Anthony Harris Commits to North Carolina

1 hour ago, DunkinDipo said:

Hopefully Hunter can help in the shooting department as well. 

Yes he was a very good shooter in HS...hopefully it translates. If Rob and Al just improve a bit and Anderson finds his confidence we might not have a Carson or Cline but we have respectable shooting. Right now it’s Green and that’s it.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

With the medical advances we have made, ACL's are not as serious as they once were. Of course its a major injury, but these days it is easier to get back to normal playing speed a lot faster than it once was. By far. Definitely a major injury, however. 

Yep knew a guy who tore all 3 of his big ligaments. 

Hes basically able to be a professional body builder/extreme sports nut/firefighter 

13 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

With the medical advances we have made, ACL's are not as serious as they once were. Of course its a major injury, but these days it is easier to get back to normal playing speed a lot faster than it once was. By far. Definitely a major injury, however. 

And then there is P.Harris for IU football who has 3.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep knew a guy who tore all 3 of his big ligaments. 

Hes basically able to be a professional body builder/extreme sports nut/firefighter 

I remember Zack Morris came back from a torn ACL in a freak locker room injury....and the rehab actually improved his jump-shot. :coffee:

Hopefully since he couldn't be running/jumping etc....he has been working on his free throws and jump shot. (gotta look on the bright side) He wasn't an above the rim type player before but he did have elite lateral quickness etc...as long as it doesn't hamper that he should be able to return as good as before.

Wasn't the "best" start to the OV this morning, for reasons out of anyone's control. Let's hope Archie and Co. can "shine" through the rest of the day. 

19 hours ago, IU4Ever said:

A lot depends upon just how much any athlete puts into the rehab process.

The rehab process starts as soon as the injury occurs. Far too many people wait until after the surgery to start rehab. I tore 3 ligaments in October and needed 2 surgeries and was back starting a game in February on a limited basis. Looking back it was idiotic. But just shows what can be done. Using a cadaver or a repair to the actual ligament itself speeds up the process over using hamstring. Lots of variables involved. 

Just now, IndySportsPartizan said:

Wasn't the "best" start to the OV this morning, for reasons out of anyone's control. Let's hope Archie and Co. can "shine" through the rest of the day. 

The rehab process starts as soon as the injury occurs. Far too many people wait until after the surgery to start rehab. I tore 3 ligaments in October and was back starting a game in February on a limited basis. Looking back it was idiotic. But just shows what can be done. 

Can you elaborate? Or reasons out of control weather related?

Is there anyone that has extensively watched both Quinones and Harris? Does one fit our needs better than the other? Based on some very limited clips, it seems like Harris is a bit smaller, but shows more explosiveness, defensive ability, and lead guard potential whereas Quinones maybe has better size, better shot, and more of a combo/shooting guard. Accurate?

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

The rehab process starts as soon as the injury occurs. Far too many people wait until after the surgery to start rehab. I tore 3 ligaments in October and needed 2 surgeries and was back starting a game in February on a limited basis. Looking back it was idiotic. But just shows what can be done. Using a cadaver or a repair to the actual ligament itself speeds up the process over using hamstring. Lots of variables involved. 

Sun come out wherever you are!

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

Anybody have any idea how it’s going today? We need Indy out there taking pictures out there like he did with Brunk....

Weather is not ideal here today, I am trying my best to not leave my apartment. I heard he was eating with the coaching staff at Nick's. I wish it was sunny and 65, but the Indiana weather kneels for no one. 

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

Anybody have any idea how it’s going today? We need Indy out there taking pictures out there like he did with Brunk....

That was IUKev I believe!

Earlier today coach took him through the new facilities at the football stadium,  followed by Assembly Hall, and Cook. He was impressed by how large Assembly Hall looks and really really liked the new locker room and weight room. Whether we land him or not, its nice to see some of the updates paying off. Not sure what their plans are the rest of today/tomorrow, but the "tour" is out of the way. 

Just now, southsidehoosier said:

Sunday is supposed to be 75 and sunny here

I am not sure how long usual visits last. But if he gets a chance to see campus Sunday it will have a great lasting memory. The campus is in full bloom right now, beautiful when it isn't 45 and rainy. 

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yep...if weather is the deciding factor then I guess we lose out to Carolina.  Let's hope there's more involved here than that.

How many scholarships does UNC have and how many guards do they need.  It is thought that Cole Anthony one of the top guards in the country will choose UNC so to me that would be detriment for Harris to pick UNC.

Archived