Weight loss motivational thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

175.2 after getting home from eat fest. Will need to hit the gym in the morning to work off my last 3 bowls of mashed potatoes and gravy but sometimes it's worth it.

It is so true that it is sometimes worth it.  I think what ruins diets early on is people being too strict and making things miserable.  I had a terrible eating week, but I tried when possible to stay away from fried food and not go completely crazy eating.  I haven't had time to weigh in yet, and I'm sure I gained weight, but I'm still in a really good mood about my diet.  I'm actually looking forward to eating good this week and losing more weight.  I can already tell a difference in how I feel since I started, and sometimes speed bumps along the way just make you want to go faster :)

Hardest part about trying to lose weight is that you can do everything right and the lbs don't seem to come off. Keep the faith...they will. I feel like the scale has gone down more in the last 45 days compared to the previous months when I first started at 190 or so in February.

I finished compiling all the stats.  Let's just say next week will be better haha.  The only good thing about having a bad week is the next week should be really good.  I've already "lost" 4 pounds since I weighed in Sunday night.  Going from eating bad to eating good can drop excess junk pretty quick.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hardest part about trying to lose weight is that you can do everything right and the lbs don't seem to come off. Keep the faith...they will. I feel like the scale has gone down more in the last 45 days compared to the previous months when I first started at 190 or so in February.

You're over 60% of the way to your goal from when we started this.  Congrats!  Glad the pounds are finally starting to come off.

Hopefully people are starting to develop healthy habits.  That's a lot more important that what the scale says.  The healthy habits you built from February to June made it possible for you to be at the weight you're at now even though the scale wasn't showing it.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, Leathernecks said:

249 for me this week.  Drank over a gallon of water today and sat in a car for over 12 hours, so some of that is definitely water weight.

Looking forward to things settling down this week so I can get back in my routine and knock off the pounds I gained.

Just to show how much weight can fluctuate, I just got done with golf practice and didn't have much to drink and weighed myself at 240.5.  Something tells me I didn't lose 8.5 pounds of fat between Sunday night and Wednesday morning, but a guy can dream!  Off to have some fish tacos!  Hope everybody is having a good week 👍

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I saw the '1' in the first number earlier this week, just not at official weigh-in this morning.  Haven't seen that in years.  I feel good. 

A big thanks to all of you guys for keeping me motivated!

Congrats! Pretty soon you'll be seeing the 1 every time.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I saw the '1' in the first number earlier this week, just not at official weigh-in this morning.  Haven't seen that in years.  I feel good. 

Time to buy new clothes!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That's awesome. Keep it going. I always think the 30 days leading up to football season is the most important for me at least. Once football hits my Saturday and Sunday intake gets a little sideways...haha.

Archived