Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

milehiiu

Anthony Leal

9 minutes ago, SanDiegoIU said:

ADC0F90C-2B9D-4E17-92D0-17090A9D3043.thumb.jpeg.b9f87c327747ceee70115f481b781b10.jpeg

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation, SDIU !  Nice to have a "left coaster" on board.  San DIego is a pretty neat place. 

1 hour ago, jimmygoiu said:

ALeal reminds me a bit of N Reed back in the day.  Any opinions for those that have watched him?

He seems a little bigger and a little slower than Reed from what I've seen (granted it's only been from video highlights). He seems to be a very sound player but he didn't have elite athleticism. I know he is a local kid and just down the street but I think we will be in on some better players than him next year. He certainly wouldn't be any worse than some of those we've had at the end of the bench but I think it's going to take him a lot more work and a few years before he could contribute much for us. Just not sure at the B1G level he would be that much of a difference maker. Clearly a kid that can shoot and pass and handle the ball but I would think he would get more playing time and opportunities at mid major or maybe at Butler. Surprised he shot up so high so quickly honestly.

• Like 2

I'm take Indiana Mr. Basketballs all day long.  My first reaction is, IU finds a spot for him.

Edited by FKIM01
typo

24 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'mm take Indiana Mr. Basketballs all day long.  My first reaction is, IU finds a spot for him.

For me this is the bright side about missing on Ramsey. Take a grad transfer guard in 2019 then give the spot to Leal 

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

For me this is the bright side about missing on Ramsey. Take a grad transfer guard in 2019 then give the spot to Leal 

Are you hearing grad transfer? I am getting morw buzz on Morton to potentially round out the class 

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Are you hearing grad transfer? I am getting morw buzz on Morton to potentially round out the class 

Know anything on Matthew Hurt? I’m still of the mindset that he doesn’t go to IU

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Know anything on Matthew Hurt? I’m still of the mindset that he doesn’t go to IU

Not a bit. Sorry. I would assume we are a very long sbot but we are still in the game.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not a bit. Sorry. I would assume we are a very long sbot but we are still in the game.

The fact that he’s wanting to visit for an actual basketball game gives IU a better chance

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

The fact that he’s wanting to visit for an actual basketball game gives IU a better chance

Cannot agree more.  I know it goes against what most people think but if we get the class i expect us to i feel there is a very very good chance Romeo comes back

Cannot agree more.  I know it goes against what most people think but if we get the class i expect us to i feel there is a very very good chance Romeo comes back

I’ve said the same thing. I don’t think it’s far fetched that Romeo stays two years. I really don’t

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said the same thing. I don’t think it’s far fetched that Romeo stays two years. I really don’t

I think the chance is far better than people think. Winning a championship is very important to him. Why to IU then? Obviously not a sure thing but 50/50 maybe not too far off

I think the chance is far better than people think. Winning a championship is very important to him. Why to IU then? Obviously not a sure thing but 50/50 maybe not too far off

If Romeo stays, IU would be one of the favorites for the 2019/2020 season

10 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

For sure. Thats a top 5 team with no doubt. Not everyones goal is to get to NBA as quickly as possible 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

You are a tricky one my friend.   BTW did you find a home for your sign?

Still in my office.  Haven't settled on a permanent home but it looks good where it is.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If he stays then who goes for us to get a 4 man class this year or even a 3 man class