Anthony Harris Commits to North Carolina

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He is committing tonight at 6:30pm according to his twitter page.  Def feels like it has to be either IU or UNC.  I would have to think that with Cole committing to UNC today that it would sway Harris to choose IU but we shall see.

GO IU!

I like this

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He is committing tonight at 6:30pm according to his twitter page.  Def feels like it has to be either IU or UNC.  I would have to think that with Cole committing to UNC today that it would sway Harris to choose IU but we shall see.

GO IU!

That would be a great get this late in the game.

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Someone said he won't be our 12th or 13th player. As a freshman I would say in minutes played his freshman year he will be our 12th or 13th player. Now if there are injuries or some given games where we get in bad foul trouble at the guard spot he might play more than others...but on avg he will be one of the last guys off the bench his freshman year. That was the topic....again I think he can be a good player for us in a few years but given what we have at the guard spot and who we project to come in...he will likely not see much playing time...meaning he will be our 12th or 13th guy in our rotation. Not forever...as guys will graduate and he will get older and better than some freshman after him but I don't see how he plays ahead of any of our guards when he comes in. Again nothing against Leal but he isn't like Romeo or anything where he is going to jump right into the starting lineup..he just doesn't project into that type of player. Guys like Harris and Lester even don't project to start for us...but I see them having parts of their game that is advanced enough to get minutes right away. So that was all I was saying....yes...he will be our 12th or 13th guy (if we have that many)....at least for the first year or maybe longer. I don't see anyone projected to be on the roster that would be getting less minutes then him. Maybe some are thinking about Priller etc as our 13th man...God forbid that kind of situation happen again...I doubt that...so it shouldn't be that our 12-13th man should be the same guys year after year....but I do see incoming freshman that might fit that role right away...and later be contributors at least in a year or two or hopefully impactful players by the time they leave. You can go from end of the bench to an impactful player.

You might be 100 percent correct. If Leal is 12th or 13th we are gonna be a lot better than I expect

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

GO IU!

His UNC official visit is ongoing, right? I wouldn't feel too good if he's still on campus or just left and is deciding.

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

GO IU!

I would guess it will be UNC since he is  on his visit to UNC

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If we miss here I am not seeing much hope for the rest of our targets. I see Lester to UM

As a Michigan football fan, I listen too Sam Webb’s recruiting roundup daily. He said on today’s podcast that Michigan has other guys ahead of LQ on their list. 

Edit: Iggy is leaving the door open to coming back, some kid nicknamed “Bones” is higher, a grad transfer, an Mo Wagner’s brother. 

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If we miss here I am not seeing much hope for the rest of our targets. I see Lester to UM

This has been my fear before visit last weekend.....and I think I posted it. Sun will come up tomorrow but if Harris goes to Carolina to sit, LQ to Michigan or Memphis, and Watford elsewhere we've got some scrambling to do. 

Archived