Mason Gillis Commits to Purdue

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Wish baseball recruit services weren't behind pay walls. The only problem with baseball is he would be paying his own way. 

I think if he is drafted high enough in the MLB draft next June that is the route he will go.  Just my guess, nothing concrete.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Same could be said about NBA..how good will Cleveland be next year if King James goes else where...they won't be in finals again...then their career hinges on the decision of a 30 something year old

One player maybe two players a year a coach MIGHT recruit in the NBA. Usually done by the GM though.. nothing compared to college, not even close. 

2 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

I think if he is drafted high enough in the MLB draft next June that is the route he will go.  Just my guess, nothing concrete.

He's going to get drafted!?! There were only 3 maybe 4 kids in Indiana HS that were drafted last season. Mason is in that top group?

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Same could be said about NBA..how good will Cleveland be next year if King James goes else where...they won't be in finals again...then their career hinges on the decision of a 30 something year old

NBA teams have more control over their roster for a lot longer, but even if we pretend (and that is all it would be) that it is even the perks for the NBA still seem to greatly outweigh the perks for college. 

He's going to get drafted!?! There were only 3 maybe 4 kids in Indiana HS that were drafted last season. Mason is in that top group?

I don't know that he will, but I from what I have read the is one of the top 5 baseball prospects in the state.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

MAC talent? Lol. I could see him being a similar player as Vince Edwards. 

Completely different players. I think Gillis is a damn good player though. Hes more Juwan Morgan than he is VE though. I will have to say.. if hes a legit 5 top 5 baseball prospect from our state, and I was saying this before he committed to Purdue, he might be better served to play baseball in the long run. 

Simply put.. how many 6'6 PFs are there in the pros? Now... think about how could change that to a positive on the baseball field. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Completely different players. I think Gillis is a damn good player though. Hes more Juwan Morgan than he is VE though. I will have to say.. if hes a legit 5 top 5 baseball prospect from our state, and I was saying this before he committed to Purdue, he might be better served to play baseball in the long run. 

Simply put.. how many 6'6 PFs are there in the pros? Now... think about how could change that to a positive on the baseball field. 

Yep good point on the baseball thing. Wonder if he can play baseball at Purdue too or if that would be too much to handle. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep good point on the baseball thing. Wonder if he can play baseball at Purdue too or if that would be too much to handle. 

I think football and baseball would be manageable. I dont think baseball and basketball would be possible.. could be wrong though. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I saw on the other site you said something about Gillis and hunters ranking compared to some guys we got.. I think Gillis and Hunter are both better than Anderson right now, but I'd put RP at the top of those 4. 

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think football and baseball would be manageable. I dont think baseball and basketball would be possible.. could be wrong though. 

I am pretty sure Joe Hillman played basketball and baseball while at IU. That’s a long time ago so my memory might be wrong on that. 

I agree with you though that it does seem tough. 

I saw on the other site you said something about Gillis and hunters ranking compared to some guys we got.. I think Gillis and Hunter are both better than Anderson right now, but I'd put RP at the top of those 4. 

Apples and oranges.  Anderson played 3 in HS, Gillis plays exclusively inside.  

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It matters more that they are not in the same class. Gillis is in a class with TJD and KBJ. That's the comparison that matters.

Why? Obviously those two are better than Gillis. But that wasnt what the discussion was about.. it was about guys ranked similarly. I am not high on Anderson at all. 

Archived