Weight loss motivational thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if everyone else does this or not....but schedule  your workouts. If the weight loss is important. This is the most important appointment each day. Barring emergencies....walking the hood, the gym or wherever you get a workout in...this has to be scheduled and kept.

I usually try to schedule mine based on my love of sports. So today Cubs play at 220 Indy time. I'll head to gym at 4 for my hour on the elliptical to watch last of game.

Like hearing peoples tips and tricks. I have seen it reported many times where diet is more important than exercise. Diet soda is especially harmful. Personally, I use the Mio (or generic) water flavor enhancers. I used to have a couple Cokes at lunch every day and gave that up. Exercise turbocharges your results by helping to burn more calories. Since your leg muscles are the largest, thats the best place to start. 

11 hours ago, BDB said:

@Seeking6 - didn't realize they grew them so small down on the farm.

90% free throw shooter. Talk doesn't rattle. Much like Ollie. Kidding aside. Started the year at 193 range. At one time was 230+....goal is to get down to 165 range.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I miss living like a fat kid. This eating healthy and exercising thing is for the birds lol.

Actually on the exercise bike right now. How's everybody doing this week?

Doing pretty good. Surprised myself a bit today with number but I think it was 2-3 lbs of water weight so we'll see come Sunday. Keeping up with rolling 7 day average of 50 miles (combo of walk/run). My biggest thing is no drinking. Even if I ate poorly...the lbs will come off. Have another 10 days of this no beer BS. 

Friday and Saturday are always my biggest workout numbers. Tomorrow will be 1 hour on elliptical at 8am followed by 12 miles on bike on Monon. Few miles walking the dog later in the day. 

Good luck to everyone!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Doing pretty good. Surprised myself a bit today with number but I think it was 2-3 lbs of water weight so we'll see come Sunday. Keeping up with rolling 7 day average of 50 miles (combo of walk/run). My biggest thing is no drinking. Even if I ate poorly...the lbs will come off. Have another 10 days of this no beer BS. 

Friday and Saturday are always my biggest workout numbers. Tomorrow will be 1 hour on elliptical at 8am followed by 12 miles on bike on Monon. Few miles walking the dog later in the day. 

Good luck to everyone!

Nice!  Weekends are usually good for some good workouts.  I was planning on starting running over the weekend, but got asked to be in a golf outing tomorrow instead.  Can't turn that down!  Maybe Sunday I'll run.

I splurged for a pork burrito from my local Mexican place tonight.  I did some intervals on the bike of 30 seconds all out, and 1 minute easy.  Did it 4 times.  I've done it a few other times this week and felt good afterwards, but I could tell I didn't eat enough earlier in the day.  Got off and felt sick and light headed and I said screw it and got a burrito lol.  I guess at least it wasn't pizza or a pound of bacon.

Even after that and drinking quite a bit before and during the working out, still down 2-3 pounds from Sunday night.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone!

Drinking is unfortunately big for weight loss. I work for a company that yields a lot of opportunities to drink during the week which makes it a challenge for me, because my wife and I like to drink on the weekends after our daughter is asleep. This leaves me drinking 5 and 6 days a week a lot of the time. When I can go long stretches without drinking I feel a ton better. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Drinking is unfortunately big for weight loss. I work for a company that yields a lot of opportunities to drink during the week which makes it a challenge for me, because my wife and I like to drink on the weekends after our daughter is asleep. This leaves me drinking 5 and 6 days a week a lot of the time. When I can go long stretches without drinking I feel a ton better. 

Same here. Started at 1-2x per week which transitioned into 3-4 which basically turned into almost every night. Started losing my focus a bit so in April I decided to do a week free of beer. Week turned into a month and now that month is almost 2 months. Feel really fresh and the weight loss helps too.

I'm actually very pleased with my week.  My weigh-in last Sunday was totally out of the norm.  I don't have any idea where that number came from, but I weighed myself 3 times to make sure,  On Monday, I was back up to 218.  So, to be down to 212.9 today, I'm very happy.

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm actually very pleased with my week.  My weigh-in last Sunday was totally out of the norm.  I don't have any idea where that number came from, but I weighed myself 3 times to make sure,  On Monday, I was back up to 218.  So, to be down to 212.9 today, I'm very happy.

That is great! I have to try and weigh myself at same time no matter what because my weight can fluctuate by about 3-5 lbs each day with food/water. This morning after my workout it was 177.2 after gym...179.6 before and that was just an hour on elliptical. My OCD kicks in and I probably weigh myself about 3-4x each day so I get a feel for certain foods, drinks,etc...

As long as it goes down. I'm happy. 

I experimented with weighing after waking up and weighing when I got home from work before eating supper.  

I found my weight is more consistent in the afternoon.  Possibly because I eat too close to bedtime. I weighed in triplicate to prevent an outlier.  

Also, to help stay focused when I feel mentally weak I repeat to myself "do the right things, the correct way, everyday".

It really helps me to have a repetitive motivational tool like this.  

I'm pretty happy with my week too. Last Sunday I went golfing and to dinner with my dad and brothers, so I was pretty heavy last Sunday.

Weighed myself before dinner tonight at 250. Going to wait until after dinner and I'll probably have some more fluids in me for my official weigh in.

I think someone else mentioned it and I'll say similar thoughts. Sunday night is my night to plan. Schedule my work week, schedule my personal to do list, appointments,etc...but I also believe in using Sunday night (if you can) to plan your meals. I also fill up my tupperware. Strawberries, celery, bananas, watermelon, whatever you like....nuts, cheeses, and hard boiled eggs. If my fridge is full of healthy snacks or stuff for lunch...it always helps me avoid grabbing other foods that aren't healthy. 

Archived