Freedom of Information Act does not apply

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Yes , I received the same ( bs) email as well ! From their e-mail I get a feeling that is IU's way of saying " f**k you !! Sad !! However , here are some more teams who have posted their non conference basketball schedules ;::Bradley  , North Dakota State , Drexel ( will play at Rutgers on November 1,2018.) , Northern Kentucky  , Yale ,  Illinois State , George Mason , Dayton   & St. Francis of New York !!! I've eliminated a bunch of schools as possible non conference opponents for the Hoosiers . Still looking !!

Keep up the good fight buddy! I'm on team HTD. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Thanks ! I found out ( unofficially ) the new players uniform numbers ! Romeo Langford # 0 , Jerome Hunter # 21 , Robert Phinesee #10 , Damezi Anderson # 23 , Evan Fitzner # 55 !! Unfortunately ,  my source forgot to include Jake Forrester's uniform # !!!!!!!!! 

More teams thar have posted their non conference schedules are :::::::::::Buffalo , Kent State , Bowling Green , Akron , Western Michigan , Central Michigan , Richmond , Duquesne , Bucknell , Ciradel , Cal Baptist , and Coatal Carolina !!!!! If you want to try to get an early look at some college basketball  teams before November 1 , 2018 , here are some teams playing exhibition games in October 2018 ! Ocr. 23- -Duke vs. Virginia Union , Oct, 24-BYU vs. TBA !Oakland vs. Hillsdale ! Oct. 25 - Rhode Island vs. Pace & Kansas vs. Empire State , Oct. 26- Kaintucky cheaters vs. Transylvainia ( Hope those vampires suck out all of ky's blood, vbg ) and Buffalo vs, Daemen College . Oct 27-Duke vs. Ferris State , Oct. 28-Butler vs. Tiffin (?) , Oct. 29-IUPUI vs. Central State . Oct 30-California vs.Cat State East Bay , South Florida vs. Tampa , UMASS vs. Westfield State , Southern Utah vs. Life Pacific , and Grand Canyon vs. Montana State at Billings  . Oct. 31-Wright State vs. Notre Dame College.

3 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

More teams thar have posted their non conference schedules are :::::::::::Buffalo , Kent State , Bowling Green , Akron , Western Michigan , Central Michigan , Richmond , Duquesne , Bucknell , Ciradel , Cal Baptist , and Coatal Carolina !!!!! If you want to try to get an early look at some college basketball  teams before November 1 , 2018 , here are some teams playing exhibition games in October 2018 ! Ocr. 24- -Duke vs. Virginia Union , 

I hope Virginia Union doesn't go out there and screw up IU's SOS... Not that it counts  Lol 

I'm just joking,.and i'd drink a cup of habanero pepper juice if they  beat Puke   :D  

I would never take any B1G opponent for granted.  Thinking a game is winnable.  Made that mistake last year.  As when we faced Illinois who was on a lengthy B1G losing streak,at that time,  and we lost to them. 

Bad for fans to take games for granted, as I did then.  Even worse for players to take games for granted. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I would never take any B1G opponent for granted.  Thinking a game is winnable.  Made that mistake last year.  As when we faced Illinois who was on a lengthy B1G losing streak,at that time,  and we lost to them. 

Bad for fans to take games for granted, as I did then.  Even worse for players to take games for granted. 

I think it’s ok to think the game is winnable. A lot different than thinking it’s a win. 

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

lol. Thinking a game is winnable, the audacity! You're right, those games aren't winnable. Not sure what I was thinking.

21 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think it’s ok to think the game is winnable. A lot different than thinking it’s a win. 

Keep in mind, that I was not the one who first used the term "winnable". However as an IU fan for over 6 decades now, I will admit to feeling there was a time, when I felt a game on IU's schedule was a win. Even before the season had started And it held true, literally for decades.  Back when we had one heck of a coach..... and won something like 20 games in a row over Wisconsin. Even the contests against Northwestern were pretty much the same, back then. That day, for better or worse, has come and gone.  Of course, until they tip off all games are winnable. However to think, three to four months out that "games should be winnable" is to deny not only the competition in the B1G these days, but also the unknown.... such as injury, and the surprise of players playing well above what was expected of them.

By the way, BC love having you as a member here on HSN.  Your reputation precedes itself, and is well appreciated by me. 

