Laskowski

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Met Mr. Laskowski at Culvers in Columbus not long ago.. he owns a few of them. Incredibly nice guy.. talked to me for 5 minutes or so. 

I knew Laz had brought Culvers to B-town.  Was not aware that he had more than one.  Gotta love a guy who brought a Culvers to B-town.  Oh, by the way... he played BB ok too.  LOL

8 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Where is there a Culvers in B-town?

I thought it was a done deal. But, apparently it is still held up in litigation.

Culver's gets city approval for West Third Street location | HTO now! | heraldtimesonline.com

John Laskowski - Owner/Operator Culver's of Bloomington - Culver's of Bloomington | LinkedIn

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

They're building it soon. He wants one in Bedford as well. 

Just now, btownqb said:

They're building it soon. He wants one in Bedford as well. 

Good to know.  Thanks for that.  We had a similar situation close to my house.  A woman and her son spent $2.5 million for a building to put up a Culvers franchise she was awarded. Only to have ONE resident object.... because they would have to make a drive through, which the building did not have.  It took close to two years of legal battles,  but eventually the woman and her son won the battle.  And now.... I am enjoying a Culver's just about a mile from my house. 

Was always curious where Laskowski ended up after being run out of town here locally. Met him a couple of time. Seemed like a very nice guy to me. The sincerity of his friendliness was always questioned. 

I don't get into the whole chain vs nonchain argument. If something is good. I'll eat there. I've never been to Culver's. Driven by the one on 96th St often. Might have to give it a go.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Was always curious where Laskowski ended up after being run out of town here locally. Met him a couple of time. Seemed like a very nice guy to me. The sincerity of his friendliness was always questioned. 

I don't get into the whole chain vs nonchain argument. If something is good. I'll eat there. I've never been to Culver's. Driven by the one on 96th St often. Might have to give it a go.

He got ran out of town??

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe poor choice of words. Maybe not. Depends on who you believe. If mods don't think this appropriate feel free to delete. An issue with his son and Carmel high school. 

Was his son in a "hazing" incident?

4 hours ago, rico said:

Was his son in a "hazing" incident?

Yes his son was the ring leader if I remember correctly.  Too bad for the elder Laskowski because it really stained his reputation.  The son on the other hand deserved everything that came his way.  My younger brother was attending Carmel at the time and said the son was a POS. The people of Carmel wanted them gone after that.

6 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

He got ran out of town??

An acquaintance of mine had the police called on him because he was neighbors with the Laskowskis, and was sending them threatening letters basically telling them to get the hell out the neighborhood.  The neighbor had coached the younger Laskowski and said he was a punk so that’s why he did it. It got ugly for the family after the whole hazing incident, and I don’t think he felt comfortable keeping his family there.

18 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

Yes his son was the ring leader if I remember correctly.  Too bad for the elder Laskowski because it really stained his reputation.  The son on the other hand deserved everything that came his way.  My younger brother was attending Carmel at the time and said the son was a POS. The people of Carmel wanted them gone after that.

I did find this........

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/archives/basketball-players-charged-in-carmel-school-hazing/article_18889314-da69-52ba-8aef-bd8aa01a5d6e.html

And the sad part is those two articles represent about 1/10th of what happened. Wasn't good for all parties involved. Plenty of people said boys will be boys and because they value some professional work relationships they supported one side or the other. 

Needless to say. If the kids didn't do this form of bullying. The adults wouldn't have had the chance to mess it up even more. Chicken or egg, right?

I cant understand why kids are assaulting their teammates like in this case. And it seems to happen quite a bit. 

When I was that age if we did anything that would be considered hazing it would be applying atomic balm to a kids jock strap before practice or taking the laces out of their shoes. 

I remember cherry bellies, taped to a wall, being hog tied and thrown in a locker and a few other things while wrestling at the 103 lb weight class.  It was part of the territory being so much smaller than everyone else.  That is nothing compared to what went on.

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I cant understand why kids are assaulting their teammates like in this case. And it seems to happen quite a bit. 

When I was that age if we did anything that would be considered hazing it would be applying atomic balm to a kids jock strap before practice or taking the laces out of their shoes. 

The jock strap thing happened in my day as well.  But you called it right, this was an assault.  And of the sexual variety.  Kids should have went to jail.  I know one thing, if that was my son that it happened to I would have been pounding on Laskowski's door.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, PoHoosier said:

I remember cherry bellies, taped to a wall, being hog tied and thrown in a locker and a few other things while wrestling at the 103 lb weight class.  It was part of the territory being so much smaller than everyone else.  That is nothing compared to what went on.

I am also a former 103 lber, and had similar things happen to me in the wrestling room as well, haha.  

A few years back, the wrestling coach at state powerhouse Mishawaka got fired for looking the other way when a hazing assault similar to the one that happened at Carmel occurred.   That stuff never made any sense to me.

32 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I am also a former 103 lber, and had similar things happen to me in the wrestling room as well, haha.  

A few years back, the wrestling coach at state powerhouse Mishawaka got fired for looking the other way when a hazing assault similar to the one that happened at Carmel occurred.   That stuff never made any sense to me.

Damn, I had forgot about that incident.  IIRC, those kids got sentenced to something.  But no charges were filed against the coach.  But I could be wrong, the little lady says I usually am!!!!!  

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Damn, I had forgot about that incident.  IIRC, those kids got sentenced to something.  But no charges were filed against the coach.  But I could be wrong, the little lady says I usually am!!!!!  

Yep.  Six wrestlers charged, but not the coach.  He went to Brownsburg and has now turned them into one of the best teams in the state.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yep.  Six wrestlers charged, but not the coach.  He went to Brownsburg and has now turned them into one of the best teams in the state.

Didn't remember that it was six.  Wow.  I knew the coach got fired but was exonerated.  

Archived