Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

21 minutes ago, Cutter said:

What you say is true. Jordan Hulls was a very smart kid and accepted on the spot, he truly couldn’t wait to be a Hoosier. That is what I was expecting out of Leal and hearing some things I have from living in the area. 

Didn’t Jordy also receive his offer while on a visit to IU? I believe so. That in my mind is the hold up as it will be with most recruits. Until they take a visit it’s unlikely that anyone commits. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I was a 5 star recruit with an IU offer in hand, I would absolutely choose IU.  But, I would also be one of the first 5 stars to take official visits to colleges like Florida Gulf Coast, Pepperdine, and Hawaii.  Maybe throw in Montana State as well.  

I'd be at FGCU in a heart beat. 

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Didn’t Jordy also receive his offer while on a visit to IU? I believe so. That in my mind is the hold up as it will be with most recruits. Until they take a visit it’s unlikely that anyone commits. 

Anthony has been to numerous IU games and camps but like he said he hasn’t been introduced to some of the school and support system. He is a smart young man. Lots thought he would jump on the offer and he still might if it is still available 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It is.

I'm having fun with the prevailing thought on here the past week or two criticizing not offering earlier, missing the boat on local talent, he's auto lock if we offer,etc.....seems this statement is made by a smart kid who will take visits and go through the recruiting process (as I would).

Well.  Now the ball is on Anthony's side of the court.  Time for us to shift gears.  LOL

4 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

He's never been on an actual basketball visit to see everything behind the scenes. If I was him, I wouldn't commit yet either. Give it time, it's a long summer and I'm sure he'll take an official visit once the season starts. I don't know if he's a lock for us, but I think an official visit would be huge. No inside info, just my general thoughts.

I thought that was his only statement. After the rest was posted, makes a little more sense.

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

So thats the quote from an Indiana kid who wants to be a Hoosier?

If I had an offer from Stanford....you better believe I would think long and hard about it. It might not all be about basketball..we all talk about how much weight an IU degree carries with it well Stanford is in a league of their own as far as education goes.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I had an offer from Stanford....you better believe I would think long and hard about it. It might not all be about basketball..we all talk about how much weight an IU degree carries with it well Stanford is in a league of their own as far as education goes.

Being both an IU fan and alum, I can't say I disagree with you.  A chance to play D1 ball and walk away with a FREE degree from Stanford (or hell, even Northwestern or Vanderbilt)...yeah, that's not a light decision. 

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Being both an IU fan and alum, I can't say I disagree with you.  A chance to play D1 ball and walk away with a FREE degree from Stanford (or hell, even Northwestern or Vanderbilt)...yeah, that's not a light decision. 

Kinda depends on where you want to live

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If i were interested in getting a business degree.  And IU offered to pay my way, while playing a game.... I would jump all over that offer.  Lock up a spot on the team. Making sure no one else would take my spot.  Get a degree from one of the best business schools in the nation.  And not run the risk of not having a scholarship available to me at a later date?  But that is me. I am all IU. Always have been.   When I applied to college....there was only one place I applied to.....IU !  IU accepted me.  Don't play games, Anthony.  Accent this offer. Become the best you can be... without concerning the distraction that can be, by keeping your options open. Do it. Do it NOW. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Stanford is in Palto Alto

Actually, we're both kind of right, but not entirely:

"Stanford is an unincorporated area of Santa Clara County and is adjacent to the city of Palo Alto. A popular landmark is the Dish.

Most of the Stanford University campus and other core University owned land is situated within the census-designated place of Stanford though the Stanford University Medical Center, the Stanford Shopping Center, and the Stanford Research Park are officially part of the city of Palo Alto."

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

As much as I love B-town, Santa Clara ain't a half bad place to spend 4 years either. 

Not bad at all but I mean this in all honesty. It's just different. I've been at Stanford numerous times for work and the Bay Area and it's just not a collegiate feel. I know that sounds stupid because Stanford is one of the most prestigious universities in the world....but it's not a college town feel. Bloomington has a feel that very few universities/campuses in the country can duplicate. It's what makes it so special. 

I'll echo what someone else said. If LQ says yes to us next Friday we'll find out how quickly some of these others say yes. My assumption is only 2 guards/wings from that class, right? With Davis leaving and we have to plan for the possibility that TJD leaves....we'll need to spend the other 1-2 ships on bigs, right? Or am I dead wrong on that class?

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not bad at all but I mean this in all honesty. It's just different. I've been at Stanford numerous times for work and the Bay Area and it's just not a collegiate feel. I know that sounds stupid because Stanford is one of the most prestigious universities in the world....but it's not a college town feel. Bloomington has a feel that very few universities/campuses in the country can duplicate. It's what makes it so special.

Same.  Been to Mountain View/Milpitas more than I have Palo Alto, but the overall vibe the area has is pretty much the same.  Doesn't have the same "collegiate" feel, but it kicks B-town's ass in terms of weather!

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Same.  Been to Mountain View/Milpitas more than I have Palo Alto, but the overall vibe the area has is pretty much the same.  Doesn't have the same "collegiate" feel, but it kicks B-town's ass in terms of weather!

No question there! Just different. Such a very, very small % of the area even thinks about college sports. Not a thing wrong with that...just depends on what the player wants. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

No question there! Just different. Such a very, very small % of the area even thinks about college sports. Not a thing wrong with that...just depends on what the player wants. 

Been numerous times. Kids live in Silicon Valley. Pall Alto is a beautiful city in its own right but more of an urban campus vs a college town. People do follow college to an extent but many more Giants and Niners fans for sure.

Berkley has much more of a college feel to it. More similar to Bloomington 

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Been numerous times. Kids live in Silicon Valley. Pall Alto is a beautiful city in its own right but more of an urban campus vs a college town. People do follow college to an extent but many more Giants and Niners fans for sure.

Berkley has much more of a college feel to it. More similar to Bloomington 

Well if I’m going to Stanford it’s about the education and oh yeah I get to play basketball...we all know Indiana’s selling points but Stanford...you will have doors opened for you all over the world with that degree.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll echo what someone else said. If LQ says yes to us next Friday we'll find out how quickly some of these others say yes. My assumption is only 2 guards/wings from that class, right? With Davis leaving and we have to plan for the possibility that TJD leaves....we'll need to spend the other 1-2 ships on bigs, right? Or am I dead wrong on that class?

I think TJD is a two year kid but yes he could certainly leave. Davis and Green gone after this year and Trayce, Brunk, Smith, Al gone after the following likely...if Hunter is as good as advertised possibly him too. But 2021 class will be important for front court. My ideal classes based on most likely signings is if we get Lester then we sign Morton, Leal, Loveday. Then 21 sign Furst, Landers, Kaufman, Thomas..and if there is a scholly left Brown. Probably never happen but that would be my dream scenario....well maybe not dream but realistic dream.

Archived