Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this kid is a lock for us...that said we may only have two scholly's for 2020 unless someone leaves early (I hope not because I think we could have a special team in the coming years). I think we seem to be prioritizing Morton. Would we take another guard from that class?? Just wondering because that might be the reason for waiting if we get an early commitment from Morton.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So this kid is a lock for us...that said we may only have two scholly's for 2020 unless someone leaves early (I hope not because I think we could have a special team in the coming years). I think we seem to be prioritizing Morton. Would we take another guard from that class?? Just wondering because that might be the reason for waiting if we get an early commitment from Morton.

A lock for IU(gut feeling or sources)?  How confident are we with him choosing IU even though we have yet to offer?

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Have not seen Morton play but from what I have read I would take Morton first in this class.

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

A lock for IU(gut feeling or sources)?  How confident are we with him choosing IU even though we have yet to offer?

All speculation, but he seems to like IU pretty well...visits regularly, etc.

Unless someone heard it from Leal's mouth that he would accept an offer, I'd treat it all as speculation.

EDIT:  Coach Robbie's post sounds like some strong speculation.  I should have clarified that this is all my opinion.  He may be closer and know a lot more than most of us.

42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

All speculation, but he seems to like IU pretty well...visits regularly, etc.

Unless someone heard it from Leal's mouth that he would accept an offer, I'd treat it all as speculation.

EDIT:  Coach Robbie's post sounds like some strong speculation.  I should have clarified that this is all my opinion.  He may be closer and know a lot more than most of us.

My apologies gents...I just truly believe he’s ours if we offer, and I think we will. A strong opinion, but not guaranteeing it. Sorry if I misspoke, I can see how my post may have been read. Just confident we’re gonna have the Pickens in Indiana for a while!

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He is the one that lives in Bloomington and followed IU for his whole life going to the games and getting autographs....kid is dying to go here and would sign immediately...which is why we probably won't offer until we know he wouldn't take away from a better recruit ....ala Morton.

27 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

He is every bit of 6-5.  His family works for IU.  They are all Hoosiers.  If we offer (I believe we will) it would be a stunner if he didn't come to IU.

If his family works for IU they might be able to get his school paid for.   At some college employee kids can go to school for free but I don't know if IU does that.

5 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

IU is in Caleb Love’s ear a lot and with good reason.  Kid is an absolute stud.

See and that is what I was wondering....we may want Love and Morton and not have room for Leal....that would be a tragedy but we only have two scholarships to work with. It happens. I'm ok losing out on Love...but only if we know Landers is a lock. Morton I really really really want. 4 year kid that would elevate everyone's game....hard nosed...kinda kid that killed us playing at Wisky the last 10 years. High basketball IQ...and play multiple positions. If we land him plus lock up the state....wow...Archie is hitting a home run then.

Just now, dgambill said:

See and that is what I was wondering....we may want Love and Morton and not have room for Leal....that would be a tragedy but we only have two scholarships to work with. It happens. I'm ok losing out on Love...but only if we know Landers is a lock. Morton I really really really want. 4 year kid that would elevate everyone's game....hard nosed...kinda kid that killed us playing at Wisky the last 10 years. High basketball IQ...and play multiple positions. If we land him plus lock up the state....wow...Archie is hitting a home run then.

That is exactly kind of player IU needs because we don't seem to have a kid who hates to lose.  I want a player like a Fife who will do whatever it takes to win and will get in his teammates face if they don't play hard.

3 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I say take morton and leal. I read an interview with caleb love and he stated UNC was his dream school. My 2 cents not worth much just an opinion

PG at UNC....that is the elite of the elite. Given Williams get's his point guards to play 4 years and typically go pro...you have to be very special type to play there....and he may be that kid...but given we only have 1 traditional point guard on the roster...he would have a great opportunity to come here. But it also comes down to do we take Morton and then look for a big?? What I wouldn't give for a decent 7'0....maybe Archie needs to go to Germany or something but we could use one. I hate every elite B1G team having 3 inches on us at center every year.

Archived