I cut the cable. Now I need help.

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I bought it for Marquis Network and have extended it until December 6th for IU games not on regular free tv. After that...I'm going to get creative again because I refuse to pay $64.99 for essentially 2-3 games per month.

The new cable plan I have is 1 gig internet and preferred TV package with phone for $160. I was paying $70 for Hulu plus $120 for the gig internet. Two year promotion for signing back up with the TV services.

For my group, they use the internet more than anything. What I found though is, they like the background chatter of their favorite shows playing the same time they use another device. For the quick glance between text or whatever. Hulu eats at your data cap so they couldn’t do that as much. 

Both the wife and kid prefer Cable and Netflix over everything else we have tried. We have Prime just because it come with the membership but rarely do any of us watch anything on it.

Im just along for the ride. They say they hate Hulu and want Cable back then that’s what I do. It’s much easier that way lol

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, Drroogh said:

A new player in the market, looks like it may have some growing pains but knowing the company I believe they could become a serious player!

https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision?cmpid=MGPO_EM_C_20TVISION_P9T80LBAJKKD4K19B60475

So last night I tried out TVision. It worked great on my iPhone but I need to figure out how to get it on my tv. The issue I’m learning today is they are getting a lot of legal type pushback about their bundles! Like I said growing pains!

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So last night I tried out TVision. It worked great on my iPhone but I need to figure out how to get it on my tv. The issue I’m learning today is they are getting a lot of legal type pushback about their bundles! Like I said growing pains!

Hope this helps :

T-Mobile TVision 2020 complete walkthrough: Live TV, DVR, Guide & Hub -

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks mile, but my problem is I have a Samsung TV. TVision does not have their app in the Samsung store at this time. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bit of animosity between the companies as they are the biggest players in cell phones. Still as I said growing pains.

25 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Thanks mile, but my problem is I have a Samsung TV. TVision does not have their app in the Samsung store at this time. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a bit of animosity between the companies as they are the biggest players in cell phones. Still as I said growing pains.

Just installed a Samsung in my man cave two days ago. I have no cable..... just Roku with Hulu Live TV. 

Sorry I was not able to help.  Continue to stay safe during this pandemic.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, Drroogh said:

So the legal type pushback has somehow now gifted me over 30 new channels for free! Wonder how much that is going to cost me in the future. Growing pains!

On 11/17/2020 at 6:00 PM, Drroogh said:

So I just succeeded in connecting to the Big Screen with TVision. Now watching MSU on theBTN! 
Its not really that hard it’s just that my Samsung TV doesn’t have access to the app. Bought an inexpensive FireTV Stick and now I’m in. Go Hoosiers!

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So I just succeeded in connecting to the Big Screen with TVision. Now watching MSU on theBTN! 
Its not really that hard it’s just that my Samsung TV doesn’t have access to the app. Bought an inexpensive FireTV Stick and now I’m in. Go Hoosiers!

Happy for you.  Have a great Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 6:43 PM, Drroogh said:

Okay so I started with a 1mb/sec DSL as my only option out here in nowhere!   Even standard definition buffered. Decided to really cut the cable and rely solely on cell service which was about 4-6 mb/sec adequate for standard definition but that was about it! Still was able to watch the Hoosiers so I was happy. Well apparently there was a major upgrade to the system recently as the Hoosier/ NALAB game was flawless and last night I watched a streaming movie in HD! Did a Speedtest and now I have a whopping 60mb/sec! Talk about a difference! Praise the Lord!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Question here gang. Does anyone run into trouble with Hulu going in/out? I had no other windows open on desktop, was watching IU game Sunday and it got to the point I ended up turning it off and just listening to radio. 

My first thought would be your internet feed. If you’ve got a problem with your feed you may be able to change your settings to watch in standard definition.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

My first thought would be your internet feed. If you’ve got a problem with your feed you may be able to change your settings to watch in standard definition.

Has to be that I guess. I've got the fastest possible with ATT but maybe that's just not good enough. Oh well. Bigger concerns in the world I guess....but it just got annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I have Tvision see earlier posts. So far so good, but I still expect growing pains. Especially with groups like Discovery throwing their weight around.

Can you fast forward through commercials on recorded material?

I re upped buy one get one with sling as basketball tipped off.  About to cancel because 1 no fast forward and 2 they put B1G on a premium sports package that I didn't realize.  Thankfully I can jump on Fox sports go with my dad's directv password.  

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can you fast forward through commercials on recorded material?

I re upped buy one get one with sling as basketball tipped off.  About to cancel because 1 no fast forward and 2 they put B1G on a premium sports package that I didn't realize.  Thankfully I can jump on Fox sports go with my dad's directv password.  

I’ll have to get back with you on that as I don’t tend to record anything. But I’ll try over the long weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I’ll have to get back with you on that as I don’t tend to record anything. But I’ll try over the long weekend.

Good thing I don’t record anything, I’m just using the TVision app. If you buy the HUB you can get DVR for an additional $5/month. You could also get DVR with your Amazon Fire or whatever device you use. 
Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So.... in the continuing evolution of technology, yesterday I set up a T-Mobile Home WiFi router. (I believe ATT and Verison have similar systems) Now this is not a solution for everybody, but if you live out in the sticks with few options? I'm the perfect customer!😁

It is a WiFi router with a 5G simcard in it for connecting to the internet. I ran a speed test first with my LTE phone and got a respectable 68mps. Then I switched over to the WiFi connection and got 283mps! Now I can finally stream in HD all I want. Something I could never do before!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 9:44 AM, Drroogh said:

So the legal type pushback has somehow now gifted me over 30 new channels for free! Wonder how much that is going to cost me in the future. Growing pains!

I guess the legal battle was too much! TVISION service will end this month! They are offering discounts to switch to YouTube live. I think I’ll go back to Hulu again 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

My cable has been cut and now I have no internet. Switched companies in January and they had to run a cable to the utility pole a few houses down a few feet into someone's yard. Been trying to get it buried but the work order is backlogged.

So I noticed this morning the jerkoff homeowner snipped my cable and went through the effort of bundling it up and threw it in my yard. Pretty dang mad right now. 

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My cable has been cut and now I have no internet. Switched companies in January and they had to run a cable to the utility pole a few houses down a few feet into someone's yard. Been trying to get it buried but the work order is backlogged.

So I noticed this morning the jerkoff homeowner snipped my cable and went through the effort of bundling it up and threw it in my yard. Pretty dang mad right now. 

Justifiably so...Why would he do something like that? Was he aware of the situation?

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Justifiably so...Why would he do something like that? Was he aware of the situation?

Not really sure. I figured the tech would have informed them. They have mowed several times and clearly knew the cable was there.

Anyone with an IQ higher than forrest gump should figure its attached to the pole for a reason. 

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

This is on your provider. They are the one's responsible for utility easements. Your neighbor has destroyed ATT or whoever's property....but I'd find out about easements in your neighborhood,etc...every place is different. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not really sure. I figured the tech would have informed them. They have mowed several times and clearly knew the cable was there.

Anyone with an IQ higher than forrest gump should figure its attached to the pole for a reason. 

No excuse for that sort of behavior. A simple conversation could have easily solved whatever issues your neighbor may have had. As a society, we have to be better than this sort of thing.

• Like 1