Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I wouldn't even know where to begin. If I attached everything that is being talked about and what staff sees, likes, doesn't like. 

I'll just leave it at this: It's an ongoing and fluid situation. 

And to his mother who I know reads this: Hi :)

Any idea on if there will be an offer?

Count me as one that wants him at IU.

2 minutes ago, BtownMom said:

Absolutely! My husband says, I should read less and he should play more. 

Welcome, mom!

Would be tickled pink to have this young man stay home and be part of the resurgence!

...and for a guide on what not to say/do on a public message board, see "treed" (Nojel Eastern's mom) on the Purdue Rivals forum...

6 minutes ago, BtownMom said:

I am sure it is difficult to read social media but remember those few don't represent the whole fan base.  It seemed like it might have influenced the Brook's family a little bit in his recruitment. I hope if you guys get an offer from IU that you don't read to much from some of the fans on social media.  Really hope your son gets an offer and comes and plays for IU.

13 minutes ago, BtownMom said:

Welcome Mom and Dad!

Congratulations on raising a son who has a special talent and more importantly, who appears to have his priorities correct in valuing his education.

Certainly a reflection on the parenting he has received thus far in life!

1 hour ago, BtownMom said:

Hello, Coach.

Sooo....  No one is going to pick this one up?  Fine, I'll do it.  

BtownMom, let's say, hypothetically, there were a storied basketball program at the local college named the Bloomington Schmoosiers, coached by Schmarchie Schmiller.  And let's take it a step further and say that Coach Schmiller offered your son a scholarship to play at the local school.  Any insight into whether or not your son would accept that scholarship in this entirely made-up scenario where any likenesses to real persons or events are entirely coincidental?

(Just kidding, welcome to the board!  I've heard numerous times that young Leal comes from a nice family.  I hope this place behaves itself.)

1 hour ago, BtownMom said:

I grew up in Bloomington and hung around kids a few grades older than your son and they all said he was an awesome guy. I went to Bloomington North for one semester before moving. Your son has a very positive reputation among people I know in Bloomington. Hope both sides feel comfortable and that we will watch him playing one day in Assembly Hall

If anyone questioned whether or not parents of players and or recruits read Hoosier Sports Nation, this thread should put any doubt to rest.

I have known  that parents do read Hoosier Sports Nation, as I have communicated with several over the past decade plus of being a part of this great forum. Having said that, as I did last week, I would like to caution any and all members when talking about a player or recruit.  Years back, I was in constant communication with the mother of an IU player. Not gonna name, names on either side. However she was unmercifully attacked by one member. Each and every time she came to share news with us....he attacked her for her religious beliefs.  So, she quit posting on the board, but thankfully continued contact with me.

Please keep that in mind when posting about a player or recruit.  We want to encourage involvement in Hoosier Sports Nation.... not drive it away.

And with that, I too want to welcome BtownMom to the board.  And as IU Scott cautioned.  Ignore the few crazies. 

Wishing only the best to you and Anthony.  It's a special time for all of you.  Enjoy it.  And do not allow it to become a burden. 

Welcome BtownMom!

I watched some highlights of Anthony a few months back and there is a lot to like about his game...

Nice form on his shot

Comfortable dribbling and shooting with his off hand

Goes to the rim well and plays through contact

Reminds me of Kyle Guy, but looks more athletic 

I certainly hope to see him in candy stripes!

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

If anyone questioned whether or not parents of players and or recruits read Hoosier Sports Nation, this thread should put any doubt to rest.

I have known  that parents do read Hoosier Sports Nation, as I have communicated with several over the past decade plus of being a part of this great forum. Having said that, as I did last week, I would like to caution any and all members when talking about a player or recruit.  Years back, I was in constant communication with the mother of an IU player. Not gonna name, names on either side. However she was unmercifully attacked by one member. Each and every time she came to share news with us....he attacked her for her religious beliefs.  So, she quit posting on the board, but thankfully continued contact with me.

Please keep that in mind when posting about a player or recruit.  We want to encourage involvement in Hoosier Sports Nation.... not drive it away.

And with that, I too want to welcome BtownMom to the board.  And as IU Scott cautioned.  Ignore the few crazies. 

Wishing only the best to you and Anthony.  It's a special time for all of you.  Enjoy it.  And do not allow it to become a burden. 

I was told that FCTC always posted on another site,so its not always parents or recruits that could be reading or posting

36 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agreed. Wish people would apply that to some current players that have been getting grief for what their parents say on their private twitter account. We have a lot of passionate fans here....sometimes they take the meaning of the word fan (fanatic) a little too literal. If I'm being critical I try to keep it specific to certain plays or decisions on the court and not to take a personal shot at any of the players...but if I do I hope everyone here would keep me in line...I think we can all do a better job holding each other accountable to what we say about these young men. I'm excited to see how Anthony's summer goes. If Ms. Leal has any inside info about what he is working on or focusing on we would love to hear about it. He seems like a very smart, talented young man and while I think we all hope he ends up here at IU if he goes another route I'm sure he will do fabulously! Good luck to Anthony!

45 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Wishing only the beast to you and Anthony.  It's a special time for all of you.  Enjoy it.  And do not allow it to become a burden. 

When is the last time a recruits parent posted on a board like this and we actually knew who it was? Has a recruit ever posted on the board?

11 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I think the average fan would be surprised by who lurks at certain places. 

As for this specific person... you’re welcome 😇

I know for a fact that IU compliance checks social media sites.  So it would not surprise me in the least that they guest IU fan boards such as Hoosier Sport Nation.

Archived