Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jimmygoiu said:

ALeal reminds me a bit of N Reed back in the day.  Any opinions for those that have watched him?

He seems a little bigger and a little slower than Reed from what I've seen (granted it's only been from video highlights). He seems to be a very sound player but he didn't have elite athleticism. I know he is a local kid and just down the street but I think we will be in on some better players than him next year. He certainly wouldn't be any worse than some of those we've had at the end of the bench but I think it's going to take him a lot more work and a few years before he could contribute much for us. Just not sure at the B1G level he would be that much of a difference maker. Clearly a kid that can shoot and pass and handle the ball but I would think he would get more playing time and opportunities at mid major or maybe at Butler. Surprised he shot up so high so quickly honestly.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Cannot agree more.  I know it goes against what most people think but if we get the class i expect us to i feel there is a very very good chance Romeo comes back

I’ve said the same thing. I don’t think it’s far fetched that Romeo stays two years. I really don’t

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said the same thing. I don’t think it’s far fetched that Romeo stays two years. I really don’t

I think the chance is far better than people think. Winning a championship is very important to him. Why to IU then? Obviously not a sure thing but 50/50 maybe not too far off

Archived