Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

38 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Fantastic area and campus.  You can take the school boat for a spin right next to your dorms:

DBDFCA9D-A321-41D2-A15C-64A2E3C3A7FF.jpeg

Axis...not a half bad rig.  Newer models even have the GM-derived 6L V8. *insert Tim Allen grunt here*

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I have some connections to that conference and let’s just say the coach at fgcu left at the right time before he was fired for “illegal things”

This is his wife.  I could deal with getting fired if she waiting for me to get home.

image.jpeg.7b85ae42d35c72f58bc85628b3584980.jpeg

23 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would prefer FGCU in January over lake Monroe in January

Oh no doubt about that. Though not a fair comparison, IMHO..  I love Lake Monroe.

For comparison, here is what I have got, within walking distance of my home :

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Cherry Creek

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Water Activities

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oh no doubt about that. Though not a fair comparison, IMHO..  I love Lake Monroe.

For comparison, here is what I have got, within walking distance of my home :

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Cherry Creek

Colorado Parks & Wildlife - Water Activities

Colorado is beautiful.  I am in the same boat here in Montana.

https://www.visitbitterrootvalley.com/location/lake-como/

I love Indiana as it is where I was born and raised and I still consider it home.  But, it would be hard for me to leave the Mountains and Montana now that I have been here and gotten spoiled to the beauty and recreational activities available that I just couldn't do living in the midwest..  

49 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Colorado is beautiful.  I am in the same boat here in Montana.

https://www.visitbitterrootvalley.com/location/lake-como/

I love Indiana as it is where I was born and raised and I still consider it home.  But, it would be hard for me to leave the Mountains and Montana now that I have been here and gotten spoiled to the beauty and recreational activities available that I just couldn't do living in the midwest..  

Oh...I hear ya. Montana, and Idaho as well....are beautiful... Yet I still long for walks in Brown County State Park... in the Fall.

Brown County State Park

Hey look, Rico.... they have a morel  festival scheduled for May 4.  I realize it may be a bit of a drive for you.  But a morel festival.... how good is that ?

Morel Mushroom Festival/ Mushrooms and Mash, Brown County State Park - 5/4/2019 - State of Indiana

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Oh...I hear ya. Montana, and Idaho as well....are beautiful... Yet I still long for walks in Brown County State Park... in the Fall.

Brown County State Park

Hey look, Rico.... they have a morel  festival scheduled for May 4.  I realize it may be a bit of a drive for you.  But a morel festival.... how good is that ?

Morel Mushroom Festival/ Mushrooms and Mash, Brown County State Park - 5/4/2019 - State of Indiana

My brother brought home a very nice group of 18 morels last Saturday from Versailles State Park.  Very tasty fried up in butter.

sp-versailles-banner.jpg

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

My brother brought home a very nice group of 18 morels last Saturday from Versailles State Park.  Very tasty fried up in butter.

My mouth is watering.... Morel season is coming to a close. Fantastic.   Consider yourself lucky. As the season for morels is coming to a  close.    Check out the thread in "The Animal House ( our off topic forum ) about morels, started by Rico,  if you haven't already..  Gotta say... we have a great off topic forum for the off season. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Read that Anthony had an in home visit from Northwestern yesterday. 

Academically NU >IU but can't imagine wanting to play up in even the newly renovated Welsh Ryan as compared to SSAH.

Stanford and Northwestern can be very intriguing options for Leal. Top quality education and diploma from a prestigious private university...if I were him, I would pick one of the two. Maybe Stanford because of weather. 

Archived