Romeo leads Seniors

snowling

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

A higher priority than KB, TJD, Watford, Stewart or Hurt? With 2 maybe 3 spots?

Much higher than Stewart and Hurt who were never coming to IU in the first place. You definitely don't need all three of KB, TJD and Watford nor do I think we would ever get all three so you make Franklin a top priority knowing this and you take (hopefully) 2 of the 3 from that group and Franklin

40 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Much higher than Stewart and Hurt who were never coming to IU in the first place. You definitely don't need all three of KB, TJD and Watford nor do I think we would ever get all three so you make Franklin a top priority knowing this and you take (hopefully) 2 of the 3 from that group and Franklin

Even if you're right about Stewart and Hurt not ending up at IU, do you really think that Coach Miller could respond to their interest in unofficial or official visits with "Sorry, no thanks. I don't think you'll end up here, so we're going to focus on lower rated players who might?"

If 5* talent shows interest, you have to accommodate. If not for them, then for future 5*s.

Can't have a defeatist mindset and crazy things happen. Thomas Bryant might have fallen into your never coming to IU in the first place category as well. If not for Syracuse issues, he might have stayed there and not been a Hoosier. Same thing with Romeo. Most say he wasn't coming to IU (himself included), but Archie (and other factors) moved him from never coming to IU to part of the 2018 class.

39 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Someone better call the coaches and tell them to stop wasting time with Stewart on campus. I'll let others reply because i'm at a loss at what to say to not needing all 3 of KB, TJD and Watford to take a lesser player.

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

Uh we're absolutely in the thick of it for Stewart

29 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Even if you're right about Stewart and Hurt not ending up at IU, do you really think that Coach Miller could respond to their interest in unofficial or official visits with "Sorry, no thanks. I don't think you'll end up here, so we're going to focus on lower rated players who might?"

If 5* talent shows interest, you have to accommodate. If not for them, then for future 5*s.

Can't have a defeatist mindset and crazy things happen. Thomas Bryant might have fallen into your never coming to IU in the first place category as well. If not for Syracuse issues, he might have stayed there and not been a Hoosier. Same thing with Romeo. Most say he wasn't coming to IU (himself included), but Archie (and other factors) moved him from never coming to IU to part of the 2018 class.

On the other site it posted an article from one of the recruiting experts you talked about the top 10 recruiting battles.  It talked about Stewart and Hurt and IU was not mentioned with either one.  The article also talked about Carton and Brooks and they had IU in as a strong possibility with both of those players.

37 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Someone better call the coaches and tell them to stop wasting time with Stewart on campus. I'll let others reply because i'm at a loss at what to say to not needing all 3 of KB, TJD and Watford to take a lesser player.

Stewart visited yesterday, today he's visiting Notre Dame, tomorrow Michigan St. I never said don't recruit the kid nor did I say it would be a waste of time to have him on campus for an unofficial. My point was that we probably should have made Franklin a higher priority, especially over kids like Stewart when we're already heavily recruiting 3 other post players. 

We have 3 forwards coming in as freshmen next season with 2 guards, one of which will likely be gone after a year so be at a loss all you want. If you understood how to put together a team you'd realize you can't just recruit the same position. We need a guard in this class far more than a 3rd forward. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Stewart visited yesterday, today he's visiting Notre Dame, tomorrow Michigan St. I never said don't recruit the kid nor did I say it would be a waste of time to have him on campus for an unofficial. My point was that we probably should have made Franklin a higher priority, especially over kids like Stewart when we're already heavily recruiting 3 other post players. 

We have 3 forwards coming in as freshmen next season with 2 guards, one of which will likely be gone after a year so be at a loss all you want. If you understood how to put together a team you'd realize you can't just recruit the same position. We need a guard in this class far more than a 3rd forward. 

I'll trust Archie...thanks though :) 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Someone not in the know, telling the staff who they should prioritize and not prioritize is gold. 

I trust Archie and Ed.  They know what they're doing and must know we need a guard badly in 2019.  If we're not pursuing Franklin you can bet the house it's because the staff is confident they're going to land a bigger fish. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

The staff offering the kid in question as you typed that is platinum

Because the staff has a plan unlike you spewing uninformed opinions out. Why is it so hard to just realize we dont need to worry about the recruiting? You probably do know more than Archie Miller though.. I mean my gosh, you do watch highlight videos I'm sure!!

If you didnt know/realize/comprehend that we were going to offer on his visit I am not sure what to tell you? 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Because the staff has a plan unlike you spewing uninformed opinions out. Why is it so hard to just realize we dont need to worry about the recruiting? You probably do know more than Archie Miller though.. I mean my gosh, you do watch highlight videos I'm sure!!

If you didnt know/realize/comprehend that we were going to offer on his visit I am not sure what to tell you? 

Whatever man. This is a message board to discuss options like the very one I expressed. Don’t be butt hurt because you called me uninformed at the very moment the staff offered the kid, proving me right. If anyone here doesn’t like my opinion feel free to ignore it instead of telling my opinion wrong or doesn’t matter just because you dont agree with it. This all stemmed from me saying maybe we should have made a kid a higher priority. Apparently I’m right. Moving on. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Whatever man. This is a message board to discuss options like the very one I expressed. Don’t be butt hurt because you called me uninformed at the very moment the staff offered the kid, proving me right. If anyone here doesn’t like my opinion feel free to ignore it instead of telling my opinion wrong or doesn’t matter just because you dont agree with it. This all stemmed from me saying maybe we should have made a kid a higher priority. Apparently I’m right. Moving on. 

Proving you right lol all I said was it was dumb to question the staff and it is. Again.. we all knew he'd be offered on his visit. You aren't a fortune teller. 

Archived