• Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Feathery said:

PG - Phinisee/Green

SG - Green/Al

SF - Hunter/Damezi

PF - TJD/Race/Smith

C -  Davis/Brunk

I don’t see more than 10 minutes of time at any position. He Is coming off a ACL injury and isn’t a shooter that would give him a skill to put him on the court. I could see him being a starter by year 3 though. 

I’m pretty bullish on Al Durham to be honest. The kid puts in the work and will be hard to pass. 

Regardless of Harris I still think there are potentially a lot of minutes at the guard spot.  Ideally neither Rob or Green is going to play 35 minutes a game and if Al backs up Hunter not Damezi (which is likely IMO) then, again, lots of guard minutes to be had by someone.  But I guess we’ll agree to disagree here.  And the starting two guard is up for grabs the year after Green graduates.

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't think I am going to follow this stuff as closely as I have. I'll just wait for the good news, then read about the players we get, not the ones we don't. 

That was the way it use to be and it was actually les stressful.  I remember the first time I heard about our 1989 class was the day after signing day and they had an article in the Indy star.

6 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Regardless of Harris I still think there are potentially a lot of minutes at the guard spot.  Ideally neither Rob or Green is going to play 35 minutes a game and if Al backs up Hunter not Damezi (which is likely IMO) then, again, lots of guard minutes to be had by someone.  But I guess we’ll agree to disagree here.  And the starting two guard is up for grabs the year after Green graduates.

I guess I don’t see a scenario where Phinisee isn’t playing 30+ minutes a game, outside of a blowout. To me that means Green can cover the leftover PG minutes. 

Honestly, outside of Watford, I haven’t been high on any of these guys we have been after recently. And even Watford, I see as a 4 and would compete with TJD. Watford doesn’t have the 3 point shooting to pass up a guy like Hunter at the 3. 

Edit: I do think Windham has the shooting needed. He needs to add strength though. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That was the way it use to be and it was actually les stressful.  I remember the first time I heard about our 1989 class was the day after signing day and they had an article in the Indy star.

And for those of us that followed recruiting at that time....was one of the greatest classes ever!

For now, this is how the story goes.  We're nothing special in the eyes of most highly ranked recruits and even those in the next level.  The kids in state are important especially until IU begins to win consistently.  Just my opinion, but we need to win with homegrown talent for now.

And we need to hope the state produces another Larry Legend, Steve Alford, Calbert Cheaney, Kent Benson, Cody Zeller, Big O, George McGinnis, and on and on...because we need those types of players, who grew up in Indiana and we need to get them to play for IU.  That's how you change the story...and create the new story of IU.

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

For now, this is how the story goes.  We're nothing special in the eyes of most highly ranked recruits and even those in the next level.  The kids in state are important especially until IU begins to win consistently.  Just my opinion, but we need to win with homegrown talent for now.

Agreed...if we aren’t gonna be the IU of old anytime soon I’d rather root for home grown talent for the most part.

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

The IU of old is so old that it might be time to start a new...and quickly 

Here's the thing. We all are all IU fans to the day we die. I'm also a diehard Miami Hurricane football fan since early 80's. First game ever was in Orange Bowl in 83. What I see right now is a little similar to what they've been going through. Missing on coaches, missing on local talent.....anyway Mark Richt had them in top 5 2 seasons ago before losing last 3 and spent last year failing.

Right now Miami football recruiting is as hot as anyone in the country for the next 2-3 classes. Those results were met because of a new message. The New Miami. You'll see the #tnm online. Right now I feel like Archie and staff better hit on either results or certain recruits soon or that shine is dead in the water. 

I don't want that one bit. I like Archie. I appreciate what he's trying to teach but after 4 coaches in 17 years.....we don't have the time. Fair or unfair. We need wins and recruiting wins. If not...we'll be back having these same conversations in 2021.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the thing. We all are all IU fans to the day we die. I'm also a diehard Miami Hurricane football fan since early 80's. First game ever was in Orange Bowl in 83. What I see right now is a little similar to what they've been going through. Missing on coaches, missing on local talent.....anyway Mark Richt had them in top 5 2 seasons ago before losing last 3 and spent last year failing.

Right now Miami football recruiting is as hot as anyone in the country for the next 2-3 classes. Those results were met because of a new message. The New Miami. You'll see the #tnm online. Right now I feel like Archie and staff better hit on either results or certain recruits soon or that shine is dead in the water. 

I don't want that one bit. I like Archie. I appreciate what he's trying to teach but after 4 coaches in 17 years.....we don't have the time. Fair or unfair. We need wins and recruiting wins. If not...we'll be back having these same conversations in 2021.

I like Archie too,but in this day and age of recruiting, and winning in general it doesn't take to long to fall behind then it starts snow balling out of control..thats kinda what happened with FCTC,he got off to a good start in recruiting with Hulls C- Wat,Zeller and others,then went down hill...I dont want that to happen to CAM

10 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I like Archie too,but in this day and age of recruiting, and winning in general it doesn't take to long to fall behind then it starts snow balling out of control..thats kinda what happened with FCTC,he got off to a good start in recruiting with Hulls C- Wat,Zeller and others,then went down hill...I dont want that to happen to CAM

I continue to believe the team chemistry issues killed this team (along with injuries), and this was a season TO make the tourney and see change and growth. It didn’t happen so it SEEMS like we went backwards and it changes everything. That’s why next season has to be even a bit better than what we had wanted this season to be to prove to people that last year was a fluke.

gosh I’m hoping because I REALLY like CAM way more than I ever did Crean.

Archived