Rising Suicide Rates

And today, a friend of 20 years who also happened to be a co-worker and neighbor for the same duration lost his wife to suicide.  I do not know many details other than she invested her life in her youth and beauty.  Though aging incredibly well, turning 60 hit her extremely hard mentally.  Each year after compounded exponentially.  There were previous attempts.  I wish I felt like I could have done something.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

And today, a friend of 20 years who also happened to be a co-worker and neighbor for the same duration lost his wife to suicide.  I do not know many details other than she invested her life in her youth and beauty.  Though aging incredibly well, turning 60 hit her extremely hard mentally.  Each year after compounded exponentially.  There were previous attempts.  I wish I felt like I could have done something.

So sad. Praying for your friend and her family and friends.

2 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

So, so sorry for your friends and your loss. 

3 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Thoughts and prayers seem so trite in today's society but thoughts and prayers are part of the equation. While you can't do anything to bring her back, being there for her spouse would make a huge impact. Having dealt with this, I know that the remaining spouse can go through tremendous guilt, as well as feeling stigmatized that somehow they failed or were to blame.Let him know that you are available and open to talking when he is ready. Let him know that he has resources so he doesn't isolate himself as well 

4 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Damn, so sorry to hear.  My thoughts and prayers go out.

15 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Sorry to hear that. Dealt with similar situation 2 weeks ago here in town. Mother who lost her son to suicide 2 years ago ended things herself. Never could recover. Tried to mask the pain with beauty, booze, and body....but the most important b word (brain) just wasn't working. Thoughts to her surviving family. 

Archived