Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

milehiiu

Anthony Leal

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Indiana will push hard for both. Beilein isn't one to hit the road but he went to watch Morton the other day in-person. 

Definitely an uphill fight for both. We shall see what transpires. 

After Indiana's game with Jacksonville on December 22, they have a lot of time off before the Illinois game on January 3. That break, while beneficial for IU's health concerns, also affords the staff a chance to hit up a lot of the holiday tournaments. 

Should be very, very telling who they go and see over this time. 

Do you think the staff is interested in landing multiple guards for that class?

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

As always thanks for the info.  I guess we can still expect a 4 man class for 2019.

I don't.  I think the staff is keeping their options open just in case, but I haven't heard anything definite leaning toward a 4-man class.  I've heard three and maybe four.

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Indiana will push hard for both. Beilein isn't one to hit the road but he went to watch Morton the other day in-person. 

Definitely an uphill fight for both. We shall see what transpires. 

After Indiana's game with Jacksonville on December 22, they have a lot of time off before the Illinois game on January 3. That break, while beneficial for IU's health concerns, also affords the staff a chance to hit up a lot of the holiday tournaments. 

Should be very, very telling who they go and see over this time. 

Uphill fight,i thought we were in good shape for Morton??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Do you think the staff is interested in landing multiple guards for that class?

I was told Indiana is looking to bring in two guards in 2020. The preference is a combo guard and a SG. Although, these terms are a bit archaic... They are looking to bring in two players who are perimeter-oriented. 

25 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Uphill fight,i thought we were in good shape for Morton??

I think Michigan has a lead here, hence my term "uphill". I don't think the player can go wrong going to either Michigan or Indiana. 

• Thanks 4

16 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

His game has a lot of Bulldog in it. They could have used him last night. I was disappointed in their play..like they played their best game of the season against us...hitting everything the threw up...now they look very beatable.

I'd be a little surprised if he doesn't get an offer, assuming he develops as expected.  I kind of like being later as long as a recruit doesn't panic.

• Like 2

The kid might be able to shoot, but he’s 6’2”.  He’s going to have to handle the ball against athletic D1 kids and be able to guard them.  If CAM thinks he can do that, I’m sure he’ll offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

The kid might be able to shoot, but he’s 6’2”.  He’s going to have to handle the ball against athletic D1 kids and be able to guard them.  If CAM thinks he can do that, I’m sure he’ll offer.

He’s 6’4-6’5...we will offer, and he will come

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So this kid is a lock for us...that said we may only have two scholly's for 2020 unless someone leaves early (I hope not because I think we could have a special team in the coming years). I think we seem to be prioritizing Morton. Would we take another guard from that class?? Just wondering because that might be the reason for waiting if we get an early commitment from Morton.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So this kid is a lock for us...that said we may only have two scholly's for 2020 unless someone leaves early (I hope not because I think we could have a special team in the coming years). I think we seem to be prioritizing Morton. Would we take another guard from that class?? Just wondering because that might be the reason for waiting if we get an early commitment from Morton.

A lock for IU(gut feeling or sources)?  How confident are we with him choosing IU even though we have yet to offer?

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Have not seen Morton play but from what I have read I would take Morton first in this class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

A lock for IU(gut feeling or sources)?  How confident are we with him choosing IU even though we have yet to offer?

All speculation, but he seems to like IU pretty well...visits regularly, etc.

Unless someone heard it from Leal's mouth that he would accept an offer, I'd treat it all as speculation.

EDIT:  Coach Robbie's post sounds like some strong speculation.  I should have clarified that this is all my opinion.  He may be closer and know a lot more than most of us.

Edited by FKIM01

42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

All speculation, but he seems to like IU pretty well...visits regularly, etc.

Unless someone heard it from Leal's mouth that he would accept an offer, I'd treat it all as speculation.

EDIT:  Coach Robbie's post sounds like some strong speculation.  I should have clarified that this is all my opinion.  He may be closer and know a lot more than most of us.

My apologies gents...I just truly believe he’s ours if we offer, and I think we will. A strong opinion, but not guaranteeing it. Sorry if I misspoke, I can see how my post may have been read. Just confident we’re gonna have the Pickens in Indiana for a while!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

He’s 6’4-6’5...we will offer, and he will come

He is every bit of 6-5.  His family works for IU.  They are all Hoosiers.  If we offer (I believe we will) it would be a stunner if he didn't come to IU.

Edited by The Daily Hoosier

I am kinda of disappointed we haven't already offered especially after reading what daily hoosier just said the whole family is IU. The kid is obviously got some talent and being from Bloomington goes a long way. Just my opinion 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Have not seen Morton play but from what I have read I would take Morton first in this class.

IU is in Caleb Love’s ear a lot and with good reason.  Kid is an absolute stud.

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He is the one that lives in Bloomington and followed IU for his whole life going to the games and getting autographs....kid is dying to go here and would sign immediately...which is why we probably won't offer until we know he wouldn't take away from a better recruit ....ala Morton.

27 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

He is every bit of 6-5.  His family works for IU.  They are all Hoosiers.  If we offer (I believe we will) it would be a stunner if he didn't come to IU.

If his family works for IU they might be able to get his school paid for.   At some college employee kids can go to school for free but I don't know if IU does that.