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Keep in mind, that I was not the one who first used the term "winnable". However as an IU fan for over 6 decades now, I will admit to feeling there was a time, when I felt a game on IU's schedule was a win. Even before the season had started And it held true, literally for decades.  Back when we had one heck of a coach..... and won something like 20 games in a row over Wisconsin. Even the contests against Northwestern were pretty much the same, back then. That day, for better or worse, has come and gone.  Of course, until they tip off all games are winnable. However to think, three to four months out that "games should be winnable" is to deny not only the competition in the B1G these days, but also the unknown.... such as injury, and the surprise of players playing well above what was expected of them.

By the way, BC love having you as a member here on HSN.  Your reputation precedes itself, and is well appreciated by me. 

While all that is true I think even if Romeo and Morgan are hurt we should still be able to beat Northwestern at home. 

Mans why thank you mile. I was a member of site 1.0. Left after the switch to 247. I can’t even remember my username on that site lol. 

Posted this on another site. I think it works for this topic. 

Really excited to get the schedule today. Gonna do a more in depth topic but I see no reason we can’t have 21-22 wins in the regular season. 

8 of 11 of our OoC games are at assembly hall with 2 of the other 3 being very winnable. I figure we can get 8 wins here  9 isn’t out of question either

then because of a favorable schedule 14 wins in the big ten.

We get to play Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois and Rutgers twice. Should be able to get 6 here. 

Single plays @Maryland, @Penn State, @Minnesota and at home versus Wisconsin, Ohio State and Nebraska. This  is favorable because tougher opponents are at home. Think 4 wins 

Then double plays with Purdue, Michigan and MSU. I think 3 wins is more than legit. With 4 a slight possibility if we can hold serve at home

The first two categories I could see us getting an extra win also. Rutgers, Illinois and Northeestern are going to be sooo bad we really SHOULD sweep them. 

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

8 of 11 of our OoC games are at assembly hall with 2 of the other 3 being very winnable. I figure we can get 8 wins here  9 isn’t out of question either 

Be careful calling our OoC games "winnable". We lost to ISU and PFW last year, after all. Can't be taking Chicago State for granted. 9_9

• 3 weeks later...

I did finally get game contracts yesterday with the following email:

Mr. FKIM01:

Attached please find men’s basketball contracts for games currently scheduled in the 2018-2019 season. Our office now considers your records request completed.

It was kind of interesting to get the contracts.  Items gleaned from them:

1. Chicago State (11/6) gets $90,000 ($70,000 to the university and $20,000 to it's foundation.  Visiting team gets 100 tickets, 36 behind their bench.  Failure to appear/play costs CSU $180,000.
  2. USI (11/1) gets $15,000 for their exhibition game and the same ticket allotment.  Failure to show costs $30,000.
  3. Hardwood Classic (home games with Montana State(!), Texas Arlington and UC Davis, Road game with Arkansas). IU pays organizer (BD Global) a total of $275,000.  Visiting team gets 25-75 tickets. Arkansas agrees to play a return game in Bloomington next season.  Brooks Downing signed for BD Global based out of Lexington KY (You'd think they'd have some sway with getting UK to play a home & home).
  4. Louisville return game (12/8) - Each team guaranteed $30,000.  Visiting team gets the same 100 ticket allotment with 36 behind the bench.  Failure to comply costs $100,000.
  5. Central Arkansas (12/19) Executed May 31st - UCA gets $90,000 & 100 complimentary tickets. Failure to show up costs $180,000.
  6. Crossroads Classic: Extended through 2019. IU gets first right of refusal for donor/meeting spaces this year. Purdue gets first right in 2019.  All revenue/expenses split equally four ways...a good deal for Butler especially.
  7. A separate third amendment to the license agreement for the Crossroads Classic executed April 28, 2016 appears to extend it through 2021.  Ticket pricing from the original agreement dated 7-8-2011 sets ticket prices at $125, $70, $40 & $30.
  8. Jacksonville (12/22) - signed 4-11-2018. Jacksonville gets $92,500 and the usual 100 comp tickets.  No-show fee is $185,000.
  9. IPFW - signed 9-30-2015.  IPFW gets $90,000 and the customary 100 comp tickets. Standard 2X no-show fee of $180,000.

I was annoyed to get the information so late, but I will allow that when it finally came, the information gleaned was useful in answering the question of what are schools paid.

Archived