Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Why do you say that? I feel like both could be a major upside for us and then add a guard like Morton or Saunders with that and then maybe a big or wait for Furst in 2021

Admittedly, It's my own personal perspective.  But, we already have Damezi at that position as well.  And, I'm just not a big proponent in offering two players that play the same position a scholly in the same class.  That said, it will probably work out perfectly and I'll be wrong, like usual.  

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Admittedly, It's my own personal perspective.  But, we already have Damezi at that position as well.  And, I'm just not a big proponent in offering two players that play the same position a scholly in the same class.  That said, it will probably work out perfectly and I'll be wrong, like usual.  

Unless Damezi gets passed up by Franklin this year and transfers out. Leal and Galloway can both play the 2 and 3. Not saying we get both. As of now I think it’s possible. We land Quinones and I think we only take one. 

Kid just got offered from his hometown team, is more than likely jumping for joy with excitement behind closed doors as are momma and dad. He will enjoy the process of being recruited. Maybe other biggger name schools that’s right in line with IU come along now that IU has offered who knows. My gut says he will be wearing Candy Stripes(no inside info) 

Go IU! 🔴🔴

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

So thats the quote from an Indiana kid who wants to be a Hoosier?

He's never been on an actual basketball visit to see everything behind the scenes. If I was him, I wouldn't commit yet either. Give it time, it's a long summer and I'm sure he'll take an official visit once the season starts. I don't know if he's a lock for us, but I think an official visit would be huge. No inside info, just my general thoughts.

7 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Anthony is being smart.  It would be nice if more players had this good of a decision-making process.  I would bet a lot that Archie encouraged him to work this process, too. 

More info, from Jon Blau's Twitter:

Jon Blau twitter.jpg

Oh this is going to be fun for message board talk. So the kid who was auto lock if Archie ever got around to offering him is now in zero rush and wants to schedule visits? Hahahaha....oh all the angles of this.

Note to any recruit. Only so many scholarships available. Take that as you will. Go Hoosiers!

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Oh this is going to be fun for message board talk. So the kid who was auto lock if Archie ever got around to offering him is now in zero rush and wants to schedule visits? Hahahaha....oh all the angles of this.

Note to any recruit. Only so many scholarships available. Take that as you will. Go Hoosiers!

Yep very surprised to read this statement, I guess disappointed would be more accurate 

6 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Yep very surprised to read this statement, I guess disappointed would be more accurate 

No problem whatsoever about kid/family taking their time, scheduling visits, meeting professors,etc......I would do exactly the same. Understand though there are risks with that.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I think you guys are reading too much into what he said.  Read it again.  I don't see anything surprising or disappointing about his comments.  In fact, I think it's a well-thought out and mature statement.

It is.

I'm having fun with the prevailing thought on here the past week or two criticizing not offering earlier, missing the boat on local talent, he's auto lock if we offer,etc.....seems this statement is made by a smart kid who will take visits and go through the recruiting process (as I would).

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It is.

I'm having fun with the prevailing thought on here the past week or two criticizing not offering earlier, missing the boat on local talent, he's auto lock if we offer,etc.....seems this statement is made by a smart kid who will take visits and go through the recruiting process (as I would).

What you say is true. Jordan Hulls was a very smart kid and accepted on the spot, he truly couldn’t wait to be a Hoosier. That is what I was expecting out of Leal and hearing some things I have from living in the area. 

1 minute ago, Cutter said:

What you say is true. Jordan Hulls was a very smart kid and accepted on the spot, he truly couldn’t wait to be a Hoosier. That is what I was expecting out of Leal and hearing some things I have from living in the area. 

Hope so! I'd probably be the worst recruit in the world. Even if I was conceived and born on the I at Assembly Hall I'd still take my visits. Maybe I would move my timeline along if one is where I truly wanted to go but I'd take all of them. Free travel, exposure to schools or campuses and you just never know who you might meet. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so! I'd probably be the worst recruit in the world. Even if I was conceived and born on the I at Assembly Hall I'd still take my visits. Maybe I would move my timeline along if one is where I truly wanted to go but I'd take all of them. Free travel, exposure to schools or campuses and you just never know who you might meet. 

Lol yeah it would be fun but if I would have had that kind of talent I would commit to the Hoosiers on the spot. That’s just me with my funny looking crimson glasses on

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

If I was a 5 star recruit with an IU offer in hand, I would absolutely choose IU.  But, I would also be one of the first 5 stars to take official visits to colleges like Florida Gulf Coast, Pepperdine, and Hawaii.  Maybe throw in Montana State as well.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I was a 5 star recruit with an IU offer in hand, I would absolutely choose IU.  But, I would also be one of the first 5 stars to take official visits to colleges like Florida Gulf Coast, Pepperdine, and Hawaii.  Maybe throw in Montana State as well.  

Miami, UCLA, Stanford....maybe a couple schools in the South for big fall football games. 

Just now, Cutter said:

Would you take those visits if there was a chance someone would take your scholarship to IU?

Nope. That's why I said my timeline would move up in an earlier post. We've had 1-2 examples of that scenario playing out in the last recruiting class. Henry, Newman,etc...

Archived