Anthony Harris Commits to North Carolina

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

What's the scoop on this kid's game? Strong on defensive end, but not as good on the offensive end?

He is very good defensively. High motor effort kid. Offense I say needs some work...pretty raw. In my mind he reminds me of Al in size...not true point guard...maybe a little more polished coming in though. He did tear his Achilles and I could see him being a redshirt candidate. Should be ready to go but honestly if he can’t hit the weights etc will be behind and with Rob, Al, Green, and Armani already in the fold be hard to see him doing a lot his first year. Issue is he is an east coast kid and I don’t think he really wants to go west...even if he comes i would worry he may transfer out.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is very good defensively. High motor effort kid. Offense I say needs some work...pretty raw. In my mind he reminds me of Al in size...not true point guard...maybe a little more polished coming in though. He did tear his Achilles and I could see him being a redshirt candidate. Should be ready to go but honestly if he can’t hit the weights etc will be behind and with Rob, Al, Green, and Armani already in the fold be hard to see him doing a lot his first year. Issue is he is an east coast kid and I don’t think he really wants to go west...even if he comes i would worry he may transfer out.

thought it was his ACL?  @RoadToZion said he should be ready by this summer?  Worst case if he's ready this summer he comes off the bench this year and potentially starts in 2020?

• KDB changed the title to Anthony Harris

Seems like a really solid player. Type of kid a program can be built around. My only concern is this. Either our staff is very confident in the guys we either have returning that are going to improve their shot or Archie knows he's adding another....is that right? Trust me I'll never be disappointed adding kids to our program like this. Just have concerns. 

"From his highlights, Harris has shown incredible speed, quickness, and leaping ability. His athleticism is similar to that of Hokies’ senior Ahmed Hill.

This athleticism makes it easy for Harris to get to the basket. Lacking an elite jump shot, much of his offense comes from attacking the rim. He is very good at getting space from defenders and finishing at the hoop.

Though his jump shot is not elite, it is at definitely respectable. He has shown an ability to make jump shots off the dribble from time to time. Should his shot continue to develop, his ability to create on offense has All-ACC potential.

At 6’3, 180 lbs., Harris posts a somewhat bigger frame than others at his position. His length and athleticism give him a superior defensive advantage. He is a ball hawk who is adept at picking the opponent’s pocket.

Harris is also a strong ball handler and passer. He has shown an ability to run an offense and get teammates involved. Those are not his strongest qualities, but they are still better than most.

In high school and AAU ball, Harris has mainly been featured as a point guard. He has all the skills to play the position at the next level."

https://techlunchpail.com/2018/10/22/scouting-report-four-star-guard-anthony-harris/

1 minute ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

"From his highlights, Harris has shown incredible speed, quickness, and leaping ability. His athleticism is similar to that of Hokies’ senior Ahmed Hill.

This athleticism makes it easy for Harris to get to the basket. Lacking an elite jump shot, much of his offense comes from attacking the rim. He is very good at getting space from defenders and finishing at the hoop.

Though his jump shot is not elite, it is at definitely respectable. He has shown an ability to make jump shots off the dribble from time to time. Should his shot continue to develop, his ability to create on offense has All-ACC potential.

At 6’3, 180 lbs., Harris posts a somewhat bigger frame than others at his position. His length and athleticism give him a superior defensive advantage. He is a ball hawk who is adept at picking the opponent’s pocket.

Harris is also a strong ball handler and passer. He has shown an ability to run an offense and get teammates involved. Those are not his strongest qualities, but they are still better than most.

In high school and AAU ball, Harris has mainly been featured as a point guard. He has all the skills to play the position at the next level."

https://techlunchpail.com/2018/10/22/scouting-report-four-star-guard-anthony-harris/

Would certainly fit in well here.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Armani Franconi? Gary Payton was The Glove, maybe Armann can be The Suit?

43 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

This is great BUT as we have learned the last 2 miserable seasons, we need shooters.  Outside of maybe Franklin  there is no one that fits that need....

If it significantly upgrades (not just upgrades) talent in other areas, I'll take it.  Step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, CTrojan88 said:

This is great BUT as we have learned the last 2 miserable seasons, we need shooters.  Outside of maybe Franklin  there is no one that fits that need....

I think this is a good observation.  

I would add, though, the two biggest needs in my mind could be thrown into two separate categories. One is shooting as you aptly point out and I agree with. 

The second, and probably most disappointing, was the lack of competitiveness, energy, enthusiasm, toughness etc.  We were soft in those areas.  It felt like an oxymoron next to our head coach who’s a highly competitive, tough guy.   

I think if we solve that issue, it will go a long way to getting the program on track for future success if that attitude can get established. 

Archived