I cut the cable. Now I need help.

6 minutes ago, BDB said:

I have had both and prefer Hulu Live.  We share with another family so it cuts the price in half.  The wife prefers YTTV because it has the Oprah channel where as HL does not.  

Well Oprah won't bother me any. We also carry Philo for the girly stuff...Hallmark etc.  I wanted Philo for the History channel but I see that's already on Hulu.  Navigation will take a little time and the cloud is definitely more limited but so far, I'll probably keep it and drop YouTube.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Well Oprah won't bother me any. We also carry Philo for the girly stuff...Hallmark etc.  I wanted Philo for the History channel but I see that's already on Hulu.  Navigation will take a little time and the cloud is definitely more limited but so far, I'll probably keep it and drop YouTube.

Hulu continues to change their format.  Latest change was a couple of days back. Took some time for me to get used to.  Yet... I am a Hulu Live TV fan.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

My son set me up on his Hulu Live account....

Are you living in the same house or next door?  I just ran into a road block as Hulu will not net me use the account at home and the office.  Looks like I will be going back to YouTube TV.

28 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Are you living in the same house or next door?  I just ran into a road block as Hulu will not net me use the account at home and the office.  Looks like I will be going back to YouTube TV.

Pay an extra $10 bucks to get all devices.  Mrs. mile uses her smart phone while waiting in the doctors office.  And my son uses his smart phone to watch Hulu Live TV, when visiting friends in Southern Colorado. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Pay an extra $10 bucks to get all devices.  Mrs. mile uses her smart phone while waiting in the doctors office.  And my son uses his smart phone to watch Hulu Live TV, when visiting friends in Southern Colorado. 

Where I'm running into problems is trying to watch on TVs at home and at the office.  Phones and tablets, sure, but not TVs in two different locations.  That's where I'm hitting a wall.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Where I'm running into problems is trying to watch on TVs at home and at the office.  Phones and tablets, sure, but not TVs in two different locations.  That's where I'm hitting a wall.

Maybe check with your internet provider.  Only a suggestion. As in my case I have multiple tv's in house. All of which I can get Hulu Live Tv on.  And yes.  I understand the frustration at times.  One other suggestion.  Call Hulu.  I have not had a reason to call them lately.  But when I did... their  reps were extremely helpful. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

My son has Hulu and he set me up at my house but I can't get live TV but can watch other things on Hulu

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My son has Hulu and he set me up at my house but I can't get live TV but can watch other things on Hulu

That seems to be the issue...the live stuff has to be on TVs in the same household, or at least very close in proximity, or they can only be seen on tablets or mobile phones away from home.  I'd rather live with YouTube's thee concurrent streams.  That works better with what I need, but it sucks that the price went up and Fox Sports Midwest went bye bye.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Hulu requires you to have a static ISP connection. I only have mobile access and learned the hard way when they cut off my mobile access since I had not connected through an established landline in over a month! My work around is to borrow a WIFI service at least once a month to connect to Hulu! I would imagine if your office ISP is different from your home ISP Hulu will block you! Trust me I was not able to get them to make an exception! Tethering at work should work but most people don’t have unlimited tethering and high speed data!
Sorry!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally hooked up with Roku and am streaming my Charter Cable on it. Getting rid of the cable boxes and my land line will save me about 40 bucks per month and eliminate all of those darn robo calls. I am now streaming my charter cable through roku. 

I am new to streaming so as time goes I would like to eventually get rid of the cable. Hopefully I can find something that provides the channels I currently have but at a cheaper price. 

44 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I finally hooked up with Roku and am streaming my Charter Cable on it. Getting rid of the cable boxes and my land line will save me about 40 bucks per month and eliminate all of those darn robo calls. I am now streaming my charter cable through roku. 

I am new to streaming so as time goes I would like to eventually get rid of the cable. Hopefully I can find something that provides the channels I currently have but at a cheaper price. 

Congrats. To perhaps you.  And others following this thread.  The highest power wifi connection, depending upon cost is what I recommend for the best Roku streaming results.

In terms of Cable.  Used to have five boxes.  Now down to two. Mrs. mile struggles at times streaming Roku.  But she is getting better. Actually she is following Netflex often on Roku. Someday, would like to be  down to just one cable box.  Like to keep at least one cable box, in that there are things still on cable, I can't get on Roku.  Overall, love my experience with Roku.  I have over 100 channels, including Indiana high school basketball.... something I can't get on cable. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Congrats. To perhaps you.  And others following this thread.  The highest power wifi connection, depending upon cost is what I recommend for the best Roku streaming results.

In terms of Cable.  Used to have five boxes.  Now down to two. Mrs. mile struggles at times streaming Roku.  But she is getting better. Actually she is following Netflex often on Roku. Someday, would like to be  down to just one cable box.  Like to keep at least one cable box, in that there are things still on cable, I can't get on Roku.  Overall, love my experience with Roku.  I have over 100 channels, including Indiana high school basketball.... something I can't get on cable. 

I would love to get Indiana high school ball.  Would you mind telling me how you get it?

Thanks my friend.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

A new player in the market, looks like it may have some growing pains but knowing the company I believe they could become a serious player!

https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision?cmpid=MGPO_EM_C_20TVISION_P9T80LBAJKKD4K19B60475

Thanks for the information.. and for sharing.  Love the fact that there is no contract.  Finally some companies are getting it.

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I hate to admit it but we spend 240 a month on our xfinity bill for cable and internet.  With this streaming stuff I have been afraid to get rid of our cable but really need to cut that expense.  Is there a place for a dummy like me to feel like they understand it and make a good decision.  Thanks 

Tons of cord cutter info for years on You Tube.

Here's just the last video :

Cord Cutting Weekly: Roku OS 9.4 Hands-On, HBO Max Preview, New Tablo Gear & More 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Drroogh said:

With HuluLive announcing a $10 price increase and since I’m a T Mobile customer I am now seriously considering TVision! Decisions, Decisions!

Trust me. I got that email yesterday and had to laugh. Hulu Live and YouTube TV have almost priced themselves higher than cable was when I cut the cord 7 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I got that email yesterday and had to laugh. Hulu Live and YouTube TV have almost priced themselves higher than cable was when I cut the cord 7 years ago. 

I actually went back to Cable. I was paying for no ads on Hulu but seemed like no matter what peeps around here was watching, there was multiple adds continuously. I don’t watch tv much but my family did not like the Hulu experience at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

I actually went back to Cable. I was paying for no ads on Hulu but seemed like no matter what peeps around here was watching, there was multiple adds continuously. I don’t watch tv much but my family did not like the Hulu experience at all.

I bought it for Marquis Network and have extended it until December 6th for IU games not on regular free tv. After that...I'm going to get creative again because I refuse to pay $64.99 for essentially 2-3 games per month.