Anthony Harris Commits to North Carolina

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How many scholarships does UNC have and how many guards do they need.  It is thought that Cole Anthony one of the top guards in the country will choose UNC so to me that would be detriment for Harris to pick UNC.

Robinson - top 100 guard

Woods - top 100 guard

Black - top 100 guard

Platek - who we recruited at one point

Francis - 2019 recruit

Most likely:

Anthony - 5 star recruit

Harris's most logical choice is IU if he wants to play early. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If we fans think weather will cause a major college decision we are in trouble. If we were talking about Cali or Florida then sure  lol

Usually not but I remember we Trevor Ariza was on an official here and there was a tornado close to Ellietsville. I stopped at assembly hall parking lot waiting for it to pass, it was terrible looking skies ,hail,wind and at times torrential rain. If I remember right Ariza mentioned the weather in his post visit interview. Obviously not the norm but I don’t blame him one bit for being on his mind lol

7 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Usually not but I remember we Trevor Ariza was on an official here and there was a tornado close to Ellietsville. I stopped at assembly hall parking lot waiting for it to pass, it was terrible looking skies ,hail,wind and at times torrential rain. If I remember right Ariza mentioned the weather in his post visit interview. Obviously not the norm but I don’t blame him one bit for being on his mind lol

He also was born in Florida and went to HS in LA. This is UNC versus Indiana.  Both suck weather wise.  

27 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

He also was born in Florida and went to HS in LA. This is UNC versus Indiana.  Both suck weather wise.  

Also, he's from Fairfax, VA, which is the DC metro area.  He's seen snow, it's a swamp in the summer and (ironically) as of the time of this post, there's a tornado watch for that area right now.  Sounds strikingly similar to B-town weather. 

2 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Robinson - top 100 guard

Woods - top 100 guard

Black - top 100 guard

Platek - who we recruited at one point

Francis - 2019 recruit

Most likely:

Anthony - 5 star recruit

Harris's most logical choice is IU if he wants to play early. 

UNC is also in on a grad transfer, CG Christian Keeling from Charleston Southern.   He is visiting them next week.  Fyi...Purdue made his top 5.

Go Hoosiers!!!

30 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Lots of info on Harris here and videos.  If you watch nothing else, I like the one on one interview at the very end.  You will hear him mention playing defense and leading.  Yes please.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/official-visit-primer-four-star-guard-anthony-harris-in-bloomington-this-weekend/

Yes please, indeed!!!!!

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He still feels like an east coast kid. Really interesting he wants to come this way when he has had so many opportunities back home with great programs...speaks to Archie imo.

Maybe just my own personal experience, but IU has a pretty strong east coast draw for a midwestern state school. I'd say roughly 15% of the people I had classes with were from east of Ohio.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Maybe just my own personal experience, but IU has a pretty strong east coast draw for a midwestern state school. I'd say roughly 15% of the people I had classes with were from east of Ohio.

I remember even at Tri-State now Trine in Angola we had a Large contingent of New York students. Something about that Indiana home feeling, maybe!

Cole Anthony - UNC’s top target and a top player in 2019 class will be announcing his decision Tuesday during Harris visit(Is he visiting Monday & Tuesday) Not sure how that could impact his visit.  Could see it going either way. May a buzz about another player during his visit plus someone of the same position or a bunch of hype around the program excites him. 

Don’t know. Probably went well. Im sure his unc visit will go well too.    Cole Anthony is announcing Mon/Tues - probably to UNC.     Sounds like the wild card is that Keeling kid (transfer from Charleston Southern).  If he picks UNC, I’d have to think Harris will go to IU. 

The one thing that worries me about a kid that didn’t originally commit to IU is that if things don’t go as he expects and let’s be real there will be times that it doesn’t will he want to go somewhere else. In this era of instant transfers does this kid feel like he is committed to the good and the bad times. I hope so...he sounds like an Archie type of player...hard worker and willing to do the dirty work. 

31 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Has it been confirmed that Anthony is down to IU and UNC as his two finalists? If so who has?  Sorry If I have missed this info

Georgetown, Maryland and V Tech are still in the running.  But I believe only IU and UNC had scheduled visits since he was released from his LOI.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Not sure if it means anything or if it's a diversion tactic but Anthony Harris followed Romeo, TJD, Armaan, Rob P, and Lester Q over the weekend. Most of the people he has recently followed on Twitter are no one of interest.

Something tells me we at the very least will have an answer this week. Between AH's visit, Lester Q visit, and Trendon decision coming soon I think by this time next week we'll have a much more clearer picture of where things stand.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure if it means anything or if it's a diversion tactic but Anthony Harris followed Romeo, TJD, Armaan, Rob P, and Lester Q over the weekend. Most of the people he has recently followed on Twitter are no one of interest.

Something tells me we at the very least will have an answer this week. Between AH's visit, Lester Q visit, and Trendon decision coming soon I think by this time next week we'll have a much more clearer picture of where things stand.

I friggin' hope

Assembly Hall was his favorite part of the trip and he says he doesn't have a specific date he plans to announce, although I think we will have an answer within a week. UNC fans are all over him, far far more than IU fans are (hint: go give some love to his IG and twitter post). V Tech is still in play but honestly I think it's down to IU and UNC. Kid is very "reserved" in that doesn't give any hints or any extra info in convos. 

https://twitter.com/MANZANT3/status/1119670255503200256/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1119670255503200256|twgr^363937393b70726f64756374696f6e&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hoosiersportsnation.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMANZANT3%2Fstatus%2F1119670255503200256

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwfL73YBuRI/

Archived