I cut the cable. Now I need help.

28 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

They are so expensive. Perhaps they have decreased their fees?  I do miss their user interface. It is far superior than any of the streaming options. 

Just wondering, have you tried youtube tv? Hulu's interface drives me mad, but I love the interface on youtube tv because you can customize the order of your guide. When it comes down to it I maybe only watch 20 channels (and that's being generous)...and I have those 20 channels listed first. Add to it that you can what you are fast forwarding through, so you can stop exactly where you want....makes recorded basketball games a breeze to watch quickly. 

33 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

They are so expensive. Perhaps they have decreased their fees?  I do miss their user interface. It is far superior than any of the streaming options. 

I can get a package with AT&T cheaper than my current internet provider.

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Just wondering, have you tried youtube tv? Hulu's interface drives me mad, but I love the interface on youtube tv because you can customize the order of your guide. When it comes down to it I maybe only watch 20 channels (and that's being generous)...and I have those 20 channels listed first. Add to it that you can what you are fast forwarding through, so you can stop exactly where you want....makes recorded basketball games a breeze to watch quickly. 

I actually use YouTube TV myself. It's probably the best UI of the streaming services. But still, DTV had it on point. Just my opinion. 

I agree, I do love the customizable option for channel ordering. That's a wonderful feature. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I can get a package with AT&T cheaper than my current internet provider.

Brings me to my next point. DTV used to have hands down the best customer service. It was the Chick-fil-A of TV service. When they merged with AT&T, the service went to sh!$.  Hopefully they've turned it around. It's been nice saving $100/month after dropping DTV though. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Brings me to my next point. DTV used to have hands down the best customer service. It was the Chick-fil-A of TV service. When they merged with AT&T, the service went to sh!$.  

I still have Direct TV.  Too many channels that my wife likes that are hard to find through streaming.  And, i like getting the local channels as well.  I will, agree with you about their customer service.  It's incredible how much that has suffered since the merger with AT&T.

Without sports, I personally get very little value whatsoever out of Direct TV.   The family streams Netflix and Amazon Prime as well.   I could probably cobble together a package of streaming resources that would be cheaper and meet my needs, but the wife would not be happy.  

Edited by 5fouls

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I still have Direct TV.  Too many channels that my wife likes that are hard to find through streaming.  And, i like getting the local channels as well.  I will, agree with you about their customer service.  It's incredible how much that has suffered since the merger with AT&T.

Without sports, I personally get very little value whatsoever out of Direct TV.   The family streams Netflix and Amazon Prime as well.   I could probably cobble together a package of streaming resources that would be cheaper and meet my needs, but the wife would not be happy.  

Sorry, I was referencing DTVs satellite interface. I can't speak on their streaming interface. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, 5fouls said:

I get all my locals through YouTube TV and together with Philo $20 monthly), the wife and I get everything we had with Dish's 250 package.  

The problem with that is YouTube TV just went from $50 to $65 a month...BOOOOOOOO.  Seems really odd timing...very little live sports and high unemployment...now you raise prices?!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I get all my locals through YouTube TV and together with Philo $20 monthly), the wife and I get everything we had with Dish's 250 package.  

The problem with that is YouTube TV just went from $50 to $65 a month...BOOOOOOOO.  Seems really odd timing...very little live sports and high unemployment...now you raise prices?!!

Horrible timing and glad someone else noticed/posted. YouTubeTV is becoming the very reason people terminated their cable contracts. 

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah it's getting to the point where you might as well just stick with cable.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.  Many people are going to be home for the foreseeable future and TV is essential to them.

giphy (1).gif

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah it's getting to the point where you might as well just stick with cable.

Not even sure if it's affordable or what the margins are but if I'm Hulu (Walt Disney) I'm advertising our Hulu plus Live package is $54.99....or take it one step further and say during these tough times we are reducing our monthly package to $40 or so just to gain market share and loyalty.

• Like 1

At least they're adding 8 channels I don't watch. 

1 hour ago, mjeze106 said:

The only reason I'm sticking with Youtube TV is because it's so easy to share with others. I'm currently splitting the cost with two other families. That's not possible with cable.

*looks around to see if Mr. Youtube TV is listening*

This is what we do with Hulu Live.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Toying with Swapping YouTube TV to Hulu live.  YouTube lost Fox Sports Midwest and is $10 higher.  Pros & cons?  I know the DVR is smaller unless you pay extra, but I can live with that.  Two screens are not a problem either.

I have had both and prefer Hulu Live.  We share with another family so it cuts the price in half.  The wife prefers YTTV because it has the Oprah channel where as HL does not.