Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fundamentals 

CAM has identified kids who have gotten excellent coaching on the fundamentals. So happy for Anthony. He is living a dream that I imagine has been his vision as long as he can remember. So happy for the program. We are bringing in basketball players instead of athletes who we hope become basketball players. We are bringing in kids who understand what it means to put on the candy stripes.

Congratulations Anthony! And congratulations, Mr and Mrs Leal. Dad, and mom especially, have to be ecstatic that their son will be so close to home.

Coach Miller was not the first to offer the home town kid.  I was critical of that.  Look at my first post in this thread.  However, since that post, I was made aware that Coach was keeping a close eye on Anthony.  Anthony ,as well as his parents, became well aware of that.  And as a result, it has paid off for IU. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm happy for him and I'm happy for his family.  I assume he'll still live on campus but mom's meatloaf is always just a few minutes away!

Welcome to Hoosier Nation, Anthony!

Mrs Leal better buy another meatloaf pan, because there's going to be 12 other bottomless pits that aren't that close to a  home cooked meal.

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

We've got 2 open for next year

We're not going to fill both.  I can't over-emphasize how important it will be to keep as many open as you can get away with for 2021.

Landing Brunk was a game changer for the 2020 class.  It provides Archie with a lot more flexibility, and he can save that last scholly.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So you don't think we'll take 3?

Just now, 5fouls said:

We're not going to fill both.  I can't over-emphasize how important it will be to keep as many open as you can get away with for 2021.

Depends on who the 3 and/or 4 are.

4 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

If Garcia and Davis want to come, we take 4

Garcia...Yes.  But, I did not say he would not fill the 12th scholly, just not the 13th.  

If Davis is a realistic possibility (and I don't think he is), Archie will have to choose between Davis in 2020 or Lander in 2021.  He's not going to get both.  My preference is Lander.  Lander has a chance to be IU's best PG since I. Thomas.

Good get . Reputation is of being a hard working kid, and a cerebral player. Hard to go wrong there.. 

Although he doesn't exactly blow me away with most of his game, relative to a couple other kids I follow, I can't deny he has a chance to be a real reliable , solid B1G player  before it is all said and done. Maybe sooner than later, if he comes in shooting at a high enough clip - and until I see some current Hoosiers prove they can be more consistent from outside.

I usually am not a big fan of anything Bloomington South other than their Girl's Bball program-but with his commitment, though,   I'm officially rooting for him to have a nice Sr year and eventually carve out a role on future Hoosier teams he'll be a part of. Go IU!!

Nice bounce back on the recruiting trail with these Galloway and Leal commitments.  Leal doesn’t look like the most explosive athlete, but it sounds like he can shoot, which we obviously need badly.

This video of Leal playing with Galloway in the Indiana/Kentucky all-star game was fun to watch.  They’re going to come in with some good chemistry.

Archived