Freedom of Information Act does not apply

49 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Other big ten teams that have posted non conference schedules in addition to the pee yew smeller makers &  penn state are ::    Michigan , Nebraska & Wisconsin !       Big East teams who have posted non-conference schedules are :  Xavier , Marquette , Seton Hall , & Providence ! Come on IU , get with it ,very big grin !

Passion or not.......give it a rest.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More teams that have posted their non conference basketball schedules are: Evansville , Toledo , North Florida , Stoney Brook , College of Charleston , Texas San Antonio , UNC Charlotte , William and Mary , Northern Kentucky , IUPUI , and Monmouth !! At least I am eliminating the teams that The Hoosiers will not play in 2018-19 ! I think IU will play 2 or 3 more non conference games and ( of course ) 1 or 2 exhibition games !! Only 34 days until the first day of classes at IU !! So , I don't know if I wilI find out before IU releases those games or not ! BUT , I 'm  going to keep trying ! Everyone needs a goal in life and that is my goal !!

FKlM01: Hello to you ! Here is some more teams who have posted their non conference basketball schedules (with added info) Sacred Heart , Bryant (@Iowa on Sat. Dec. 29, 2018) , Oral Roberts , Grambling ( at Wisconsin on Dec . 22 ,2018)  , Long Beach State ,  Southern Utah , Penn , Brown (at Butler on Wed. Dec. 5 , 2018) , Wyoming ( at Evansville on Wednesday November 28 , 2018) , UNLV ( at Illinois on Saturday , Dec.8 , 2018) , Air Force (at Michigan on Saturday December 22 , 2018) , and Colorado State ! A.J.Guyton is now an assistant coach at Loyola of Maryland !!! South Dakota State is going to play TWO games at Carleton university in Canada on Friday August 10-2018-@7PM. and Sunday August 12-2018-@7P.M. They will also play at Ottawa University in Canada on Saturday August 11-2018-time TBA ! Those two teams are traditionally the best two college teams each year !!¡

Still no news on IU's  non conference schedule ! IU has not responded to my electronic request for release of this information ! I can't believe that they have not responded to a request for information ! This is in  violation of State Law ! Unfortunately , I do not have the financial  means or political clout to do anything more !!!

P.S. I just sent a letter to Senator Joe Donnely in a last ditch effort to get this information ! It was the only thing I could think of !!

More schools that have posted their non conference basketball schedules are::;Oakland , Miami of Ohio , UMBC , Hartford , Stony Brook , New Hampshire , Rhode Island , Pittsburgh , Eastern Kentucky , and St. Francis of Pennsylvania ? Still have not found the rest of IU's non conference schedule !!! Still trying though !!!!!!

19 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

More schools that have posted their non conference basketball schedules are::;Oakland , Miami of Ohio , UMBC , Hartford , Stony Brook , New Hampshire , Rhode Island , Pittsburgh , Eastern Kentucky , and St. Francis of Pennsylvania ? Still have not found the rest of IU's non conference schedule !!! Still trying though !!!!!!

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wait until the dang schedule comes out on Aug 20th and give it rest already.  You are the sole reason this site is hard for me to really get into!

More schools that have posted their non conference basketball schedules : Duke ,Butler , Syracuse , Boston College , Florida State ,  Houston , Marshall , Monmouth , Arkansas Little Rock , Grand Canyon , Southern University ,UNC Wilmington , Rice , Wright State , Temple , Fairfield , and Quinnipiac ! Nearly all of the websites that I have  visited at least posted their updated player rosters ! I realize that it is now only 22  days until IU FINALLY releases their updated player roster ! But ,  I will never be happy with the Long wait that IU forces their fans to endure every ( censured ) season before they release their non conference basketball schedule and updated player roster !!!!!!!!!

On 7/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, FKIM01 said:

Here's who cares...fans being pressured to commit on season tickets. I commented the same in the ticket topic. I think it's s***ty of IU to press fans to buy season tickets when IU wont even release the schedule. 

