Weight loss motivational thread

I'm always game. I've pretty much maintained since last summer what I wanted to stay at now I'm focused on eating healthier (not just eating less) and adding weight training to my daily elliptical. Weight loss can be life changing. I encourage anyone to give it a go. I was 230+ for a decade. Now in low 170's and I can't imagine carrying around that extra weight ever again. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Good job!  That's some work.

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm always game. I've pretty much maintained since last summer what I wanted to stay at now I'm focused on eating healthier (not just eating less) and adding weight training to my daily elliptical. Weight loss can be life changing. I encourage anyone to give it a go. I was 230+ for a decade. Now in low 170's and I can't imagine carrying around that extra weight ever again. 

That's some amazing work as well, kudos!

Edit:. I really should post from my phone.  The struggle is real.

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Was that really only 6 months ago.  Weighed in at a nice fat 212.7 this morning.

It happens unfortunately even if it doesn't feel like it. 2 lbs per month can happen easily...especially during the winter and stress eating from this past IU basketball season. haha. Good luck getting it going the other direction!

On 3/31/2019 at 7:37 AM, 5fouls said:

I'm game if we can get a good group.  Numbers help with motivation.  I have put most of what I lost last year back on and have been thinking the last week or so about getting my act together.  

I'm in the same boat.  Just trying to start back up.

I had a pretty rough stretch in my personal life, so eating healthy was the last thing on my mind.  Thankfully things are back to normal, so I'd be willing to help out with it again.

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dropped 27lbs last year and have kept it off but I have alot more to go. I'm game.  To be totally honest, I could do alot better if I can quit drinking alcohol.  1-2 nights of alcohol leads to poor food choices and it sabotages all my other efforts.

Last spring I took 4-5 months off the alcohol game A) just to make sure I could and B) get my focus back.....word of caution. When I removed beer from my life I thought I would see immediate weight loss. Didn't happen for me until roughly day 45 or so. Keep the faith but it does require patience.

Archived