Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saying we as IU fans preach state's best first probably more than any other elite level/historical blue blood program going. I can't name the last player Coach K got from North Carolina actually. 

Wendell Moore this year. Recent years: Joey Baker, Harry Giles, Brandon Ingram. I'd say UNC prioritizes in state kids more so than Duke, but Duke wins a few.

I'd also say Illinois fans obsess about recruiting the state at a level approaching IU fans, and fail at it far more than IU, thanks to the politics of Chicago basketball.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone please remember anthony’s Mom is a part of this board and is probably reading these comments. Competition gets the best of us sometimes and when we lose we are sore losers. This is a small piece of the puzzle of life and yes we would love to have Anthony but ultimately he has to chose what’s best for him and we don’t know what happens behind the scenes. Anthony and his family have to chose the path that sets Anthony up for the rest of his life. A majority of us have kids and we want what’s best for them and would do anything to support them. Hatred is an ugly look and should be reconsidered before someone becomes a keyboard warrior. Go Hoosiers!!!

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Everyone please remember anthony’s Mom is a part of this board and is probably reading these comments. Competition gets the best of us sometimes and when we lose we are sore losers. This is a small piece of the puzzle of life and yes we would love to have Anthony but ultimately he has to chose what’s best for him and we don’t know what happens behind the scenes. Anthony and his family have to chose the path that sets Anthony up for the rest of his life. A majority of us have kids and we want what’s best for them and would do anything to support them. Hatred is an ugly look and should be reconsidered before someone becomes a keyboard warrior. Go Hoosiers!!!

Anyone that rips the kid over a personal choice should be given a 'vacation' by the mods.

17 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I’m not sure about the precedence that sets. How do you know if somebody really doesn’t know what’s best for a kid they’ve never met? 😎

I would see nothing wrong with people expressing their displeasure about a choice as long as it's not a personal attack on the player or their family etc.. us crazy fans have been known to cross the line a time or 2000

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would see nothing wrong with people expressing their displeasure about a choice as long as it's not a personal attack on the player or their family etc.. us crazy fans have been known to cross the line a time or 2000

When you are talking about Stanford, I think the proper term would be 'disappointment' as opposed to displeasure.  

If it was UK.......then displeasure, dislike, disgust,  disbelief, etc.  are all on the table.

If he's able to get into Stanford now, he'll be able to get into grad school once bball comes to an end. I can't imagine a more exciting experience than playing for a legendary program that's also your hometown university. I hope he we get some good news tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I feel that pain as a parent 4 days in NICU is more than I would wish on my worst enemy 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Birth of my daughter was pretty good. ☺️

45 days in the Nicu sucked to be fair

I understand both of you. My daughter was in there for 14 days. Short stay compared to you Brass. I’ll pray for you and your family. 

Archived