So you're telling me that seeing who is on the schedule even matters when considering to buy season tickets?  Hell, I've been on the wait list for season tickets for 3 years now so I could give a damn who is on the schedule, I just want to be able to get them!  You want to give up your tickets I'll gladly take them!

I'm simply saying fans paying big bucks for season tickets deserve to know what they are paying for.  I think it's arrogant as hell to just assume fans will pay while keeping your product details top secret. HTD has a point about IU being all secretive about their schedule when a bunch of other schools are very open about theirs.

...and you can put HTD on ignore if his posts bother you. I did it once and it was very effective. 

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm simply saying fans paying big bucks for season tickets deserve to know what they are paying for.  I think it's arrogant as hell to just assume fans will pay while keeping your product details top secret. HTD has a point about IU being all secretive about their schedule when a bunch of other schools are very open about theirs.

...and you can put HTD on ignore if his posts bother you. I did it once and it was very effective. 

I see what you're say, I really do.  And don't get me wrong, I wish IU would release their schedule way further in advance than they do but the lengths that HTD is going to and how big a deal he is making it, is ridiculous.  Season Tickets are on such a wait list and hard to get a hold of (Non Balcony) that the B1G conference alone makes the tickets worth it that no matter who IU schedules in the non conference.  It is not going to make or break anyone's decision to buy season tickets based on who the non conference opponents are because it takes so long to get tickets and then to get decent tickets after that.  

36 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

I see what you're say, I really do.  And don't get me wrong, I wish IU would release their schedule way further in advance than they do but the lengths that HTD is going to and how big a deal he is making it, is ridiculous.  Season Tickets are on such a wait list and hard to get a hold of (Non Balcony) that the B1G conference alone makes the tickets worth it that no matter who IU schedules in the non conference.  It is not going to make or break anyone's decision to buy season tickets based on who the non conference opponents are because it takes so long to get tickets and then to get decent tickets after that.  

No doubt the tickets will sell regardless.  It would just be nice to see the IU administration show the dedicated fans some respect by being a lot more transparent about their schedule.

My search for IU's non conference basketball schedule for may be " ridiculous " to some poster(s) But it sure as heck is  Not ridiculous to me !! I've already got 36 scoresheets made out for the 2018-2019 season ! I intend to keep score of 300 to 400 ( or more ) ! I take my  college basketball Seriously !! I have a strong belief that I have a stronger Love for IU hoops and all college hoops than some of my detractors do ? Every IU game matters to me !!

On 6/29/2018 at 5:33 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

I received a letter from Indiana University in today's mail ! You have to go to https://vpgc.iu.edu/forms/open-record.htm to request it's Men's & Women's non conference basketball games as soon as IU signs the contract with another school instead of having to wait until the first day of school to obtain this information ! If you do this , please ask for the updated men's updated & Current Roster also ! I am hoping that other IN fans join me by pursuing this information from IU ! The more the merrier !!

HTD, you were missing the last "L" on the URL.  Here is the valid open records request link:

https://vpgc.iu.edu/forms/open-record.html

I'd request it again...they must have lost your first request. :P

21 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Thanks ! I just sent my second request to IU !! I hope that they will make a quick and  correct response ???????

As I read it, they can arbitrarily refuse to comply with no explanation so I don't have very high hopes.  Here is part of the email response I received:

Please note that APRA does not require the production of documents within seven days. Rather, APRA provides that the request will be deemed denied if the requester does not receive a response from the state agency within seven days. By way of this email, I am providing notice that the University will initiate a review of your request and relevant files in order to determine what records the University may have that are responsive to your request and must be disclosed under APRA. We will respond to your request once our review is complete.

Yes , I received the same ( bs) email as well ! From their e-mail I get a feeling that is IU's way of saying " f**k you !! Sad !! However , here are some more teams who have posted their non conference basketball schedules ;::Bradley  , North Dakota State , Drexel ( will play at Rutgers on November 1,2018.) , Northern Kentucky  , Yale ,  Illinois State , George Mason , Dayton   & St. Francis of New York !!! I've eliminated a bunch of schools as possible non conference opponents for the Hoosiers . Still looking !!

Archived