Weight loss motivational thread

18 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Down another 2 pounds.

Not our best week overall, but we're still moving in the right direction.  Keep up the good work!  The front page is all updated.

Thanks for putting these numbers together. Sometimes we get so focused on grains of sand we lose sight/focus of the beach. Long term process. Keep up the work folks.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for putting these numbers together. Sometimes we get so focused on grains of sand we lose sight/focus of the beach. Long term process. Keep up the work folks.

No problem.  I enjoy doing it, and it is keeping me motivated.

If you're wanting to lose 50 pounds, 1 pound a week for 50 weeks still gets you to the same place as 5 pounds a week for 10 weeks.  Main thing is building healthy habits and the rest will take care of itself.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

205.8.  Continuing to be happy with my progress.  Looking forward to see a '1' as the first number in a few weeks.  Been a long time since I've been able to say that.

Will be here before you know it. We all have numbers that represent a huge accomplishment. Seeing that 1 is big. Been there a couple of times myself.

Do any of you guys swim? 

I'm in my early 50s, have been lucky not have a weight problem, but have fought the battle of the bulge, soft abs, and running, weight lifting, biking haven't been much help. 

Started swimming regularly a while ago, have a pool that was mainly for the kids, then started swimming laps and man, it's really good exercise, cardio, that works your whole body without the pounding on your knees. I know that common knowledge, but if you haven't swam regularly, there's a huge gap between knowing that in the abstract and doing it. I'm a huge fan of swimming now. Best exercise and gets you into shape pretty quickly.

21 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Do any of you guys swim? 

I'm in my early 50s, have been lucky not have a weight problem, but have fought the battle of the bulge, soft abs, and running, weight lifting, biking haven't been much help. 

Started swimming regularly a while ago, have a pool that was mainly for the kids, then started swimming laps and man, it's really good exercise, cardio, that works your whole body without the pounding on your knees. I know that common knowledge, but if you haven't swam regularly, there's a huge gap between knowing that in the abstract and doing it. I'm a huge fan of swimming now. Best exercise and gets you into shape pretty quickly.

I've been wanting to swim more to help strengthen my bad shoulder from years as a pitcher.  My parents have a pond so I can go whenever I want, but now I'm dealing with a hip issue.  Hopefully can get in to a chiropractor this week.  Jerk was out of the office for 2 weeks!

When I played baseball in college, we did pool workouts every once in a while.  10 minute stations of running in circles in 4 feet of water, swimming laps, and treading water in the deep with 30 seconds with arms and 30 seconds with arms above the head.  Go through each station 3 times.  Such a killer workout.

48 minutes ago, BDB said:

239.4 this morning , ouch

We'll probably all have those weeks at some point.  Just gotta keep the trend moving in the right direction.  Hopefully just bad timing for the weigh in and you had a lot of water weight or needed to take a big 💩.  Here's to a good week next week 🥑🍎🥦

Archived