I cut the cable. Now I need help.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

No excuse for that sort of behavior. A simple conversation could have easily solved whatever issues your neighbor may have had. As a society, we have to be better than this sort of thing.

Agreed. I've put in 3 work orders for burying the line and the 3rd party that does the trenching wont start on orders until June 15th. All they had to do was come ask what was going on. 

It's not like I havent been trying to get it done. 

36 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Agreed. I've put in 3 work orders for burying the line and the 3rd party that does the trenching wont start on orders until June 15th. All they had to do was come ask what was going on. 

It's not like I havent been trying to get it done. 

Not your fault at all. COVID has caused all kinds of cancellations and delays. No matter how each of feels about the decisions authorities have made, that's the reality. Each of has the ability to work together to make the best of the situation. Your neighbor chose not to. This is a completely avoidable situation and is a sad commentary on the state of some members of society.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just got notice that YouTube TV no longer has the Disney channels! Which means no ESPN. Not that disappointed but there are IU games coming on ESPN 

Was reading about that this morning. Seems like a Disney move to force folks back to Hulu. Not sure of how many subscribers there but I'd assume YouTube TV is going to take a substantial hit. Problem is I like YT TV over the others....but the whole point of streaming is to get the channels.

Looking at getting cable again for the first time in a decade. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was reading about that this morning. Seems like a Disney move to force folks back to Hulu. Not sure of how many subscribers there but I'd assume YouTube TV is going to take a substantial hit. Problem is I like YT TV over the others....but the whole point of streaming is to get the channels.

Looking at getting cable again for the first time in a decade. 

With the prices starting to creep up and always some dispute with streaming channels i am thinking about going back to cable also.

11 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

With the prices starting to creep up and always some dispute with streaming channels i am thinking about going back to cable also.

Don't know much but it seems several local cables no longer carry the ABC channel. It's not just the streaming services. The Discovery Channel group managed to shut down Tvision, now Disney is throwing their weight around?

At least I still have FOX for today. GO HOOSIERS!

• Like 1

Ding ding ding - Disney wants to force people off YTTV and back into the arms of the most notable competition, Hulu, that it... co-owns.

At the worst, they'll extract some major upgrades to the carriage fees YTTV pays.  

I look at the streaming services not as a cost saver but as a convenience saver.  If I don't like it, I cancel.  No contract, no boxes to return.  Better user interface.

• Like 2

Help question.  My mother in law has no internet, on purpose.  She has a good enough phone to stream and potentially cast.  She has like a 24 in tv that is not smart but has hdmis.  

Is there a device that she can simply cast to from her phone?  Im getting mixed answers on a chromecast doing this.  Some say you have to have both devices on the same internet.  

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Help question.  My mother in law has no internet, on purpose.  She has a good enough phone to stream and potentially cast.  She has like a 24 in tv that is not smart but has hdmis.  

Is there a device that she can simply cast to from her phone?  Im getting mixed answers on a chromecast doing this.  Some say you have to have both devices on the same internet.  

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/connect-your-android-phone-to-your-tv

Depends on if her phone is compatible but you can plug the phone in to the tv with an hdmi adapter. 

I did this when my wifi was down for a week. 

Edited by mrflynn03

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/connect-your-android-phone-to-your-tv

Depends on if her phone is compatible but you can plug the phone in to the tv with an hdmi adapter. 

I did this when my wifi was down for a week. 

Yeah, that would probably be the easiest and cheapest actually.  However if she wanted to turn her phone into a hotspot, now she has a chromecast to do lots of different things as well...if it works like that.  

Just now, BDB said:

We switched to hulu live.

I was looking at that today...do you like it?

I have Dish, but they're losing channels, like the local CBS channel...under normal circumstances I wouldn't care but we host Michigan on CBS January 23rd...

I know I can get CBS over the air...I just gotta figure out where the coat hanger goes in this 65 inch Samsung 😉

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I have Dish, but they're losing channels, like the local CBS channel...under normal circumstances I wouldn't care but we host Michigan on CBS January 23rd...

I know I can get CBS over the air...I just gotta figure out where the coat hanger goes in this 65 inch Samsung 😉

Do you have roku?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Hulu live was my choice in the first place; however, YTTV had the OWN channel and that won my wife over.  She agreed to go back to hulu after losing the disney channnels.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Just 18mm to the right of the old school antenna connection drill a 2mm hole. That’s where the coat hanger goes. But be careful, it’s like brain surgery. If you go to deep your TV is lobotomized! 

• Haha 1