Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Top 15 players start outside of places like UK and maybe Duke

Is he really that good?  I honestly wasn't all impressed with his highlight videos.  There's also a guy on the Rivals site who lives in FW and claims to have seen him in person a number of times say that if there aren't at least 40 guys better than him in his class this is probably one of the weakest HS classes ever.

34 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is he really that good?  I honestly wasn't all impressed with his highlight videos.  There's also a guy on the Rivals site who lives in FW and claims to have seen him in person a number of times say that if there aren't at least 40 guys better than him in his class this is probably one of the weakest HS classes ever.

There are not 20 guys better.

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's not top 20 in any of the rankings.  I know he's good and we'd be blessed to land him.  But do you think he'll be better as a freshman than Hunter will be as a sophomore?

247 Sports has him at #12 overall. He's #21 composite.

So you've never seen him play? I saw him last year play for his high school team, and again at EYBL in April. He dominated EYBL, probably one of the best 5 players. He really controlled the floor, looked to involve others, and was just opportunistic to get his own points. He did look faaaar better than with his HS team. I've wondered elsewhere if part of his transfer to LaLu was so he could move to his more natural position of wing, instead of being the de facto PF.

Will he be better than Hunter as a sophomore? Probably not. But Archie seems to want one primary ball handler, and then 4 rangy, multi-skilled combo forwards. He sells all of these guys that they'll have the opportunity to do some playmaking. Keion is good. I think in the right situation he'll do well. 

10 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He'll be a top 5 pick after the season IMO.  How many of those guys have come back in recent memory?  I'm just playing the odds.  I'd say 95% he's gone.

For most guys what you are saying is 100 percent accurate. As we have seen Romeo is not like everyone else. He very well could and probably is a 1 and done but there are a lot of reasons why he might come back. Things to consider that may or may not be factors.

Romeo will get a degree at some point. He comes from a great supportive family that is not in financial hardship. Life after the NBA is very important. Winning a championship may be the 1 that really helps us keep him. Not winning another state title might help us. The young man wants to win titles.  He is very very active in recruiting the class behind him. Do not dismiss the fact that so many 5 star players are still in play. There is a lot going on behind rhe scenes and Romeo is a big part of that. How would the idea of playing with Romeo, TJD, KB,Justin Smith? Jerome Hunter DG and RP sound to a Matthew Hurt or Isaiah Stewart?  

Is the smart money on Romeo being a 1 qnd done yes, but this is 1 underdog that i personally would put some money on 

12 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have seen Brooks twice on TV and did not come away that impressed with his game but it was only two games. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have seen Brooks twice on TV and did not come away that impressed with his game but it was only two games. 

I’m guessing you watched the same ones I did at the end of his AAU season.  He definitely didn’t look good, but was also playing through a knee injury.

Archived