Weight loss motivational thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't eat that great, but still lost most of my vacation weight.  Hoping to get close to 240 this next week.

Still struggling with my leg.  Went to the doc and got an x-ray Wednesday, but still waiting on the results.

Much better week this week for everybody!  Down 24.5 as a group, and still have @PoHoosierand @CTrojan88 to weigh in.  Should be our 2nd or 3rd best week overall.

34 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Didn't eat that great, but still lost most of my vacation weight.  Hoping to get close to 240 this next week.

Still struggling with my leg.  Went to the doc and got an x-ray Wednesday, but still waiting on the results.

Much better week this week for everybody!  Down 24.5 as a group, and still have @PoHoosierand @CTrojan88 to weigh in.  Should be our 2nd or 3rd best week overall.

Dragging you all back.  197 today.

I know that I am not on the team but wanted to share anyway.  10 days ago I started out at 232 when I began the KETO diet.  I really have stuck to it and my carbs are below 20g per day. I have not been able to exercise because of my knee issues but I am proud to announce that today I stepped on the scale at 215.  15 pounds to go and I will be happy.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:32 PM, Billingsley99 said:

I know that I am not on the team but wanted to share anyway.  10 days ago I started out at 232 when I began the KETO diet.  I really have stuck to it and my carbs are below 20g per day. I have not been able to exercise because of my knee issues but I am proud to announce that today I stepped on the scale at 215.  15 pounds to go and I will be happy.

Awesome! KETO and other similar forms really do work. When I was back in my 230/40 range way back when I went total carb free (without exercising) and had great results. Congrats to you! Diet is and will always be king!

I would say the main thing with any diet is finding something you enjoy doing. I know a few people who loved keto for a while, but they didn't end up sustaining it. If you're enjoying doing it, keep kicking butt with it.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I've found that if your diet is work, it won't work.

9 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, @Billingsley99 you're more than welcome to join the party if you want to. I don't mind adding people to the list at any time, and newcomers are always welcomed.

I don't want to be a bother but if you don't mind adding me to the list. Thanks.  Support is key, wish I would have found this thread sooner.

42 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't want to be a bother but if you don't mind adding me to the list. Thanks.  Support is key, wish I would have found this thread sooner.

In case you didn't see it in the tread, Sunday is our weigh in day.  It can be any time you choose.  Some people are busy Sunday and get there weight in Saturday or Monday, and that's fine too.

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

In case you didn't see it in the tread, Sunday is our weigh in day.  It can be any time you choose.  Some people are busy Sunday and get there weight in Saturday or Monday, and that's fine too.

Perfect. Yes my goal is 200. Wife does not want me any less than 200. Happy wife happy life.  Thanks

10 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I would say the main thing with any diet is finding something you enjoy doing. I know a few people who loved keto for a while, but they didn't end up sustaining it. If you're enjoying doing it, keep kicking butt with it.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I've found that if your diet is work, it won't work.

Expert or not, that last sentence is dead on.  

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Dude...dropping those lbs fast! Did everything else check out alright?

Well the hospital did have a little to do with my weight loss!  Yes I was at the neurosurgeon's office this past Monday.  The CT scan showed my brain was fine.  Got the 15 staples removed from my skull.  I still struggle with memory during the 3 week period before my surgery.  I am a little shaky walking at the moment.  Time will tell.  But I did get my driving privileges back.  She did recommend a high protein diet for me.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the hospital did have a little to do with my weight loss!  Yes I was at the neurosurgeon's office this past Monday.  The CT scan showed my brain was fine.  Got the 15 staples removed from my skull.  I still struggle with memory during the 3 week period before my surgery.  I am a little shaky walking at the moment.  Time will tell.  But I did get my driving privileges back.  She did recommend a high protein diet for me.

Good luck with those things. Sounds like some good progress! 

Archived