IU Tweets

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

So, you're saying he's lying about the 12 pounds of added muscle mass...?

Meh, who knows.  I think over-exaggerating about weight, height, vertical jump, etc., is basically part of the job description for a college basketball strength and conditioning coach, haha.  But maybe he did.  All I know is that none of the before and after posts have looked like dramatic changes to me.  They’re always just standing around in the before pic, and flexing with better lighting and angles in the after pic. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Meh, who knows.  I think over-exaggerating about weight, height, vertical jump, etc., is basically part of the job description for a college basketball strength and conditioning coach, haha.  But maybe he did.  All I know is that none of the before and after posts have looked like dramatic changes to me.  They’re always just standing around in the before pic, and flexing with better lighting and angles in the after pic. 

No offense, but you might need to get your eyes checked if you can’t see the difference.  It’s pretty night and day.  Also, he’s not flexing his back in the after picture lol

13 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

No offense, but you might need to get your eyes checked if you can’t see the difference.  It’s pretty night and day.  Also, he’s not flexing his back in the after picture lol

He clearly is, and they used better lighting to highlight it.  Same thing they did with Race a little while back too. But hey, it’s all a sales job for the program, so if it’s working, I’m all for it.

12 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

He clearly is, and they used better lighting to highlight it.  Same thing they did with Race a little while back too. But hey, it’s all a sales job for the program, so if it’s working, I’m all for it.

Probably taking the before photo's before they lift and the after photo's after getting a pump too. I find it very hard to believe that he put on 12 lbs of muscle in a month with all the calories he's burning. 

26 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Probably taking the before photo's before they lift and the after photo's after getting a pump too. I find it very hard to believe that he put on 12 lbs of muscle in a month with all the calories he's burning. 

I always thought it was AMAZING that the last strength and conditioning coach was consistently adding like 37 inches to the players’ vertical leaps over the summer.

3 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I don't pretend to know to be honest, but can you imagine what you or I would look like if we took in 6500 calories a day?

FatBahstahhd.jpg.3c87bc434b820e53271b851fbce0aa0b.jpg

On 7/8/2018 at 10:31 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

He's flexing in both. 

On 7/8/2018 at 10:47 PM, ADegenerate said:

Absolutely possible with someone like Jake because of how low he was weight lifting coming in and how overall skinny he was/is. So like that first month he will put on a ton of mass and get a lot stronger, but after that he wont put on nearly as much. 

My JR year of HS.. I started eating similar to the way Jake currently is.. and improved my bench press by 55lbs in 8 weeks, squat by 30lbs, and clean by 15lbs and gained 5-7lbs. It can be done. Reason I didnt put on the weight that Jake did, for one I'm 5'10, so someone like Yogi isnt going to put on that type of weight, but someone like Jake or Clifton could... 2nd my baseline was much higher starting out than his was. I was 3-4 years into lifting when I started all that. (Also didnt have a college strength coach and diet like his haha). It can be done. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely possible with someone like Jake because of how low he was weight lifting coming in and how overall skinny he was/is. So like that first month he will put on a ton of mass and get a lot stronger, but after that he wont put on nearly as much. 

My JR year of HS.. I started eating similar to the way Jake currently is.. and improved my bench press by 55lbs in 8 weeks, squat by 30lbs, and clean by 15lbs and gained 5-7lbs. It can be done. Reason I didnt put on the weight that Jake did, for one I'm 5'10, so someone like Yogi isnt going to put on that type of weight, but someone like Jake or Clifton could... 2nd my baseline was much higher starting out than his was. I was 3-4 years into lifting when I started all that. (Also didnt have a college strength coach and diet like his haha). It can be done. 

That’s flat out impossible to gain 12 lbs of lean muscle in a month...even with the newbie gains you’re referring too unless you’re taking anabolic steriods. Most models I’ve heard is a max 2lbs per month for new weight lifters. I don’t buy that for a single second that he did 6x what most models have as a maxium. I’m sure that he gained 12lbs of muscle/fat/water weight but 12 lbs of muscle isn’t possible without roids...that’s like Hugh Jackman style.

18 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

That’s flat out impossible to gain 12 lbs of lean muscle in a month...even with the newbie gains you’re referring too unless you’re taking anabolic steriods. Most models I’ve heard is a max 2lbs per month for new weight lifters. I don’t buy that for a single second that he did 6x what most models have as a maxium. I’m sure that he gained 12lbs of muscle/fat/water weight but 12 lbs of muscle isn’t possible without roids...that’s like Hugh Jackman style.

His body fat dropped. I'm not going to argue with you because I've seen it done. 6'9 helps so much in this conversation.. so much frame to add to. Most models aren't necessarily trying to gain "weight". 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

His body fat dropped. I'm not going to argue with you because I've seen it done. 6'9 helps so much in this conversation.. so much frame to add to. Most models aren't necessarily trying to gain "weight". 

Agree to disagree is fair. I concede that I could be wrong here but I maintain my stance.

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

We’re probably lost in translation here. Muscle weighs more than fat so I’m sure there’s some translations we’re mixing up. Whatever though, get him bigger and in better shape. 

He could probably stand to gain another 20lbs in the next 12 months. Not sure of his official weight right now though. One things for sure.. he must be working hard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing how much darker Justin Smith is in the summer lol all last winter he was lighter skinned or so I thought. He must be living in the sun, which I'm glad because i hate when kids spend the time on game consoles!!!

Warning: this should NOT be taken as racism or anything of that nature. I notice things like that because mine does the same. I just hardly recognized JS at first!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, Indykev said:

I was more than happy to post this. IU running back Morgan Ellison.

That's awesome. Young man seems to have a good head on his shoulders! Can't like that enough!! A great kid and a great representative for Indiana University.

Archived