Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Great find. And link. Thanks for sharing.

I've always liked Alex's dad.  Back to the day when he went under cover as "Deep Throat" to bring us the goods on Cody Zeller. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I've always liked Alex's dad.  Back to the day when he went under cover as "Deep Throat" to bring us the goods on Cody Zeller. 

How the hell have I never noticed that Rick and Alex were related until now?

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I knew a “deep throat” during Cody’s recruitment as well..he was spot on every time...so much so that I called him out on some info one time...about a coach being at Reeds deli in Washington,next thing my phone was ringing and I answered to ..” you don’t believe me..here is proof..Hi this is Coach Crean “...I never questioned again...

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I'll just say this. Enjoy Rick's IU coverage.....but both are very insecure White Sox fans. Slightest mention of anything to them on twitter on that subject and those defenses go up. Had to stop following them which stinks because Rick really gets IU from a historical and local perspective. Really good writer.

Anthony Leal is a Hoosier. He discusses.
- growing up an IU fan
- playing with Trey Galloway
- what he can bring from day 1
- who is he recruiting next?
all right here...and all free of course. Indiana kids committing to IU shouldn't be hidden behind paywalls.

6 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
Anthony Leal is a Hoosier. He discusses.
- growing up an IU fan
- playing with Trey Galloway
- what he can bring from day 1
- who is he recruiting next?
all right here...and all free of course. Indiana kids committing to IU shouldn't be hidden behind paywalls.

Tons of quotes in that piece.  TDH... helping fans to get to know Anthony Leal.  Free of charge !

I really like this pick up.  People knock the stars a bit but Leal and Galloway are both kids who are in that range where they are A)talented but B)look to be on campus for 3 to 4 years.  Also, in the case with Leal at least, the kid has bled Cream and Crimson from a young age.  He is well positioned to be the type of leader that I do not think you always get from some of the higher rated kids.  He has been an IU Hoosier since long before he is putting on that uniform.  There is a pride in that.

If we are going to rebuild this thing, these 2 guys we picked up this year are going to be the type of culture building players we HAVE to have.  Welcome aboard young man, glad to have you and your buddy Galloway to watch over the next few years.  And if Mama Leal is lurking, congrats, as an IU fan this has to be just about as cool for you as it will be for your son to put on that jersey.

9 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Matt Cross has been IU’s #1 since April. He isn’t “ranked” (rankings... LOL) as high as others but the head coach wants him as bad or more than any other current player on IU’s board. 

He is the clear-cut priority. After his commitment (early September? Hopefully to IU) then things get interesting with some of the bigger name prospects and more highly rated types. 

That makes sense. His stats are impressive.

Despite being on a bad team his stats show he’s willing to pass. And he can score from all over. Plus pretty good from FT line. 

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I really like this pick up.  People knock the stars a bit but Leal and Galloway are both kids who are in that range where they are A)talented but B)look to be on campus for 3 to 4 years.  Also, in the case with Leal at least, the kid has bled Cream and Crimson from a young age.  He is well positioned to be the type of leader that I do not think you always get from some of the higher rated kids.  He has been an IU Hoosier since long before he is putting on that uniform.  There is a pride in that.

If we are going to rebuild this thing, these 2 guys we picked up this year are going to be the type of culture building players we HAVE to have.  Welcome aboard young man, glad to have you and your buddy Galloway to watch over the next few years.  And if Mama Leal is lurking, congrats, as an IU fan this has to be just about as cool for you as it will be for your son to put on that jersey.

Indiana born, Hoosier by choice.

Says it all. Great kid, great commitment 

20 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Matt Cross has been IU’s #1 since April. He isn’t “ranked” (rankings... LOL) as high as others but the head coach wants him as bad or more than any other current player on IU’s board. 

He is the clear-cut priority. After his commitment (early September? Hopefully to IU) then things get interesting with some of the bigger name prospects and more highly rated types. 

Based on your post and seeing his name come up, I went and watched some videos of him...wow.  Nice size and nice stroke.  I am with the staff, I hope he is our third recruit.

A question I have, we get Brunk for 2 years but are we looking to add any depth behind him in 20 or 21?

49 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Great points. Welcome Anthony and the Leal family!  Really think the 2019 class laid the foundation, and 2020 will add to the culture and drive.  Brunk adds another Hoosier leader with experience,  and size.  Hard not to be excited about what those teams will look like when they are upperclassmen. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Great points. Welcome Anthony and the Leal family!  Really think the 2019 class laid the foundation, and 2020 will add to the culture and drive.  Brunk adds another Hoosier leader with experience,  and size.  Hard not to be excited about what those teams will look like when they are upperclassmen. 

Good message ...however, 2018 wasnt to shabby and that crew will get better. There are talented athletes and leaders in that class.

34 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Good message ...however, 2018 wasnt to shabby and that crew will get better. There are talented athletes and leaders in that class.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Al brings to the team.  He's one of those glue guys that can do many things well. I'm not sure he's one of your alpha leaders, but I don't think he needs to be. Looking forward to seeing how he shoots when totally healthy, and with another summer of practice. He's also my kids favorite player.

Justin I'm not sold on yet.  When he lets the game come to him, and does what the team needs,  he's a talented asset.  When he was trying to drive to the basket into traffic, trying to be Romeo, he was a huge liability.  Then there's the question of attitude, shot selection, and consistent effort. I truly hope he answers all those questions this year. The ability is there for sure.

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Don't get me wrong, I love what Al brings to the team.  He's one of those glue guys that can do many things well. I'm not sure he's one of your alpha leaders, but I don't think he needs to be. Looking forward to seeing how he shoots when totally healthy, and with another summer of practice. He's also my kids favorite player.

Justin I'm not sold on yet.  When he lets the game come to him, and does what the team needs,  he's a talented asset.  When he was trying to drive to the basket into traffic, trying to be Romeo, he was a huge liability.  Then there's the question of attitude, shot selection, and consistent effort. I truly hope he answers all those questions this year. The ability is there for sure.

Wrong class...think Romeo, Hunter, Anderson, Phinisee. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Wrong class...think Romeo, Hunter, Anderson, Phinisee. 

You sir are correct.  Needed my coffee. Off by a year on class, but assessment is the same. Rob needs to be the quarterback and leader. It all starts with him.

Now we're adding layers of foundational pieces, much like MSU has had for the last several decades. Less reliance on one or two players. Good times ahead.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You sir are correct.  Needed my coffee. Off by a year on class, but assessment is the same. Rob needs to be the quarterback and leader. It all starts with him.

Now we're adding layers of foundational pieces, much like MSU has had for the last several decades. Less reliance on one or two players. Good times ahead.

Great post ! 

Plse, Archie.  No more OAD's.  Even if they are from the great state of Indiana. 

Foundation pieces. From Indiana.  That's how to build a program.  Yes !

Archived