Weight loss motivational thread

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All day long. My first go around I went from 235 range to 155. Took me over a year. I also quit drinking, absolutely no carbs and was working out twice a day. Anything in the right direction is a positive. And the scale doesn't always mean the right direction. Developing better eating habits,etc...is right direction. The weight always comes off over time. 

The bolded part is so true.  It depends on how much you've had to drink, when the last time you went to the bathroom was, and a lot of other things that cause your weight to fluctuate.  I would say for most people it is at least 2 or 3 pounds between highest and lowest weight each day.  Like you said, its mostly about the better habits and over time weight will keep coming off.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Everything is updated.  I added some totals to the columns too.  Only waiting on @CTrojan88.  He must have a life or something and can't post all day (weirdo!).

image.thumb.png.46dea43cfeacf907e2b9337c416b200e.png

Sorry, I have been traveling the last couple Sundays.  I actually did stay the same so your filler was correct.  I will be traveling again this Sunday but will try to remember and weigh in and send....

21 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Sorry, I have been traveling the last couple Sundays.  I actually did stay the same so your filler was correct.  I will be traveling again this Sunday but will try to remember and weigh in and send....

No problem.  Even if you don't get it done until Monday or Tuesday it isn't a big deal.

I think you need to tell people you've got more important things to do and can't be travelling on Sundays anymore!

19 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

No problem.  Even if you don't get it done until Monday or Tuesday it isn't a big deal.

I think you need to tell people you've got more important things to do and can't be travelling on Sundays anymore!

Can I weigh in on Fridays for the weekends I'm going to be incarcerated?

I thought I was getting a break from the holiday meals.  Working nights, sleeping during the day, I brought a small piece of chicken and lots of fruit to eat.  According to the rumor mill, employer is catering in pizza before the local Pizza Hut closes.

I will be thankful, and gain a couple lbs for a day.

I got up this morning.  Weighed myself.  Ate  regular breakfast.  Drank a lot of fluid.  Mowed the lawn and did some other work outside from 10:00-12:00.  It was so hot that despite what I ate and drank, I decided to weigh myself again after I came in.  Lost over a pound, and since I drank at least that much in water while I was out, jit was probably more like 2 punds just from working in the yard for 2 hours.  It was so hot and humid, even at that time of the morning.

9 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

I thought I was getting a break from the holiday meals.  Working nights, sleeping during the day, I brought a small piece of chicken and lots of fruit to eat.  According to the rumor mill, employer is catering in pizza before the local Pizza Hut closes.

I will be thankful, and gain a couple lbs for a day.

If its anything like the pizza hut where i live, you'll lose more than you gain in the end.  🤢💩

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

If its anything like the pizza hut where i live, you'll lose more than you gain in the end.  🤢💩

Well, with the 6 slices of pizza, I ate 16 oz of strawberries.
So, I asked my co-workers, "2 lbs of pizza and 1 lb of strawberries get in a fight, who wins?"
Eventually, I answered "certainly not you guys".  They looked confused, they will understand tonight.

Congrats to both of you for continuing the right direction!

Will be an interesting weigh in this week for me. I'm adding an additional 15 minutes  to my cardio workouts each day this week because I basically ate like a platinum club member at Golden Corral this Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. Didn't eat the breads/desserts,etc...but ate plenty of dips/sauces and other foods that don't seem heavy in calories but are. 

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Congrats to both of you for continuing the right direction!

Will be an interesting weigh in this week for me. I'm adding an additional 15 minutes  to my cardio workouts each day this week because I basically ate like a platinum club member at Golden Corral this Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. Didn't eat the breads/desserts,etc...but ate plenty of dips/sauces and other foods that don't seem heavy in calories but are. 

Man, things like dips, sauces, salad dressing, even liquids, can absolutely kill you as far as trying to lose weight. Good for you for being aware and taking the steps to offset that! 

176.8 for me this morning. I'll take it after eating 3-4 meals I had no business eating this past week. Hope everyone is doing well. Being a big sports fan these next 6-8 weeks are very important. Once football season starts (right around corner)....tailgates, Saturday/Sunday football...always means more bad food temptations and beer. 

Archived