutes ago, ClusterHead said:

Holtmann is becoming the new Crean...throwing around offers and hoping they stick.  Effective in the short term, not so much long-term.

I am going to thread lightly on this topic. I know CTC threw them around but I am not one that thinks the recruiting was terrible. I think the outcome was too many unbalanced classes some due to CTC some due to a series of unfortunate events. 

31 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I love TJD already. This kid WILL be the leader at IU for as long as he plays for IU before going pro. 

I agree. I think he has a chance to become one of the more beloved Hoosiers. He really promotes our program and is all about the team. 

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am going to thread lightly on this topic. I know CTC threw them around but I am not one that thinks the recruiting was terrible. I think the outcome was too many unbalanced classes some due to CTC some due to a series of unfortunate events. 

Love ya. And you know that.  However when a coach makes offers to kids sight unseen. And then to a kid in Florida (always forget the name) that never amounted to anything... and as much as I had Crean's back early on.  Upon reflection. I wonder what he  knew what he was doing. 

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Love ya. And you know that.  However when a coach makes offers to kids sight unseen. And then to a kid in Florida (always forget the name) that never amounted to anything... and as much as I had Crean's back early on.  Upon reflection. I wonder what he  knew what he was doing. 

David something can’t remember his last name

On 6/4/2018 at 7:19 PM, Indykev said:

I saw somewhere that Cal is going to pass a law where college coaches can only make $200,000 a year. If they do that UCLA will lose Alford and any good coach that may go there after they fire Alford.

Well california needs money for all their give aways..

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

My selective memory seemed to forget those things. Thank for reminding me,  I think. 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Wasn't David Williams Roshown McCleod's first project or something? What a waste of money he was. 

I mean the former assistant coach, not the kid. 

Colby Jones of Mountain Brook just got an offer from Stanford. 6'5" shooting guard that is a 4 star on 247. Relevant because he's the same position as Leal.

Great student, and his game is really improving to match his athleticism and intelligence. Recruits have options, as do schools.  Hope we get Anthony, and selfishly would love to see Colby go to Bama or Auburn to watch him play. 

1 hour ago, addictedtoIU said:

Wasn't David Williams Roshown McCleod's first project or something? What a waste of money he was. 

I mean the former assistant coach, not the kid. 

McCleod was a disaster.  Actually worked against Coach in a horrible home visit to one of what could have been (at the time) one of IU's biggest recruits.

Archived