Mason Gillis Commits to Purdue

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I think he is a good kid, for sure and I am certainly not mad about him being a Hoosier. I just dont think hes all that good. BUT.. he does shoot the ball well, with solid size... so, he could for sure develop later on. 

Yea I don't see him playing a whole lot this year but with today's game. If you can shoot there is a spot for ya. I think he will turn out to be a good 4 year guy. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish the kid good luck. We have our eyes on much bigger targets. End of story for me. PS...Damezi can score and shoot. Give me a roster full of those guys. After watching our offense last year and 1.5 guys who were actually a threat offensively....give me multiple shooters all day long. 

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It’s just one person. 

Yes, you are right. Just after I posted this I thought that I needed to edit it to reflect that it wasn't the whole board with this opinion. Got busy and distracted with life and failed to get back to it.

Thanks for clarifying for me 👍

In the last few years I have probably watch Gillis play 4 times and to me he is a big ten caliber player.  His shot is not that bad and he does well taking the ball to the basket. both times I saw him play this year, Matt Painter was their watching so to me it is not a surprise that he committed to PU.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Sounds like there is genuine concern at Purdue that Gillis may never play.  Injury reported to be more than a meniscus tear...there is literally no meniscus to repair.  Considerable doubt he plays at New Castle this year at all.

That’s news to me. Haven’t seen that on any of our boards. 

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s news to me. Haven’t seen that on any of our boards. 

Hang on...I'll link it.  Was from BoilerIron who seems to actually be a very good free forum poster...

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/brandon-newman-ov.149141/

In Brandon Newman's OV post.  Page 3 has a pic of everyone including Gillis on crutches with a brace.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Hang on...I'll link it.  Was from BoilerIron who seems to actually be a very good free forum poster...

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/brandon-newman-ov.149141/

In Brandon Newman's OV post.  Page 3 has a pic of everyone including Gillis on crutches with a brace.

Yeah I saw all of the basketball guys in front of me at the football game. Hadn’t heard anything about it being a serious long-term thing. Certainly hope not. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah I saw all of the basketball guys in front of me at the football game. Hadn’t heard anything about it being a serious long-term thing. Certainly hope not. 

The only reason I put significant credibility in the rumor was BoilerIron.  He appears to be someone on that forum kind of like 0708 is here.  I mostly use that forum for comic relief, but that poster has my respect.

Archived