Depth chart for PSU

snowling

The roster and current injury situation are a pretty rinse repeat narrative for IU lately..It makes it really hard for a close follower to stay positive,but thankfully Indiana's dismal past in football offers many consolation prizes for the devout fan to focus on despite any chance of a best case scenario being wiped away immediately every year.

Once again they lose the one WR who takes their passing attack from potent to lethal. Will IU's top performing returning WR from the year prior EVER make it to a 2nd quarter of a first game of the season? 

When I heard word of Westbrook going out for the year on the opening kickoff against OSU I damn near cried!!  So frustrating and that alone seems to relegate my season record predictions to being off by 2-4 WINS!!!!  How many times have we saw IU hold or take a late ( 3rd Quarter or after)  lead against a top -10 team, then get the big stop , then fail to score on the ensuing drive ,only to see the opponent secure the win late ? Every single time ,however many that is if it were counted.

Ironic enough many have slung the ball to their own respective go to WRs and let them make winning plays .See Christian Hackenburg,Connor Cook,JT Barret, Wilson Speight, Tommy Armstrong,Trace McSorley,the list literally goes on and includes several teams IU SHOULD NOT have lost to on paper!!

However, when you are the team losing your go to guy in the pass game you're basically screwed and that is IU in a nutshell when we need that huge huge play..To think the last IU Offense that stayed mostly healthy at WR - with Hughes , Latimer ,and Bolser ,started to show us what was possible if they had stayed intact just once! The only time they have stayed healthy since was the rebuilding year after all 3 moved on from IU and Wynn led a rebuilding WR corps of then Freshmen Slot WR  J-Shun Harris ,Wideout  Simmie Cobbs. and TE Jordan Fuchs.

Anyway , I hope anyone took anything positive away from this .I hoped to stay on topic ,and Im mostly just venting about IU's endless status of being left standing on the cusp of a historic season.....then seeing "the cherries at the top" end up so far out of reach by season's end !

I fear a similar outcome now,and Purdue isn't even looking like a good bet for a W if IU can't catch a break on the key injuries.and that goes for all positions , not just WR.Damn the luck sometimes.

7 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

The roster and current injury situation are a pretty rinse repeat narrative for IU lately..It makes it really hard for a close follower to stay positive,but thankfully Indiana's dismal past in football offers many consolation prizes for the devout fan to focus on despite any chance of a best case scenario being wiped away immediately every year.

Once again they lose the one WR who takes their passing attack from potent to lethal. Will IU's top performing returning WR from the year prior EVER make it to a 2nd quarter of a first game of the season? 

When I heard word of Westbrook going out for the year on the opening kickoff against OSU I damn near cried!!  So frustrating and that alone seems to relegate my season record predictions to being off by 2-4 WINS!!!!  How many times have we saw IU hold or take a late ( 3rd Quarter or after)  lead against a top -10 team, then get the big stop , then fail to score on the ensuing drive ,only to see the opponent secure the win late ? Every single time ,however many that is if it were counted.

Ironic enough many have slung the ball to their own respective go to WRs and let them make winning plays .See Christian Hackenburg,Connor Cook,JT Barret, Wilson Speight, Tommy Armstrong,Trace McSorley,the list literally goes on and includes several teams IU SHOULD NOT have lost to on paper!!

However, when you are the team losing your go to guy in the pass game you're basically screwed and that is IU in a nutshell when we need that huge huge play..To think the last IU Offense that stayed mostly healthy at WR - with Hughes , Latimer ,and Bolser ,started to show us what was possible if they had stayed intact just once! The only time they have stayed healthy since was the rebuilding year after all 3 moved on from IU and Wynn led a rebuilding WR corps of then Freshmen Slot WR  J-Shun Harris ,Wideout  Simmie Cobbs. and TE Jordan Fuchs.

Anyway , I hope anyone took anything positive away from this .I hoped to stay on topic ,and Im mostly just venting about IU's endless status of being left standing on the cusp of a historic season.....then seeing "the cherries at the top" end up so far out of reach by season's end !

I fear a similar outcome now,and Purdue isn't even looking like a good bet for a W if IU can't catch a break on the key injuries.and that goes for all positions , not just WR.Damn the luck sometimes.

Westbrook had lost his spot to Hale, that is why he was on the kickoff team. It is hard to understand why he was there, and harder to understand how last years leading receiver became a backup, but maybe that tells you what magic they performed last season. Nevertheless, they will be fine.

Archived